Kane's positioning vs Millwall (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

It might just have been toward the end of the second half, but Kane was playing really really deep. More like a RB than RWB. It was really clear comparing one side to the other. Maatsen was over the half way line and Kane was sitting in our half. Instructions? New to the system? Maatsen out of position? Any one else notice?

Last edited:

slowpoke

Totally different type of fullback to Dabo and was obviously playing deeper than Dabo probably told to.
Thought he was okay without being spectacular,

covcity4life

It must have been an instruction

I think it was in injury time where hamer wanted him to be at the byline 2 or 3 times and had to keep turning back and trying something else

Nick

Administrator
It might just have been toward the end of the second half, but Kane was playing really really deep. More like a LB than LWB. It was really clear comparing one side to the other. Maatsen was over the half way line and Kane was sitting in our half. Instructions? New to the system? Maatsen out of position? Any one else notice?
Didn't he play on the right?

PVA

I wondered if it was either an instruction or more likely to conserve energy.

There was a couple of times in the second half where someone had the ball and looked out right for Kane and he was nowhere to be seen.

Put in a great cross for O'Hare and missed a decent chance to score in the first half, but other than that was quiet offensively. Did ok defensively.

eastwoodsdustman

They matched us up in midfield and blocked us out so it left the centre backs free. It looked like they might have been told to push on with the ball a bit more to try and break millwalls shape. He was probably told to sit and cover the run.

Garryb80

Kane will suffer just by not being Dabo. Whatever he does he will be compared to Dabo. If anything he needs to stay more defensive as Maatsen is constantly out of position and we would be exposed a lot.

CDK

Kane will suffer just by not being Dabo. Whatever he does he will be compared to Dabo. If anything he needs to stay more defensive as Maatsen is constantly out of position and we would be exposed a lot.
Anyone would do well to get near dabo level think Kane will be great cover not only for dabo but the left side as well,decosta will join Wesley and hillsner in the bomb squad I think.

Londonccfcfan

It might just have been toward the end of the second half, but Kane was playing really really deep. More like a RB than RWB. It was really clear comparing one side to the other. Maatsen was over the half way line and Kane was sitting in our half. Instructions? New to the system? Maatsen out of position? Any one else notice?

I really worry about Maatsen. We got out of jail for their disallowed goal.

JCS had Smith in front of him. Bradshaw behind him. Maatsen was just left watching Bradshaw glide past him leaving JCS with 2.

Also was so noticeable how their keeper targeted the left side for their long kick knowing literally anyone was gonna win it against him.

I think he's ok going forward.nothing special at all...I think this is still an area we need to improve if we can in January. If nothing else to provide cover.

Tommo1993

I really worry about Maatsen. We got out of jail for their disallowed goal.

JCS had Smith in front of him. Bradshaw behind him. Maatsen was just left watching Bradshaw glide past him leaving JCS with 2.

Also was so noticeable how their keeper targeted the left side for their long kick knowing literally anyone was gonna win it against him.

I think he's ok going forward.nothing special at all...I think this is still an area we need to improve if we can in January. If nothing else to provide cover.

Grew a bit in the second half, looked scared in the first.

Frostie

Anyone would do well to get near dabo level think Kane will be great cover not only for dabo but the left side as well,decosta will join Wesley and hillsner in the bomb squad I think.

What people forget is Dabo wasn't the Dabo of now for his first few weeks/months either. Getting used to a new team & system takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread