JW Sending Off (1 Viewer)

1966skyblue

Although sending off was a very poor decision the biggest worry for me was the lack of passion from the players and the way they just accepted the decision. Now, I don't condone dissent but there needs to be much more support for a team mate. Willis just walked off, no one argued, their player rolled around on the floor and got up after JW was sent off. A little bit more of a reaction and then perhaps their player would have gone as well after a similar tackle on Haynes 5 minutes later. Same problem when Stevenson was sent off a few weeks ago. Wouldn't see this this passive response from Man United .

Nick

Administrator
I don't see how pro players don't have it built into them, you would think they would be bred competitive whether it's cards on the bus or cup final.

Go and watch Sunday league, they aren't being paid but people would run through a wall to win a 50/50.

ccfc92

I don't see how pro players don't have it built into them, you would think they would be bred competitive whether it's cards on the bus or cup final.

Maybe that's why you get better pros than others?

I played with some very good players, but they had no desire to roll up their sleeves and compete. They'd just moan if they were getting pushed off the ball.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe that's why you get better pros than others?

I played with some very good players, but they had no desire to roll up their sleeves and compete. They'd just moan if they were getting pushed off the ball.

They were the easiest to play against. Just turn it into a fight, tell them they are shit and stand on their feet, tell them next ball in the air you are going to elbow them in the face and they don't want to know.

It's the players who are good and will elbow you first that you don't want!

Age is nothing to do with it either, I've seen kids at school playing against men and flying in with tackles and getting stuck in.

I don't know if it's just how it is nowadays that they would rather be able to do tricks and step overs and wear a head band.

Watched Sunday league not so long ago and even that seemed different, teams are making announcements of signings on social media like its premier league. Most of the younger players don't want to know, it used to be that when a bad tackle goes in the whole team or even a couple of the older heads are straight in there. Now they just stood and took it, not even any abuse.

Colin Steins Smile

The club has no stability, too many changes in players and management leading to a feeling of decay hanging around the club. No wonder the players get affected.

clint van damme

Although sending off was a very poor decision the biggest worry for me was the lack of passion from the players and the way they just accepted the decision. Now, I don't condone dissent but there needs to be much more support for a team mate. Willis just walked off, no one argued, their player rolled around on the floor and got up after JW was sent off. A little bit more of a reaction and then perhaps their player would have gone as well after a similar tackle on Haynes 5 minutes later. Same problem when Stevenson was sent off a few weeks ago. Wouldn't see this this passive response from Man United .

I find this really strange in lower league players. Most of them won't have the received the riches of premier league or even higher standard Championship players and most of them are on short term contracts.
How many of them are going to get picked up by other clubs if we go down. They should be playing for their future livelihoods if nothing else.

Senior Vick from Alicante

If you have no men as leaders you will get no buy in to a culture that promotes winning. As a club we have not had a leader on the pitch for years. If you had a spine of men that lead and put a foot in and push others then you have a team. We are at best a vehicle for teams higher in the league structure to blood their youngsters whilst our own future is auctioned off to appease the balance sheet. We are no longer a club just a bastardised version of an academy side.

better days

To be honest as soon as JW jumped into the tackle I said to my mate 'that could be a red'
He did look out of control and seemed to have his studs up
Like the ref I only got one look at it and the opponent screaming like a toddler who'd fallen off a wall helped make up his mind
I was surprised at how easily we caved in even though we only had 10 for most of the match

Users who are viewing this thread