Kelly and Godden should start v Man Utd (2 Viewers)

messiahrobins

This isnt just sentiment although for me both deserve that sentiment anyway and a start, but i think there are tactical reasons anyway.
Palmer is suspended, and Ohare has been fucking dire and will offer nothing against that United midfield on current form and Allen is out so i think shoreing up the midfield will be of paramount importance and Kelly-Sheaf-Eccles is absolutely needed to protect our average defence.
As for Godden, well MVE is not a right winger at all and will be a fish out of water playing there at wembley and latabadieure was embarrassing yesterday at RB, which clearly is not his position save for emergencies, so MVE has to play RB which means Tavares or Godden out wide. No offence to Tavares but i wouldnt be starting him in a Cup SF, he is an option off the bench but for me Godden has to start out wide, he can play there, i am sure he did in our L1 campaign once or twice and he can put in a good cross.
We are going to have to put in a Middlesboro away play off SF performance in, i.e park the bus and make it ugly. If we try and be expansive we are going to get absolutely destroyed. We need Kelly and Godden's leadership.
Id also be tempted to bring Wilson back in goal. Collins doesnt inspire me at all, at least Wilson seems more vocal and better at shithousery!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

Deity

This isnt just sentiment although for me both deserve that sentiment anyway and a start, but i think there are tactical reasons anyway.
Palmer is suspended, and Ohare has been fucking dire and will offer nothing against that United midfield on current form and Allen is out so i think shoreing up the midfield will be of paramount importance and Kelly-Sheaf-Eccles is absolutely needed to protect our average defence.
As for Godden, well MVE is not a right winger at all and will be a fish out of water playing there at wembley and latabadieure was embarrassing yesterday at RB, which clearly is not his position save for emergencies, so MVE has to play RB which means Tavares or Godden out wide. No offence to Tavares but i wouldnt be starting him in a Cup SF, he is an option off the bench but for me Godden has to start out wide, he can play there, i am sure he did in our L1 campaign once or twice and he can put in a good cross.
We are going to have to put in a Middlesboro away play off SF performance in, i.e park the bus and make it ugly. If we try and be expansive we are going to get absolutely destroyed. We need Kelly and Godden's leadership.
Id also be tempted to bring Wilson back in goal. Collins doesnt inspire me at all, at least Wilson seems more vocal and better at shithousery!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Tea & Busquets

We’re in a position to win the draw why take any unnecessary risk in the name of sentiment? Kelly and Godden have barely played they are not on it.

Tea & Busquets

No, I think he's got a fair point. It might also be time to unleash Lusala and Stretton too.
I’d give the youngsters and the old heads league games as there’s virtually nothing to play for, with the cup however we’re still in contention to win or at least pocket a large sum of cash. I don’t understand why we should risk that to play guys we can give games to in the league?

mark82

I’d give the youngsters and the old heads league games as there’s virtually nothing to play for, with the cup however we’re still in contention to win or at least pocket a large sum of cash. I don’t understand why we should risk that to play guys we can give games to in the league?
Not until we're mathematically out of it.

napolimp

Saw this post last night, and thought I'd wake up to it having disappeared to the depths of General Chat. Can't believe how many people have responded to the troll.

Users who are viewing this thread