Keith Houchen re lives his FA Cup Final wonder goal (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

[video=youtube;cTQ_s8Tyxtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQ_s8Tyxtg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Samo

Its a strange feeling to be weeping and yet semi-erect

ccfcway

it was amazing, no getting away from that, its just that it was 27 years ago now.

Many fans werent even born when Houchen scored, or were very young.

Just watched this over and over, tears welling up with pride at what we once were and disgust with what these latest custodians of OUR club have reduced us to.

Words fail me

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
........... and now you all know why I chose my user-name! :claping hands:

Joy Division

Never get mentioned enough when talking about Houchens goal but what a cross from Dave Bennett.

ajsccfc

It's footage that will never ever get old. One of my favourite parts is after he vaults the advertising and just starts leaping about in celebration. That's authentic joy.

Rusty Trombone

Never get mentioned enough when talking about Houchens goal but what a cross from Dave Bennett.

His goal rarely gets mentioned either, but a good cross from Downs, a good flick on from Houchen, then Bennett sprints past the defender, gets a touch past Clemence, steadies himself but is falling back, but still gets a good shot in without blasting it over.

ajsccfc

While we're covering the goals, Graham Rodger's little sidestep before his tasty pass to McGrath is a highlight too.

jimmyhillsfanclub

While we're covering the goals, Graham Rodger's little sidestep before his tasty pass to McGrath is a highlight too.

...and the way Mabbutt finishes with his knee is top class....

...PS: I have all the old newspapers from the day after the cup with all match reports etc.....

Spurs second is recorded as a Killer OG in a couple of the tabloids....

Rusty Trombone

...and the way Mabbutt finishes with his knee is top class....

...PS: I have all the old newspapers from the day after the cup with all match reports etc.....

Spurs second is recorded as a Killer OG in a couple of the tabloids....

At the start of the 86/87 season I started a scrapbook, all the cut outs from the footy mags, team photos, copies of The Pink, all the papers from the Cup run, all the Sunday papers after we won. Stored everything in a huge Puma hold all, found out that about 10 years later my mum needed a bag to take on holiday, she binned all the 'junk' in the Puma bag and took that.

Users who are viewing this thread