Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition (1 Viewer)

blackpoolfan

Hi All,

Any assistance that you can give in supporting our petition would be greatly appreciated. You may already have heard, but our club chairman Karl Oyston has been in the press this week for insulting a fan by text. The press has focused on the use of language which could be considered offensive including use of the term "Retard" and the comment "Enjoy your special needs day out", which have been widely condemned, due to the offence it may cause to the disabled, their families and indeed decent society. Football is supposed to be inclusive and clearly the use of such language cannot be tolerated.

However Oyston has not only insulted those with disabilities, he also appears to believe that normal everyday working people are also somehow beneath him and in doing so has widely insulted football fans across the country.

Here is one example of a text sent to a Blackpool fan by Karl Oyston...

"So let me get this straight, you think that despite knowing and being friendly with other chairman in the FL and PL, venture capitalists, bankers, entrepeneurs, very successful businessmen, government ministers, MP's and a whole host of notable worthies, that I should single out a fat flaccid painter and decorator/consultant whose crowning achievment is taking his poor family on holiday to Orlando for three torturous weeks a year? really? I suggest you slip discreetly back into whatever foul pond you emerged from. Crack on as I am enjoying myself. you are on toast and are too simple to realise it. In fact you have cheered me up no end and made me realise I am right to completely ignore the influential fans so cheers." Karl Oyston.

Karl Oyston is, as you may be aware, also on the Football League Board and therefore has an influential role in the decisions that may affect your football club. We firmly believe there is no place in football for anyone with such a dismissive attitude towards us, the fans.

Blackpool Fans also believe that Oyston should be removed from his position on the Football League board.

Link:

https://www.change.org/p/karl-oyston-resign-as-chairman-of-blackpool-football-club?just_created=true

Thanks,

Blackpool Fan

jabharty

Done. Awful to see what he's done to your club, as well as the fans. Good luck getting some owners that give a damn, I'd love to know what that's like!

SkyBlue_Bear83

What did the guy say to oyston out of interest?

Oyston claims fans had been threatening/insulting his family after his phone number was posted on the internet, the fan who received the special needs text/retard text claimed he had never mentioned his family but can't speak for all fans who contacted Oyston.

skybluepm2

Done. This guy is an example of all that is wrong with poor club management/ownership in the current era. He will drag you down to a level on a par with us within a couple of seasons which is a real shame for a proper football club such as Blackpool.

Just a thought, should we perhaps start doing something similar for Fisher? There must be over a hundred reasons which make his position untenable? He is hated by the majority and the amount of signatures would go through the roof. It may not attain the desired affect but at least it would make the fat twat squirm a bit :)

Nick

Administrator
Oyston claims fans had been threatening/insulting his family after his phone number was posted on the internet, the fan who received the special needs text/retard text claimed he had never mentioned his family but can't speak for all fans who contacted Oyston.
Have the fans put up screenshots now?

Ian1779

Funny how people never give a shit when they are ploughing money in. Maybe he should ask for his money back and then leave quietly.

pusbccfc

Signed and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread