Kasey Palmer (1 Viewer)

wingy

Seems like international break playing a full90 did for him.

Hobo

While you say that, he goes flying into tackles and gets stuck in much more than most.

Compare it to the other night when their player squared up to Kitching and the rest of the players shit themselves and stood there.

He doesn't run around wastefully. But puts it in when it is realistic. He forces a lot of errors and stands up for himself and doesn't take shit from the opposition.

Too many fans bought into the lazy tag before they even saw him play.

He needs to find more consistency. I would like to see him and O'Hare have a run of games together with Hadji Wright as the lone striker. It will either turn into a goal fest or a shitload of missed chances. But either is better than the laboured build up looking for the no risk perfect pass of late.

harvey098

He doesn't run around wastefully. But puts it in when it is realistic. He forces a lot of errors and stands up for himself and doesn't take shit from the opposition.

Too many fans bought into the lazy tag before they even saw him play.

He needs to find more consistency. I would like to see him and O'Hare have a run of games together with Hadji Wright as the lone striker. It will either turn into a goal fest or a shitload of missed chances. But either is better than the laboured build up looking for the no risk perfect pass of late.
Agree with every word of this

Hobo

Not a complete waste, I actually like him a lot, just believe he doesn’t last a full 90 and is injury prone.

I don't get this 90 minute obsession? With some players I think it is better for them to go out and give us a full on 60-70 minutes rather than trying to conserve themselves through 90 minutes.

Fans need to realize, this isn't the 1970's with one sub. What is wrong with subs coming on and getting a good 20-30 minute run out? Better for them and the team surely?

SBT

I don't get this 90 minute obsession? With some players I think it is better for them to go out and give us a full on 60-70 minutes rather than trying to conserve themselves through 90 minutes.

Fans need to realize, this isn't the 1970's with one sub. What is wrong with subs coming on and getting a good 20-30 minute run out? Better for them and the team surely?
It’s a huge waste, no team can accommodate a player who can only operate at 70-80% capacity. We certainly didn’t have a squad big enough to accommodate such a luxury last season and we still don’t.

Terry_dactyl

I like Palmer. But he will only ever be a bit player here. I would like to see him from off the bench, because he can offer something a bit different

I think he's too much of a luxury player for him to be starting every week.
Yeah, I’ve started thinking of him in these terms. It’s a shame.
If we can afford to keep him as an impact player then great.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree. Though you obviously don't want too many players of that ilk, if you've got a player capable of being a game changer but can only lat 60-70 mins then that's worth having. If it's a defensive midfielder not so much.

stupot07

The “Palmer is lazy” meme is ironically one of the laziest opinions on here.
It's not that he's lazy, he will happily run 50 yards to chase down a ball to the keeper, but it's when the ball goes beyond him and we need him to get back behind the ball or track a runner, he just doesn't do. His movement off the ball is also pretty poor.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hobo

It's not that he's lazy, he will happily run 50 yards to chase down a ball to the keeper, but it's when the ball goes beyond him and we need him to get back behind the ball or track a runner, he just doesn't do. His movement off the ball is also pretty poor.

A bit like Cyril Regis then? It took a while for me and the fans to realize his strengths over his weaknesses

stupot07

A bit like Cyril Regis then? It took a while for me and the fans to realize his strengths over his weaknesses
no nothing like Cyril Regis, They play in different positions. Playing behind 2 strikers, the attacking midfielder / no. 10 in our 3412 formation has to do that work off the ball otherwise your 2 in midfield get over run.

shmmeee

no nothing like Cyril Regis, They play in different positions. Playing behind 2 strikers, the attacking midfielder / no. 10 in our 3412 formation has to do that work off the ball otherwise your 2 in midfield get over run.

He plays more as a second striker than a number 10

shmmeee

I think he’s more versatile than that. Regis was a forward …. Palmer can play as a 10 or as part of 2 attacking midfielders …. His defensive play is too poor for him to be an 8 or further back.

He can play all over but for us he plays higher up off the main striker generally.

slowpoke

I’m hoping he has sorted that long standing injury out which I think he came with, it’s in him to be some player just needs consistency throughout the game, bit like a new signing.

skyblu3sk

Never thought I'd say it, but he seems to be an important part of the group. Let's hope he stays fit and carries on improving.

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Hertsccfc

I’m hoping he has sorted that long standing injury out which I think he came with, it’s in him to be some player just needs consistency throughout the game, bit like a new signing.
He's one of our most talented players but the injury record is the issue. Also needs sometimes just to play the easy ball rather than the spectacular. But in terms of ability he is well ahead of most of the rest of the squad.

rob9872

He's always been quality imo. People say he's made of glass with the amount of injuries and largely they're right, but that's also why he both went for £3m to Bristol and why we got him free. With no outlay, his wages for half a season are good value.

Sick Boy

He's one of our most talented players but the injury record is the issue. Also needs sometimes just to play the easy ball rather than the spectacular. But in terms of ability he is well ahead of most of the rest of the squad.
Really? CoH is far superior.

Users who are viewing this thread