Karl Robinson lays into team (1 Viewer)

Otis

MK Dons boss Karl Robinson threatens changes

MK Dons boss Karl Robinson has told his players to improve or face leaving the club in January following Boxing Day's 4-2 home defeat by Walsall.

Robinson saw his promotion-chasing side drop to sixth in League One, five points off second-placed Tranmere.

And he told BBC Three Counties Radio the performance was unacceptable.
"If players want to neglect the shirt like that, they'll find themselves very quickly out of the team and out of the football club," he said.

"It was shambolic defending. The defending in the first half was as bad as any in the two years I've been here.

"We were dropping too deep. We were talking about the distance between the defenders and our two midfield players and there was almost 30 yards at stages.
"And then to back off and let them turn and shoot in your box - it's kamikaze stuff really.

They've got to put that right very quickly.

"I don't accept it. I won't accept it either."

Striker Patrick Bamford limped off with a hamstring injury late on in the game to add to Robinson's injury concerns.

Forward Luke Chadwick is out for two months with knee damage, while midfielder Stephen Gleeson's expected 10-week absence with a broken foot saw a reshuffle in the Dons line-up.

When asked about the performance of winger Angelo Balanta, Robinson replied: "You can pick on Angelo, but I thought there were other players worse than him who didn't deserve to wear the shirt. And they won't if they continue.

"To lose Patrick is a big loss to us. With Jon Otsemobor, Gary MacKenzie, Stephen Gleeson and Luke Chadwick out, people will say you can't use that as an excuse.
"But I'm sure when you look at the Premier League if Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney were out of the Manchester United side they would be depleted.
"But there are certain players that need to stand up and be counted, and if they can't do that I will need to make changes in January.

"They've had a bad day, so you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. They need to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Expect a backlash on Saturday. We really need to be on our mettle and up for the fight. You can be bound sure that MK will come flying out of the blocks at us and we need to be up for it from the very first whistle.

City are renowned for failing in big games with a big following behind them. We have to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Massive match Saturday. Win that and .... well who knows. :eek:

mattylad

or they could just fall to pieces under the pressure and expectations now upon them, they go into the game as favourites after all

Otis

City have this habit of not turning up for these games though and if their manager has said they will be gone in January if they play like that again, you have to think that there will be a reaction from them.

kdrinkell

City have this habit of not turning up for these games though and if their manager has said they will be gone in January if they play like that again, you have to think that there will be a reaction from them.

All will be good Otis,I understand the city fan inside of us all being negative but I reckon this will be a good win,may throw some money on us as well :D

Marty

The pressure is on them to win, I think it'll be a score draw which I would put down as a decent result. :pimp:

PVA

Walsall were absolutely dreadful at the Ricoh and I find it hard to believe they could beat anyone 4-2 away.

With our away form, 7/2 looks ridiculously long odds.

Bacchus

This will have an effect. After last we played you and then Crawley Town, Charlie MacDonald apparently got an almighty b*llocking off Robinson and has gone from being first-choice striker to not starting a league game since. He isn't a manager you'd want to get on the wrong side of and I think the example he made of MacDonald over failures upfront showed players will do better on Saturday so I expect a response, especially from our defence - Doumbe will be dropped, Williams probably back in it and Otsemobor back if fit which will make scoring harder for you than Walsall had it. But I don't think it'll translate to a win - at best we'll draw. I still feel you'll probably win this 1-2 or 1-3.

Otis

Saw the goals on SSN of the MK Walsall match and the goals were school boy defending at best.

Bacchus

Saw the goals on SSN of the MK Walsall match and the goals were school boy defending at best.

If Robinson's dressing down of MacDonald was anything looking at them, you can bet the players responsible there won't be starting and the defence won't be making any silly errors like they did in the first, third and fourth goals.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Both teams have key players missing, if Dons were at full strength with no injuries I would fancy them to win. With the injuries they have it could give us a chance, it really depends on who Robins chooses to replace Bailey and Mcgoldrick. It is a big selection and he must get it right

Brighton Sky Blue

This will have an effect. After last we played you and then Crawley Town, Charlie MacDonald apparently got an almighty b*llocking off Robinson and has gone from being first-choice striker to not starting a league game since. He isn't a manager you'd want to get on the wrong side of and I think the example he made of MacDonald over failures upfront showed players will do better on Saturday so I expect a response, especially from our defence - Doumbe will be dropped, Williams probably back in it and Otsemobor back if fit which will make scoring harder for you than Walsall had it. But I don't think it'll translate to a win - at best we'll draw. I still feel you'll probably win this 1-2 or 1-3.

You couldn't take our own McDonald off our hands could you? Can often be found in the fast food establishment bearing his name.

Otis

Both teams have key players missing, if Dons were at full strength with no injuries I would fancy them to win. With the injuries they have it could give us a chance, it really depends on who Robins chooses to replace Bailey and Mcgoldrick. It is a big selection and he must get it right

Hoping it will be Leon Clarke.

Just a mere slip of a pen stroke on the team sheet and MR can put him down as Jordan rather than Leon. Innocent mistake.

No-one will notice. Until he bags a hat-trick anyway. That might flag up one or two concerns perhaps.

Walsall were absolutely dreadful at the Ricoh and I find it hard to believe they could beat anyone 4-2 away.

With our away form, 7/2 looks ridiculously long odds.

I got 4/1 on Paddy Power and just in case took the draw as well at 3.4/1. Don't even want to think about the other possibility.

covcity4life

Otis plz stop droaning on, even if we lose its not the end

A part of me fears you can't wait till we do lose one

Nick

Administrator
He is posting stuff related to our next game? I hope they all go on strike and refuse to listen to him!

wingy

Wouldn't buy, would swap though ;)

got a feeling we may be able to recover some of our outlay by him going back to where he started.

dagenham + Redbridge have just had a nice little windfall selling that young Gayle lad to Posh.:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread