Just passing on some intel :) (4 Viewers)

win9nut

Has Robins really shown all that ?! Still sceptical, we were 5 points off mid table. Awaits abuse once more.........
I reckon so.
Most of us were realistically expecting a midtable finish, 10th would have been a good achievement, so to still be in the playoff race with a few games to go was certainly postive I thought.
So if SISU were to back him financially, I think he will take us back to the championship.
Whether it's as champions or via playoffs depends on the value of the backing, and whether we are able to sell season tickets anytime soon...

skyblue025

They are having a training camp in an Army Barracks near Aldershot. It's already booked. I know because I work there.

chiefdave

With Chelsea having the transfer embargo re-affirmed, then I think the really big money, £50/60m might now be down to £25/30m if we are now talking about Everton.
Chelsea will appeal which almost certainly means the ban won't be in effect this summer as it will be put on hold while the appeal takes place.

kg82

chiefdave

Done and dusted. Announced yesterday I think.
Chelsea statement | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club
'Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the FIFA Appeal Committee. It acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).'
From what I can make out every similar case that's been referred to CAS has been stayed so Chelsea will be OK to sign players over the summer as there's no way the appeal will be completed that quickly.

colin101

Has the man who achieved our only promotion in my lifetime shown he’s capable of getting promotion?

Has the man who achieved our highest ever L1 finish first season up shown he’s worth backing in L1?

Agree, it’s a tough one.
We finished higher when we came up from the old Division 4 in 58/59 season. We finished 2nd in Division 4 and 5th in Division 3 59/60 season. But agree we need to back Robins or we could lose him

Grendel

Has the man who achieved our only promotion in my lifetime shown he’s capable of getting promotion?

Has the man who achieved our highest ever L1 finish first season up shown he’s worth backing in L1?

Agree, it’s a tough one.

Equal highest league 1 finish

Reactions: TTG

Great_Expectations

I appreciate this is the second rumour I’ve commented on in two days, but I’ve heard the same as the OP. Unfortunately I have no names though.

covcity4life

joy did meet mark herself. maybe she did say ok lets go back to spending on the club but this time only cos we trust you to get right players in.

could sell us in championship or even see if robins can take us back to prem

shmmeee

We finished higher when we came up from the old Division 4 in 58/59 season. We finished 2nd in Division 4 and 5th in Division 3 59/60 season. But agree we need to back Robins or we could lose him

I don’t think D3/4 in the 50s is comparable to L1 in 2019, but I take your point.

SkyBlueDom26

joy did meet mark herself. maybe she did say ok lets go back to spending on the club but this time only cos we trust you to get right players in.

could sell us in championship or even see if robins can take us back to prem
That's what im thinking, robins knows he will have the tools to get us up to the champ next season

Gazolba

It's doubtful SISU would make the decision to 'go for it' when they haven't even decided where we'll be playing.
They've also said the club must be self-supporting so I can't see them investing in the team unless we get a windfall of income.

torchomatic

They are having a training camp in an Army Barracks near Aldershot. It's already booked. I know because I work there.

Is that where Bobby Gould fucked up Lee Hurst's career?

torchomatic

skyblue025

No it was definitely down South. Hampshire somewhere.
Ok take your word for it. Don't think it's the same place as Coventry have never been here before. Perm refs had their pre-season there about 10 years ago and England Women's egg chasers were there last year but no CCFC before.

covcity4life

Fact they mentioned hurdles in statement is a bad thing imo. Theres no benefit to saying it publically othet thsn being rdy to say blsme them not us

Which may well be true but doesnt seem to tie in with insider leaks of very positive talks

Users who are viewing this thread