kcic @ Jimmy's Hill v sheff u - provisional ideas (1 Viewer)

AndreasB

I'd wrap my head in tinfoil, then the mind altering spell wouldn't get through to me. I have no problem with cheering and clapping the team, so in that regard, the mind altering spell wouldn't be needed. There is nothing that the spivs of Sisu could do that would make me a Sisu believer.

I think you have been brainwashed already

AndreasB

i'm sure if you ask Mr fisher when he walks around at half time they will gladly pay for that bus for you after all they have arranged cheap travel to sixfields for everyone

So you would go if there was cheap travel laid would you? Like fuck you would.It just gives you another excuse.

DaleM

both are totally pointless with regards any actual protest though aren't they?

what message does that convey to the viewing public?

fuck all...that's what.

A random bloke watching on Sky in Ipswich or Birkenhead or Carlisle will not even register that it is a protest.....it'll just look like a few kids stood on a hill letting of fireworks....wow. :sleep:

Oh I dunno a few Air Bomb Repeaters aimed in the right direction would put the shits up a few people :D

skyblueinBaku

I think you have been brainwashed already

I've not been brainwashed, Andreas, nor have I been taken in by TF's claptrap about his 'pie in the sky' stadium in the Coventry area. CCFC should play in Coventry, where there is a perfectly good stadium already.

Monners

Andreas, why the anger towards me? I haven't said anything about your right to attend the games. I have been on the hill for one game - the Colchester game, as I wanted to see for myself whether a protest of this type was in any way a postive thing to do - and it was. Just to correct, I, and to my knowledge nobody else left at half time, and there were about 140 -150 fans there from all ages. On the back of that game, positive experience and coverage in national newspapers on the fans plight, I will attend the similar, and hopefully well attended protest at the Sheff Utd game. Not sure why I would protest outside the Council offices when I can travel the 3 miles from home to Sixfields. My choice not to go in - your choice to do so. I said in my previous post, I would be happy to discuss views in person -we are both fans of the club after all.

Hugh Jarse

I've not been brainwashed, Andreas, nor have I been taken in by TF's claptrap about his 'pie in the sky' stadium in the Coventry area. CCFC should play in Coventry, where there is a perfectly good stadium already.

I live closer to Shitfields than I do The Ricoh and I won't be going there anytime soon. Right or wrong, that's my decision, I just want the club I have supported for over 45 years to be in the city of its birth and the city that bears its name.

End of!

dadgad

I live closer to Shitfields than I do The Ricoh and I won't be going there anytime soon. Right or wrong, that's my decision, I just want the club I have supported for over 45 years to be in the city of its birth and the city that bears its name.

End of!

And me!
If I don't like a product, the cut of its jib, the feelings it engenders, etc. etc. I'll look elsewhere.
Ccfc, has become like an old friend you used to like but couldn't quite feel the same about once you discovered he was a serial kiddie fiddler.
At the moment Sisu are trying to rehabilitate the club in our affections.
Playing attractively, scoring for fun, keeping their rising stars, new sponsor and so on.
Trouble is they've taken the club out of the city and that could and should have been avoided.
Check.
No way back for me until Cov's in Cov.

WestEndAgro

Tennis balls 39p each at sports direct, we have to get the game abandoned anything else will not register anywhere and with anyone.
First major opportunity to make a point.
Every 2-3 minutes launch balls from outside, simple, cheap, achievable , and effective,
Combined with other peoples ideas we can cause major problems, without harm or injury.

GGA (get game abandoned)

Nick

Administrator
Tennis balls 39p each at sports direct, we have to get the game abandoned anything else will not register anywhere and with anyone.
First major opportunity to make a point.
Every 2-3 minutes launch balls from outside, simple, cheap, achievable , and effective,
Combined with other peoples ideas we can cause major problems, without harm or injury.

GGA (get game abandoned)

Surely police would remove you?

WestEndAgro

Surely police would remove you?

We will be around the whole of Sixfields, hopefully in our thousands, with 3-4 balls each, I don't see how it is not achievable we just need to get everyone to buy into it.
No money for SISU , no one entering Sixfields against their beliefs ( even out of curiosity, you know who you are).
Add the ballons, flares, glow sticks, drums, flags, banners, fireworks on the Hill and hey presto we have a demo, and all peaceful.

pusbccfc

Unfortunately the police wouldn't be impressed and neither would Sky.

King of the Lesbians

Much as I hate to say it, balls to sixfields will definitely get the most media attention.
Be it positive or negative it will certainly get people talking about the situation.

What's the worse the FL could do to the club if this happened? Anybody know off the top of their heads?

shepardo01

Oh dear.....I think the people on the hill move around to the other corner.....which means you can't see them from the main stand.... Don't think they go in in the second half....SISU haven't started "half game" tickets yet have they!?
Having not stepped foot into Sixfields but having stood on the hill ( in protest that the groundshare was needless and steeped in stubbornness and stinking of corruption) making the point that I would support City ANYWHERE in the RIGHT circumstances, I WOULD on this occasion support a mass walk out.

pusbccfc

We are not trying to impress Sky or the police, stop pussy footing about

GGA (get game abandoned)

So you'd risk a banning order etc?

For me I'm desperate, desperate to protest hard, as I have done, but if it involves affecting the team, or getting a banning order (which they hand out with ease these days) I don't see what positivity it brings.

We ruin Skys coverage, that will be it, we'll lose their support.

VegetableSamosa

This thread is probably too long and people have lost interest, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway.

1. Who will actually be watching Coventry vs Sheffield on Sky? Barely anyone. So, what statement will an empty ground make? You need to give people something to look at. There are so many empty grounds in the lower leagues. The positioning of cameras can also make a relatively full stadium look dead. It being empty wont really matter. It can very easily be mistaken for apathy.
2. Getting a report about people on the hill on Sky Sports News and Midlands Today will not sway many people. It'll be the same old protest and it'll be boring, sorry to say.

So, how do we get around this?
The merits of the mass walk out is that Sky will notice that the attendance, which is usually circa 2000, is suddenly bolstered. They'll make a comment on it and say something like "A surprising turn out by Coventry City fans who have been boycotting these games". Make them notice us, as we've been conspicuous in our absense. Then walk out. They've acknowledged we're there and they can't ignore the fact we've left very early. If we leave in an entertaining way, this will capture people's attention. It'll get video clips, it can stand a chance of going viral if we get the video to the right people. Maybe even film it ourselves from several angles.

If you're intent on NOPM and staying on that hill, then you have to give people something to talk about. Banners and stuff wont go far, fireworks, flares etc will. Be loud, intrusive and make sure you can't be ignored. If no one is pointing cameras at you, then point them at yourselves and get those videos out there.

The Guardian does video blogs about sports, Soccer AM will probably have it, get it on youtube and share it far and wide: "Look what these fans are doing."

MichaelCCFC

Haven't been on here all day but see there's been nearly 200 replies to my original post and over 7k views - any chance someone who has been on today could say what the emerging consensus is/preferred way forward?

Grendel

Haven't been on here all day but see there's been nearly 200 replies to my original post and over 7k views - any chance someone who has been on today could say what the emerging consensus is/preferred way forward?

Either go and pay to watch the game or watch it in the pub.

pusbccfc

No one can agree on anything.
Although many want to PAY SISU cash to walk out after 25 minutes.

MichaelCCFC

Either go and pay to watch the game or watch it in the pub.

Grendel, you may be right! Having now read the thread properly it seems to me:

• There is no consensus but the biggest theme is people see the initial plan as too tame and want disruption of varying degrees - that will appeal to part of the fanbase but the prospect of things being thrown onto the pitch, pitch invasions, police getting involved, fireworks going off etc, will deter others (including me!)
  • With the Trust not getting involved, getting decent numbers will be very difficult
  • The mass walkout idea requires thousands of fans to be persuaded to pay to go inside sixfields but there is no evidence on here of that happening (it's definitely the disruption option that seems to be gaining momentum on here)
  • Wasn't watching the match back at the Ricoh suggested previously and was found not to be possible cos of broadcasting restrictions? One of the people proposing this option just needs to make a quick call to ACL to check this out and see if acl would be up for it

The good news is TurkeyTrot is an unsung hero and organisational genius - he was one of the masterminds behind the march and Broadgate rally. I guess there is also a question as to whether the anonymous advocates of disruption will actually do anything on the day, but what I really hope is people will respond to TT's post and back him.

swisstony

I am up for any organised protest but without pissing on anyone's parade,I can see the '.view' from the hill being blocked by the powers that be.
The best protest has to come from inside the ground.7000 people chanting sisu out for 90 minutes cannot be ignored

Hugh Jarse

we have to get the game abandoned anything else will not register anywhere and with anyone.
GGA (get game abandoned)

Have you been out of care long?

What a moronic suggestion but having seen your user name I'm not in the least surprised you suggested it. Grow up will you, ffs!!

pusbccfc

I am up for any organised protest but without pissing on anyone's parade,I can see the '.view' from the hill being blocked by the powers that be.
The best protest has to come from inside the ground.7000 people chanting sisu out for 90 minutes cannot be ignored

Would be near impossible to block it.

bezzer

Are you going to cough up and buy a ticket?

See you there!

From reading this board and knowing the general opinion about SISU and Sixfields you would be luck to get 700 additional people in there let alone 7000.

Ripbuster

The athletics track next to the football pitch is apparently availible to hire. Hire it for the evening and have a ccfc fans match in the centre,everybody could attend that match instead.

Users who are viewing this thread