Keith O'Neil (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Gotta say, I didnt realise it was that bad !

As a promising youngster, O'Neill was spotted by several sides, including Norwich City, who went on to sign him when he was 18. O'Neill immediately impressed at the Norfolk club, despite being very injury prone. The injury problems, some of them stemming him having suffered from spondylosis as a child,[SUP][1][/SUP] affected him virtually from the start of his career and ultimately curtailed his progress.
O'Neill went on to play for Middlesbrough and Coventry City. While at Coventry, he was diagnosed with two degenerative bone conditions in his spine, spondylolisthesis and spondylosis, which was essentially a double fracture of part of the cord that threatened to leave him disabled. These conditions eventually forced his retirement.

Ashdown1

Most of us have huge issues with SISU bit without the signings of the likes of this guy and Tim Sherwood to name but two, the club would not have got into such a ridiculous mess !

rob9872

Would have helped his recovery if he hadn't wasted the £18k per week salary in Leamington bars. Took the loss in more ways than one and not ever really that good either imo.

Grendel

Most of us have huge issues with SISU bit without the signings of the likes of this guy and Tim Sherwood to name but two, the club would not have got into such a ridiculous mess !

It was the lee Hughes signing on £18,000 a week that really was the crippler.

Sbarcher

Him and his cronies must have drank Leamington dry of champers - never short of 5/6 hangers on. What a popular guy!!!!!!

SkyBlueRuffian

2 players from a long list of wasted money, our buying of players policy has been flawed for years.
SP has is right, buy players that will improve the team as well as their own value.

James Smith

Gotta say, I didnt realise it was that bad !

As a promising youngster, O'Neill was spotted by several sides, including Norwich City, who went on to sign him when he was 18. O'Neill immediately impressed at the Norfolk club, despite being very injury prone. The injury problems, some of them stemming him having suffered from spondylosis as a child,[SUP][1][/SUP] affected him virtually from the start of his career and ultimately curtailed his progress.
O'Neill went on to play for Middlesbrough and Coventry City. While at Coventry, he was diagnosed with two degenerative bone conditions in his spine, spondylolisthesis and spondylosis, which was essentially a double fracture of part of the cord that threatened to leave him disabled. These conditions eventually forced his retirement.

Whilst I appreciate that his condition made playing for us almost impossible there was something else that made me dislike him. When the club was facing a cash crisis they asked the players to please defer their wages for a week or two. He was the PFA representative and told the others not to do this, despite the fact that he was rarely playing because of his condition.

Moff

Except that SISU didnt own the club when we made these signings.....McGinnity was Chairman.

Jackoskyblue

I have both of them back conditions had my operation at 15 6 screws and 2 Rods in my back, it's a long scary road to recovery but once your there it hardly effects you, I went back to playing football after 3 months when it was meant to be 9 months I was that desperate to play

Users who are viewing this thread