keeper (1 Viewer)

freddiemong

the keeper makes one decent save and he is the next gordon banks! sorry but he is shocking,nearly a own goal in 1st half because the denfenders dont turst him, and then beaten by a free kick again as his wall was not set up right,we have to get a decent keeper in asap and need to sack oggy too

Sky Blue Pete

He had a good game today and I think showed he has the talent for a career but he's just not good enough at the moment consistently week after week. And to be fair he would be nowhere near the first team at this stage of his career normally

skybluetony176

He looked OK I thought. Commanded his box well and made a good save. However he should have done better from the free kick, whether it's his positioning of the wall or what I don't know but some extra coaching is required I think. Also he seems to have trouble taking a goal kick but again this is something that can be coached.

lewys33

I slated him for the free kick but apparently it did go through the wall (couldn't see from side on) so it would have been a tough one.

BigadamL

I guess one save makes up for poor distribution, no communication with his back for and not being able to line several players into a straight solid line!

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

he seems to be an easy target for some on here but honestly when everyone around him seems to go into meltdown mode he seems to keep his head well. the freekick issues are a training ground issue Allsop set up a poor wall against barnsley at sixfields. Jamie jones did the same thing against scunthorpe. for 3 different keepers to have the same issues its down to poor routines on the training ground (and yes i realize criticizing oggy is taboo).

olderskyblue

It's odd isn't it. I thought his kicking used to be reasonable, but now it's got worse... In fact, it's getting as bad as Oggy's used to be. Co-incidence?

Speedies_Chips

he seems to be an easy target for some on here but honestly when everyone around him seems to go into meltdown mode he seems to keep his head well. the freekick issues are a training ground issue Allsop set up a poor wall against barnsley at sixfields. Jamie jones did the same thing against scunthorpe. for 3 different keepers to have the same issues its down to poor routines on the training ground (and yes i realize criticizing oggy is taboo).

I was just about to make a similar point. Why is no-one questioning Oggy here? After Saturdays free kick against Port Vale, would it not seem reasonable to do some work with Burge regarding lining walls up etc. I think he had a decent game overall, and I like the fact the comes and catches where other keepers punch (even when not under pressure). With good coaching , I think there is a potentially a good goalkeeper there. Over to you Mr Ogrizovic.

LB87ccfc

He needs to command his back 4 alot more, they do not feel comfortable with him their, and their is no communication between goalkeeper and back 4 at all.

StevieM

Criticizing Ogrizovic shouldn't be off limits, he is a supposed to be a goalkeeping coach and isn't doing a very good job of it by the looks of things.
Perhaps if he were the "paper handing out in the dugout" coach then that would be more up his street.
Why should he be given the "golden handcuffs" to an easy life playing goalies until he decides to hang his gloves up?
I don't see too many others from the 87 team in such a financially fortunate position...unless he does it for love of the club and takes no salary?

covcity4life

the keeper makes one decent save and he is the next gordon banks! sorry but he is shocking,nearly a own goal in 1st half because the denfenders dont turst him, and then beaten by a free kick again as his wall was not set up right,we have to get a decent keeper in asap and need to sack oggy too

agreed. he had a good game but fuck me the love in is silly

skybluedan

Let's be fair to him he is young and maybe get better, but at this time we ain't got the privilege to see him get better in games and need some expierience asap.
tbf myself I think he's shit and no way up for the fight and yes it was a good save but we are talking about 1 save here and not mom performances his positioning is terrible kicking even worse and the defence don't trust him what more is there.

rupert_bear

need to sack oggy too
Wtf are you on about ? are you looking for a sacrificial lamb ? Oggy can only coach those who are there to be coached, he doesn't sign them, will a replacement goalkeeping coach improve our chances of staying up, doubt it somehow. As for Burge he has handled okay the last couple of games, has a very dodgy defence in front of him too. The dipstick who gave that needless free-kick away (again) is who should be pilloried.

ohitsaidwalker king power

He's a Young man.
He shouldnt be the first team goalie at this moment.
He shouldn't be lambasted by criticisms, nor lauded with praise. Level is best
He should practice his kicking from hand; sometimes high and handsome is OK.. flat and long(Knee/Hip over) isn't always the best strategy.
Defence has no confidence in him.. or he has no confidence in defence? Same coin, different side.

Malaka

He needs to command his back 4 alot more, they do not feel comfortable with him their, and their is no communication between goalkeeper and back 4 at all.
I agree, but if I was a keeper, I wouldnt feel comfortable with that shower in front of me. The free kick that led to the goal was totally unnecessary, I watched Oggy when it was awarded and he was signalling where to place the wall and where to stand and gave a thumbs up, next thing I know Burge is picking the ball out of his net.

eastwoodsdustman

His kicking has improved. Only one or two straight out for throw ins. Earlier in the season he'd be lucky for one or two to stay in play. He was great at taking crosses and high balls last night. As for the near own goal, he came and called for it and the the defender didn't listen. Not Burge's fault.
How we all moaned when Murphy stayed on his line for crosses eh?

Hobo

I guess one save makes up for poor distribution, no communication with his back for and not being able to line several players into a straight solid line!

I think a solid straight line is down to the players in the wall. If the wall breaks up when the ball is played the keeper can't do much about it.

dongonzalos

Give the kid a break for god sake.
On the one hand people are demanding we develop our own talent and that is a great thing and it is the only way the club can survive.

Yet every time we have a kid with talent coming through some morons destroy them.

Christie
Jordan Clarke
Ryan Haynes
Bigi
Burge
Willis

When players of that age and experience break into a team. They are not going to be consistent they will make mistakes. They have to learn, develop and improve.

It is not their fault that as oppose to playing a few games then having a rest we end up playing them for 10-20 games and force them to continue when they have a dip in form.

skybluedan

im sorry but you just can't polish a turd (even though you can roll it around in glitter)

CCFCKirky

I think he has the potential to be a decent young stopper and wasn't as bad as people make out he was last night, I think we could do with getting a experienced keeper in and send this kid on loan to either a league 2 or top end conference club next season. Gain some very valuable experience then see how he gets on. Definatly not ready to be a L1 starter yet

torchomatic

We didn't let Murphy go.

Astute

We don't have a keeper. Everyone is for sale :whistle:

Johhny Blue

On the one hand people are demanding we develop our own talent and that is a great thing and it is the only way the club can survive.

Yet every time we have a kid with talent coming through some morons destroy them.

Christie
Jordan Clarke
Ryan Haynes
Bigi
Burge
Willis

When players of that age and experience break into a team. They are not going to be consistent they will make mistakes. They have to learn, develop and improve.

It is not their fault that as oppose to playing a few games then having a rest we end up playing them for 10-20 games and force them to continue when they have a dip in form.

Agree 100%. The kid is only 12 or something. He will learn. That was a great save and you can't teach reflexes. I wasn't at the game but it sounds like he handled crosses well and is becoming more confident. Surely a little praise for the good things can go a long way.

Grendel

Agree 100%. The kid is only 12 or something. He will learn. That was a great save and you can't teach reflexes. I wasn't at the game but it sounds like he handled crosses well and is becoming more confident. Surely a little praise for the good things can go a long way.

He is a year younger than Westwood when we signed him.

Grendel

Christie
Jordan Clarke
Ryan Haynes
Bigi
Burge
Willis

Doesn't really apply to a lot on the list really does it?

Christie had criticism aimed mainly at his attitude. He was never considered a poor player with no future in the game.

Jordan Clarke? Ffs how many games has he played? He's a league one player and oddly that's where he is.

Bigiamara was over hyped and has his payday so good on him. Hope he invests wisely as he's league 2 standard at best.

Haynes reminds me of other fullbacks. Whing according to some will be worth millions and once the CET was wondering why mark edworthy wasn't in the England squad. He has glaring limitations and its people like you blowing smoke out his arse that ultimately do more damage than me.

Willis gets little criticism as attitude and ability are strong do struggle with that.

Given that you slagged one player the other day with such vitriol how you can say anything staggers me really.

As for Burge the age thing is a joke. He's older than Sealey and Suckling and similar to Westwood. Hes not good enough and we shouldnt have got rid of Allsop but hey he's not one of us.

dongonzalos

Doesn't really apply to a lot on the list really does it?

Christie had criticism aimed mainly at his attitude. He was never considered a poor player with no future in the game.

Jordan Clarke? Ffs how many games has he played? He's a league one player and oddly that's where he is.

Bigiamara was over hyped and has his payday so good on him. Hope he invests wisely as he's league 2 standard at best.

Haynes reminds me of other fullbacks. Whing according to some will be worth millions and once the CET was wondering why mark edworthy wasn't in the England squad. He has glaring limitations and its people like you blowing smoke out his arse that ultimately do more damage than me.

Willis gets little criticism as attitude and ability are strong do struggle with that.

Given that you slagged one player the other day with such vitriol how you can say anything staggers me really.

As for Burge the age thing is a joke. He's older than Sealey and Suckling and similar to Westwood. Hes not good enough and we shouldnt have got rid of Allsop but hey he's not one of us.

Christie was slagged off by some numpties for his ability not his attitude. As was Clarke and Bigi.

You even have the odd idiot slagging off Haynes, In what can be only be described as his first proper season!!! Crazy.

Which is exactly the same scenario with Burge. This is his first attempt at a proper season. He is forced to play whether having a good time or bad. He has become commanding in the box. He is continually balling at the defenders. They will learn to trust him. His shot stopping is good.

My opinion on Stokes is he is 24 he is on loan his mistakes have cost us dear. Haynes should have been on the bench. When Stokes stopped running for the ball and showed a lack of commitment Haynes should have been on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread