Keepers (1 Viewer)

mds

Just seen todays goals on tv, you know, outfield players you cant say shit when it comes to only goals and limited highlights unless youve been there its hard to comment, two minutes shows you nothing, but keepers, highlights and goals can speak volumes.
WTF yes WHAT THE FUCK
Saw my first game with my nan and grandad at 6 or 7 thats nearly 40 yrs of watching us play live and on tv i think you would find it hard to find such a demonstration of piss poor everything, our keepers just look so inept, crap, fucking useless, im one of them old fuckers that find it hard to stick the boot in to one particular player or position but fuck me im sure you could look at 75% of our goals this season and blame one of two players and both of them are keepers, ok so defenders make the odd mistake that lets a striker in, but if our defenders have to worry like fuck about making a mistake cause the keeper is fucking useless its just unneeded and added pressure.

Gobsmacked, truly and totally gobsmacked, the one position where we have always appeared confident and strong is our biggest weakness and seriously needs sorting.

Ive had beer, im on the defensive just incase it dont make too much sense, but i think im right.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You are right, pretty much every shot the opposition has they score. We have the highest ratio of shots faced to goals conceded.

If a keeper makes a save in a match it's a cause for celebration at the moment, I hope Pressley is sorting it out as it can't continue.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

while we have a love for ex sheff wed players and bringing back our old players why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and bring in kirkland on loan

mds

while we have a love for ex sheff wed players and bringing back our old players why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and bring in kirkland on loan
Wow, Kirkland, the great Sky Blue hope, if there was any player i would of thought would go on to bigger and better, the guy seemed to have it all while with us, destind to be Englands number 1 without a doubt then he moved on.

Fucking hell yes compard to what we have right now,

Gazolba

Glazier, Hedman, Ogrizovic, Kirkland, Westwood, Allsop/Burge - spot the odd one out.

KersleyDigs

I honestly think if Murphy was in goal this year we would have 6 or so more points on the board. Poor keeping has cost us. Allsop and Burge rarely make a save. One on One situations really are very predictable at present....

Skybluenutterman

Just seen the goals too. Diabolical. Both scored within 6 yard box. Second goal dreadful. Burge and Allsop couldn't catch a cold. Both need to control their box and come and collect EVERYTHING within 6 years box. Then again, Oggy was shit at crosses so maybe that's why?!?!

skybluegod

Just seen the goals too. Diabolical. Both scored within 6 yard box. Second goal dreadful. Burge and Allsop couldn't catch a cold. Both need to control their box and come and collect EVERYTHING within 6 years box. Then again, Oggy was shit at crosses so maybe that's why?!?!

Neither goals were Burge's fault yesterday, one goal came from losing our man at a corner (also just to point out his header was not inside the six yard box and so Burge should not have come to get it), and the second goal is just shocking, nobody closing down the crosser (despite madine's best efforts, and he was pissed off at the defence after conceding) it was a free cross with nobody reacting to the second ball, and again people not picking up their man in the box and a free header on goal. To blame the goals on Burge yesterday is stupid, both shots were free headers and both times he wouldn't have been able to come out and collect the ball imo.

torchomatic

RegTheDonk

I honestly think if Murphy was in goal this year we would have 6 or so more points on the board. Poor keeping has cost us. Allsop and Burge rarely make a save. One on One situations really are very predictable at present....

May as well get him back on loan. Don't think he's had more than a couple of games for Huddersfield.

kg82

Neither goals were Burge's fault yesterday, one goal came from losing our man at a corner (also just to point out his header was not inside the six yard box and so Burge should not have come to get it), and the second goal is just shocking, nobody closing down the crosser (despite madine's best efforts, and he was pissed off at the defence after conceding) it was a free cross with nobody reacting to the second ball, and again people not picking up their man in the box and a free header on goal. To blame the goals on Burge yesterday is stupid, both shots were free headers and both times he wouldn't have been able to come out and collect the ball imo.

Agreed completely. Free headers, both of them. Shocking defending. Yet it's Burge that gets highlighted? I don't get it.

skybluegod

Agreed completely. Free headers, both of them. Shocking defending. Yet it's Burge that gets highlighted? I don't get it.

JOB tbf to be fair to the guy admitted it was his fault for the second goal, I didn't want to point out it was his fussy on here in fear of being berated.

Have to ask, if Reda had been in the side would we have conceded either goal? Guess we will never know.

wingy

Where is he now? Not playing the the NDSFL is he? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

No ,dropped totally off the radar ,yet looked like a "keeper" ,in those "4" ?? matches IIRC.

Brighton Sky Blue

Always going to happen with such inexperienced keepers behind an already brittle defence. Alsopp and seemingly Burge too have it in their heads that they are the English Manuel Neuer and feel they can dribble past strikers but can't master the more basic aspects of goalkeeping.

I remember saying Murphy's departure would hit us as hard as Wilson's but the difference is that experienced keepers are in much greater supply than 20+ goals a season strikers.

stupot07

No ,dropped totally off the radar ,yet looked like a "keeper" ,in those "4" ?? matches IIRC.

Yeah he looked ok, but the fact he's completely fell off the radar is proof the club made the right call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So the fact he was completely free was Burge's fault? Not having it

No where have I said it was his fault there was a free man, although it is possibly his fault he didn't catch a cross which was almost on top of him. You are aware there can be more than one error in a build up to a goal?

Gazolba

You missed the best two--Reg Mathews and Arthur Lightening. Arthur in particular I would rate alongside Gordon Banks.

Reg Matthews was before my time. I saw Lightening play a few times and did not think he was anything special. I must admit he had a cool name though. We had a couple of very competent keepers after him and before Bill Glazier, Bob Wesson and Dave Meeson.

kg82

No where have I said it was his fault there was a free man, although it is possibly his fault he didn't catch a cross which was almost on top of him. You are aware there can be more than one error in a build up to a goal?

Says the man who singled out Burge?! I am aware and thought the criticism was unfair.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Says the man who singled out Burge?! I am aware and thought the criticism was unfair.

Ok

Both O'Brien and Burge were at fault for the goal, for leaving there man free and not dealing with the cross effectively. Possibly others as well for letting the cross in too easily.

Happy now?

malkitccfc

Burge isn't good enough regardless. What happened with that free kick last week against Peterborough anyway? Did it take a deflection or was it just bad goalkeeping?

skybluedan

Be it burge,s fault or not last weeks free kick garbage from him and allsopp being wank and all,are lets be fair worrying can we still get a loan?

skybluepm2

I have absolutely zero confidence in either, poor poor excuses for goalkeepers. 'Ooh but Burge is our future, we've brought him through and he's going to make mistakes, it's where we are'. Bollocks. If he's going to make mistakes then fuck him off on loan to gain experience, 10 games at nuneaton a couple of seasons back isn't anywhere near enough. We need someone experienced in on loan or better still permanently. The fact that we've brought in 6 strikers since the Summer and made do with a Bournemouth reject in goal, who I doubt we'd watched play previously, is very poor management by the club. They're costing us points and goals every week and it cannot continue!

Smudge1987

We have a defence that is as organised as the first game back at the ricoh and a pair of keepers that are just woeful. Put the two together equals chaos! Thing that gets me is even last season when we had murph we still leaked goals like crazy so nothing has changed other than now not being able to outscore the opposition.

zigojacko

There's countless half-decent to decent keepers warming the bench for their clubs week in week out. It does seem stupid to not try and get one of these that has already a proven track record on loan!?

Users who are viewing this thread