Transfer Rumour Kasper Larsen (2 Viewers)

mark82

Christ, like talking to 8 year olds on here. Only hear what they want to hear and then twist the argument to fit their narrative without actually countering any of the points made.

Get a sense of humour mate, you're way too up tight about this. It's football, it's supposed to be fun FFS. If you're not enjoying it can I suggest looking for a different hobby?

mark82

Also, 'hive mentality' for fuck sake. If anyone thinks anyone else is talking bollocks they will say so hopefully. And if a fair few people think you are talking bollocks, you probably are.

Exactly. Not sure I've ever noticed a hive mentality. If you talk bollocks you'll get called out for it. I've been on the end of it when I've overreacted to something, occasionally you have to take a look at yourself.

Nick

Administrator
Also, 'hive mentality' for fuck sake. If anyone thinks anyone else is talking bollocks they will say so hopefully. And if a fair few people think you are talking bollocks, you probably are.

He will bite your finger for that

shmmeee

There's definitely small cliques who can't accept any dissenting opinion and start throwing accusations of idiocy or ulterior motives rather than argue their corner and they often include prolific posters so I can see how someone might come to that conclusion.

covcity4life

I get your point totally, I've had the same concerns.

Thing is, now we have brought a striker in, and it looks like another may follow. We need to let it go now and give them a chance. I think this squad is actually really strong. Providing the strikers get going we can really challenge this season.

If you do want to have a moan though, I know just the place... Brexit thread!
you should have let it go a long time ago. Robins was never not going to sign a striker. Panic from fans was silly.

hill83

And to be fair it's all light hearted nonsense anyway isn't it? Over here on the football forum part anyway you massive set of divs.

covcity4life

There's definitely small cliques who can't accept any dissenting opinion and start throwing accusations of idiocy or ulterior motives rather than argue their corner and they often include prolific posters so I can see how someone might come to that conclusion.

but poster names in their cliques please!

this could be fun

i am a NOMAD like in Sons of Anarchy

Nick

Administrator

Could be worse, people could just shout tinhat and conspiracy every time and put their fingers in their ears not believing it could / would happen. ;)

Great_Expectations

At least on paper, it seems a bit of a coup if we pull it off doesn’t it - Dutch Premier League to League One? Granted he didn’t play much last season but he must have had something about him to be scouted. Plus the Danish League is at least compatible to L1 I’d suggest?

The team really is coming together. Bring on Saturday.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

you should have let it go a long time ago. Robins was never not going to sign a striker. Panic from fans was silly.

I think it was warranted though. I'm not moaning now, but it did take a long time. Couple that with the shit we have been served up in the past, one would be forgiven but to think and expect the worst, even though we all know Robins is on another level...

fernandopartridge

Larsen is exactly the kind of player we should be going for.

The Dutch league, and separately the leagues in Sweden and Denmark have some really good hungry players that would kill for a chance to play in England for a good League One side. The standard is not dissimilar and does overlap depending on the teams themselves.

Pull this off and this team is starting to look really decent.

I agree but then remember that right back we signed the other season

Otis

I've maintained from the start that I was unhappy that we hadn't brought a striker in earlier, so yes, I wasn't expecting us to get one in yesterday.

But why did you think we wouldn't bring one in? You were very negative and actually said we would be going into the new season just with JCH and Biamou as our main strikers, despite Robins saying he was on the case and there were still three days to go until the start of the season.

It's all very negative and so many people have picked up on that negativity.

Robins has been excellent at identifying positions that have needed filling.

Come kick off Saturday if we still hadn't brought anyone in, then I could understand a bit of worry, but even then still, the deadline is not until next week and it might have been just one single game without the player(s) we need.

SkyBlueCRJ

Not trying to play devils advocate here but does anyone think that it might be difficult for MR to replace McDonald with a player of decent quality? Larsen seems like a coup, however is he a realistic target given the quality we already have in his position. How can MR realistically promise him sufficient game time when CB is probably our most competitive position?

If I were Robins, I'd make it clear that a starting spot is still up for grabs and it is form, not favouritism that will dictate how much a player will play. Cliche I know but how many of our managers in previous seasons have stuck by players regardless of their form. Fingers crossed this rumour comes off though as he looks to be the player MR thought McDonald to be - an athletic, physical presence who's good on the ball. McDonald was a good player at League Two level, but we desperately need someone more consistent. Saying that, it's always a slight gamble sourcing players from abroad but here's hoping Larsen is better than what we previously had! Wouldn't cost a fee as I believe his contract is up so could be worth the gamble.

AlansEyes

Robbie Keane could have been a decent signing for us back in 1999; unfortunately he was hampered by his lack of a pre season with us.

Also, and I realise this is off topic, but are people seriously moaning and saying 'Who?' on Twitter about us signing Dexter Walters (it's a rhetorical question, I know that they are). What do people want? Haven't we signed 11 players this summer?! And most of those were signed nice and early.

shmmeee

If we do play three at the back we have literally no senior cover ATM, not sure I'd say it's out most competitive position.

Nick

Administrator
Robbie Keane could have been a decent signing for us back in 1999; unfortunately he was hampered by his lack of a pre season with us.

Also, and I realise this is off topic, but are people seriously moaning and saying 'Who?' on Twitter about us signing Dexter Walters (it's a rhetorical question, I know that they are). What do people want? Haven't we signed 11 players this summer?! And most of those were signed nice and early.

Yep, people are moaning.

It's obvious he is going to be a player we can develop, they will then moan if he is decent and gets sold to a team leagues above us after he was instantly branded as shite because he came from Tamworth

SkyBlueCRJ

I personally don't understand the hate as I think this is probably one of the best transfer windows we've had in years.

I was slightly perplexed at Robins' obsession with Chaplin when the clock was ticking but I never doubted he had other options. I'm impressed at the signing of Hiwula on a permanent though as admittedly I was leaning towards the reality that he may be forced to dip into the loan market to find a replacement(s) for McNulty.

What I'm most impressed at is that he's not afraid to dip into the non-league pool. Something that has frustrated me to no end with previous managers. The snobbery associated with non-league is still very much a reality with present day managers, however it's refreshing to see that the likes of Robins are ballsy enough to take a gamble on players such as Walters, Bosma and Williams.

Similarly, as a result of this non-league raid, our U23's look stronger than ever and the future looks bright. This is another thing that has frustrated me to no end with our previous managers. Due to the pressure of getting back to the Championship, budget cuts, and this previously mentioned snobbery, we have failed season after season to build on the future - ultimately putting a huge amount of pressure on our academy lads to bare the weight of potentially becoming the next CCFC star. With young prospects now being sourced from elsewhere, the extra competitiveness in our U23's can only serve to be a good thing for all our young players.

It's amazing how some fans fail to see the bigger picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

lifeskyblue

Got to say recruitment this summer has been pretty good. The squad has been improved in most departments and Robins is adding a lot of pace to the team (one area we were deficient last season). He seems to have created a lot of options if we need to change systems during a game and there is competition all over the pitch. Could be an exciting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I personally don't understand the hate as I think this is probably one of the best transfer windows we've had in years.

I was slightly perplexed at Robins' obsession with Chaplin when the clock was ticking but I never doubted he had other options. I'm impressed at the signing of Hiwula on a permanent though as admittedly I was leaning towards the reality that he may be forced to dip into the loan market to find a replacement(s) for McNulty.

What I'm most impressed at is that he's not afraid to dip into the non-league pool. Something that has frustrated me to no end with previous managers. The snobbery associated with non-league is still very much a reality with present day managers, however it's refreshing to see that the likes of Robins are ballsy enough to take a gamble on players such as Walters, Bosma and Williams.

Similarly, as a result of this non-league raid, our U23's look stronger than ever and the future looks bright. This is another thing that has frustrated me to no end with our previous managers. Due to the pressure of getting back to the Championship, budget cuts, and this previously mentioned snobbery, we have failed season after season to build on the future - ultimately putting a huge amount of pressure on our academy lads to bare the weight of potentially becoming the next CCFC star. With young prospects now being sourced from elsewhere, the extra competitiveness in our U23's can only serve to be a good thing for all our young players.

It's amazing how some fans fail to see the bigger pciture.
Agree. A lot of credit to Robins and I hope fans stick with him even if we have a difficult season as it's obvious he's building the club.

ajsccfc

I don't get people who for some reason expect famous names. Going back over the past few seasons the players we signed that I'd heard of before (not including players returning) included Ramage, Yakubu, Henderson, Hunt and Fortune. Give me players who don't qualify for their own Wikipedia page yet any day of the week

GaryJones

It's amazing how some fans fail to see the bigger pciture.
Agree with this post - so far this window has been outstanding for us and we have not finished yet!
I cannot think of 6 teams in this league that are going to walk away with the top 6 places. - We have a chance.

SkyBlueCRJ

Agree with this post - so far this window has been outstanding for us and we have not finished yet!
I cannot think of 6 teams in this league that are going to walk away with the top places. - We have a chance.

I personally don't think we'll get promoted as there are better teams with better squads in the league. But then again, sometimes it's not about having the best squad but the best team chemistry - added in with a bit of quality of course.

I certainly expect us to secure a top half finish though as the amount of teams that have poorer teams is apparent.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
ah the beauty of online footie forums, moaning wont change anything least were active in the transfer market lets see what MR does and be positive season is back tomorrow yay!

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread