Kaine Kesler (1 Viewer)

Malaka

Apparently on his way to us on loan

Bugsy

1621237408194.png

who this guy

Gibbo

A loan for a position where we have a strong 1st choice is just stupid. It is a waste. See Ryan Giles. We have up to 5 loans allowed and need to get them dead right in the positions we need them. Last year Osti, James and SamMac weere vital and Gyokeres was useful.

Unless of course Robins knows something we don't about Dabo.

Happy_Martian

Does he smile when he plays ? ;) If not, it's a no from me :p

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t think it will matter about DaCosta as Burroughs will be ahead of him.

Esoterica

More than anything, I'd be shocked if we were finalising loans before we moved players in and out on permanent deals. A polite enquiry to be kept informed if they were looking to loan him out next season at most.

better days

Can’t see us signing an eighteen year old rookie on loan for a position covered by Dabo and DaCosta but you never know.
Trent AA broke into the Liverpool side at the same age
If he's rapid and good going forward it could be a good fit
Dabo needs time to properly recover
Burroughs will feature in preseason to be assessed
I think what others have said about DaCosta is probably right
He hasn't been great

slowpoke

I agree if we sign better players whether it’s full back or forward we should. Is this Kesler just a full back/defender though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He was injured (ankle).

I thought that was the reason given for the Millwall game? The Huddersfield one he just seemed to be missing from the squad. My understanding was that he rolled his ankle in training after Huddersfield but before Millwall.

Either way, his injury record this season has been appalling.

JulianDarbyFTW

I quite like Da Costa. I mean, he hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination, but I really think there's a player in there somewhere. Whether that's a player good enough for the Championship is debatable.

And as others have said, we have Burroughs and Eccles who've both got the potential to cover for Dabo if he gets injured, so it doesn't feel like the most pressing gap in the squad to fill (assuming both can consistently step up to the level).

Cityandproud87

Trent AA broke into the Liverpool side at the same age
If he's rapid and good going forward it could be a good fit
Dabo needs time to properly recover
Burroughs will feature in preseason to be assessed
I think what others have said about DaCosta is probably right
He hasn't been great
Can you see Da Costa going?

Terry_dactyl

I quite like Da Costa. I mean, he hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination, but I really think there's a player in there somewhere. Whether that's a player good enough for the Championship is debatable.

And as others have said, we have Burroughs and Eccles who've both got the potential to cover for Dabo if he gets injured, so it doesn't feel like the most pressing gap in the squad to fill (assuming both can consistently step up to the level).
He certainly looked more assured after that awful game he had...against QPR? Seemed like he was given some strict instructions about defending.
I think it’s fair to say he looks better going forward.

AFCCOVENTRY

giphy.gif

blunted

Anyone know his contract situation? On a long deal or just one year. A player just too good to miss or a false rumour?

Frostie

He certainly looked more assured after that awful game he had...against QPR? Seemed like he was given some strict instructions about defending.
I think it’s fair to say he looks better going forward.

I think there's a player in there for sure but he needs some serious coaching to get him to where we need him to be.

Cov kid 55

Is he worth the effort? Not only is he erratic and appears to have limited defensive abilities, he’s also injury prone. Think we need to be upgrading Dabo’s cover.

Frostie

Anyone know his contract situation? On a long deal or just one year. A player just too good to miss or a false rumour?

Signed his first pro deal last summer & is one of Villa's top prospects. Captains their U23s at 18yrs old & was in England U19 squad.
No chance of a permanent if that's what you were hoping!

shmmeee

Maybe harsh because of injuries but Dabo didn’t blow me away when he played last season, if this kid is better bring him in even if it would probably be at the bottom of the list for positions we need to strengthen.

Users who are viewing this thread