Kelly & Fadz (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Kelly and Fadz have both been great servants to the club, baring an injury crisis I can’t see them playing for us again apart from in an end of season dead rubber if we have nothing to play for.

no_loyalty

This is not a dig but why?
We have a fully stocked coaching team why would we replace the impressive Lawrence with a rookie in Fadz, football is not a charity.
I wouldn’t replace Lawrence as he has been superb, it would be coaching the younger age groups.

no_loyalty

Why have they got proven coaching ability then ?
No idea? however when a lot of players are approaching the end of their careers they do their coaching badges.

Cally Fedora

McFadzean still has a role I think. If we ever switch to a back five he’s a natural choice. Kelly - I imagine he’ll be off trying to earn a summer deal in L1. Don’t see Godden going anywhere.

SkyblueTexan

Kelly, Fadz, Godden and Moore will all leave i think.
Could potentially add Allen to the mix based on his last few poor displays. After last summer’s clear out I bet these will be next on the chopping block.

Hertsccfc

Kelly has been quite good when he's played this season. No reason why we should be looking to offload in Jan.
Exactly. He was motm in a couple of the matches he played, according to Sky and I thought they were right. We fell apart when he went off against Huddersfield.

slowpoke

Surprised if fit Kelly wasn’t on the bench yesterday and also a fully fit McFadzeen not brought on for the last ten minutes.

AJB1983

Yeah I think Oxford we’ll see the current bench starting I reckon.
Wilson in goal, fadz, Kelly, Ayari, Bidwell starting.
I fancy he’ll have Obikwu as the striker on bench with Tavares.
but certainly strong enough to win.

steve101

We could do with keeping them until the summer. Their experience maybe crucial at the tail end of the season. I imagine the defenders can still learn from Fadz, even in training. Kelly would be my go to for seeing games out.
And, I know it will never happen but out of our 3 keepers, I think Moore is the best all-round. He needs to go in January as he is surplus.

TomRad85

I’d keep them until the summer but would be looking to offload them plus Moore, Godden and Tavares.
Robins would still be starting Godden if we were the richest club in the world and he was flanked by Mbappe and Vinicius Jr.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

McFadzean still has a role I think. If we ever switch to a back five he’s a natural choice. Kelly - I imagine he’ll be off trying to earn a summer deal in L1. Don’t see Godden going anywhere.

The problem I see is… let’s say we switch to a back 5 in let’s say 4 games time… Fadz won’t be match fit. Sometimes coming in and playing a game with such a gap between his last outing could bring with it a rusty performance or worse… an injury at his age.
He’s a very good defender still and could put in a steady performance for another 18 months at league one level. He might not want to call it a day yet, he could be like Phil Jagielka.
He knows there’s a place here for him as a coach potentially but if he wants to continue playing for a while… maybe best elsewhere.
Personally I’d love Kelly & Fadz to be coaches here, they’ve been around Robins for so long so would know exactly what he wants… would be great to see but like Fadz… Kelly could still easily do 18 months in league one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Moore
Lusala Fadz Binks Dasilva
Kelly Rus Allen
Tavares Godden Ayari

S: Collins, Thomas, MvE, Bidwell, Sheaf, Palmer, O’Hare, Wright, Simms

Tell them all they’re playing for a career and if they’re subbed off they’re on the transfer list/back to their club.

Terry Gibson's perm

Moore
Kelly Rus Allen
Tavares Godden Ayari

Tell them all they’re playing for a career and if they’re subbed off they’re on the transfer list/back to their club.

That side will make sure we are only in the cup for one round

Great_Expectations

Tricky one really, as I imagine they will want to show they can still play at a decent level especially Kelly.

But that point re them knowing what MR is all about, what he wants and being able to spread that message instinctively is really important, especially to a squad in transition.

Ability wise they could hold their own in the right game right with the right tactics but not sure how much opportunity they will realistically get.

ccfc1234

Im honestly not too bothered. Potential money spinning tie aside.
I am not bothered in so far as I am aware we won't win the cup but we have been humbled and humiliated by lower league teams in both cups for years and it would be nice to go out to a big club with a big bag of cash to invest in the running of the club for a change!

Last edited:

skybluecam

Moore
Kelly Rus Allen
Tavares Godden Ayari

Rus!!!

That team might genuinely struggle in league one

Users who are viewing this thread