Just listened to the after match (2 Viewers)

Otis

Chesterfield who finished 6th had 51 points after 36 games. That means they earned 18 points out of ther last 10 games.

Obviously 69 points has been the lowest ever total for a 6th place team and it is usally around the 71-74 point mark.

GaryJones

Got an awful feeling we will end up where we are right now - an agonising 7th!

Gazolba

The top 2 dream is well and truly over. I think we need to win or draw every game. And that's just to make the play-offs. We can't afford any more losses. The teams all around us are coming up like wildfire. Any more slip-ups and we could well end up mid-table. Unfortunately, we have some ultra tough games coming up so I'm doubtful we can do it.

Gazolba

Never got the MAF loathing. To me he hasn't set the world alight, but at the same time really hasn't been that bad and nowhere near the level of rubbish people have been staying he is.

I think people criticized Mowbray more than MAF because we thought there were better options on the bench e.g. Tugday or lately Henderson. And lets face it he hasn't done much up till the last two games. But I'm glad he's come good at the right time. Probably looking to get a good contract next season.

dongonzalos

I seem to remember grendel facing the usual barage of abuse for predicting that Wigan would have a good season.

In terms of our league that would be the equivalent of someone saying Man City will have a good season.
Did he really get flack for stating such an obvious thing?

dongonzalos

We are 3 points off 6th
So either Bradford have to win 5 out of their last ten.
Or somebody around us has to win 6 or more of their last ten. To clinch that spot.
I still see us and Bradford in the final at Wembley.
I was called crazy when I first said, but I am sticking to it

singers_pore

Eakin's an idiot. Last week he was saying that we could still make the automatics and he was berating any fans who expressed concerns about our form.

Paxman II

A lot of confidence came back today. As they walked off they were back slapping and smiling with a big yes on their lips. Kinda said to me they wanted it today and feel they can go and get back to full winning ways.

Specs WT-R75

I am going to guess about 72/3 points for playoffs. At end of the day we play Bradford, Millwall, Gillingham so we have the games to also affect that required total points... it's not going to be easy, but if we do make it now then we will be one of the form teams coming into the play offs...

Alas I think we will look back at 3 of the last 4 defeats as the games that let it all slip away :(

Bob Latchford

Eakin's an idiot. Last week he was saying that we could still make the automatics and he was berating any fans who expressed concerns about our form.

I doubt many will disagree with you .

rupert_bear

Win our home games and we will do the play offs remember they include Millwall, Bradford and Sheffield United. But I also think we need to bring atleast one more player in and not a bench warmer but one who comes straight in and improves the first eleven.

Over to you Mr Anderson and sisu.

clint van damme

Win our home games and we will do the play offs remember they include Millwall, Bradford and Sheffield United. But I also think we need to bring atleast one more player in and not a bench warmer but one who comes straight in and improves the first eleven.

We need something because Ive seen nothing for weeks that suggests we can get a string of decent results against the teams around us.

stupot07

Where you going to get one of those then which isn't an academy player, which on another thread you said we can't keep playing with 3 youngsters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Bob Latchford

covcity4life

Still waiting for Walsall and Gillingham to do the same....

Are you kidding me?

They have fallen away from top 2 ans in battle to stay top 6. Also sacked their 2nd manager due to poor form

Sometimes you have to admit you were wron. This is perfect example of why some of us were happy dean smith got sacked

And Burton have also had worse form with their new mnager. Just noone behind them has been consistent enough to take advantage

You know I am right. Why can't you admit it?

covcity4life

1. No I didn't. I said "almost certainly" get recalled, never said definitely, and not said immediately. And actually that was before it was announced it was Rafa, if it had been a Harry rednapp or a Moyes, etc, I think he would have been recalled within the first couple of weeks, but Rafa hardly ever plays kids so I don't think he will be recalled now.

2. Pretty much the whole fanbase has called MAF shit this season.

So, nothing to see here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Almost certainly lol . So not only were you wrong now you are trying to hide behind the wording.

Here's a tip and next time don't make big statements Judy for the sake of being negative.

And I never said maf was shit. I think only the chavs hated on him and murphy

Walsall in 4th place (chose them because they are on the same points as Gillingham, but have a game in hand) are 9 points behind Burton on 62.

For them to get to 83 that is 21 points. 7 wins from 11 matches, or 6 wins and 3 draws. Really cannot see them achieving that.

There's a much better chance we will now we've sacked O'Dismal. He poisoned our club from top to bottom. In a short space of time. The board acted, got rid and the players responded accordingly.

We'd been consistent all season until O'Dismal tried to change things that weren't broken, upsetting people along the way, which reflected in our only run all season of games without wins.

We've also actually got our strongest team all season now we have two extra midfielders on loan from Bournemouth and Middlesbrough, and Hiwula from Wigan. None of whom started under SoD.

Long way to go, but we've got as good a chance as we've had for weeks now.

Otis

There's a much better chance we will now we've sacked O'Dismal. He poisoned our club from top to bottom. In a short space of time. The board acted, got rid and the players responded accordingly.

We'd been consistent all season until O'Dismal tried to change things that weren't broken, upsetting people along the way, which reflected in our only run all season of games without wins.

We've also actually got our strongest team all season now we have two extra midfielders on loan from Bournemouth and Middlesbrough, and Hiwula from Wigan. None of whom started under SoD.

I still think you have a reasonable chance of automatic promotion, but think you may not catch Burton. They have been wobbling, but are still top and 9 points clear of 3rd place. That's some to catch up.

Burton's next 4 games.

Sat 19 Mar 2016 - League One
  • Port Vale v Burton 15:00
Sat 26 Mar 2016 - League One
  • Burton v Oldham 12:30
Mon 28 Mar 2016 - League One
  • Millwall v Burton 19:45
Sat 2 Apr 2016 - League One
  • Burton v Bury 15:00

You would have to think they will get a decent return from that sequence.

I still think you have a reasonable chance of automatic promotion, but think you may not catch Burton. They have been wobbling, but are still top and 9 points clear of 3rd place. That's some to catch up.

Burton's next 4 games.

Sat 19 Mar 2016 - League One
  • Port Vale v Burton 15:00
Sat 26 Mar 2016 - League One
  • Burton v Oldham 12:30
Mon 28 Mar 2016 - League One
  • Millwall v Burton 19:45
Sat 2 Apr 2016 - League One
  • Burton v Bury 15:00

You would have to think they will get a decent return from that sequence.
Burton have been consistent all season.

Wigan aren't infallible though, despite their strength in depth. Poor, yet lucky result for them yesterday.

It's all about us now O'driscoll has gone. With confidence back, and clearly lifted players, they're capable of winning 7/8 of our remaining games. Whether we do remains to be seen. I wouldn't fancy us in the play offs against anyone though, to be honest.

covcity4life

This frok a walls all fan!

Yet some of our fans still don't thibk losing ya manager changes a thing lmao

covcity4life

BUMP

can we get a reply from the posters who couldnt see point in cov fans wanting walsall to lose dean smith?

dont hide guys

Otis

Be careful what you wish for, he may be sacked by Brentford and be back in the Walsall seat sooner than you think! ;)

covcity4life

thats not point though otis.

some fans had a go at other fans who were happy that JFH and DS left their respective jobs. and then a few pages abck they even seemed to act like they were right

the walsall fans post and their form proves that the manager change hurt them. and once that has been pointed out people have stopped posting lol

i dont understand people who make big claims but then cannot simply say "fairplay i got that one wrong"

CCFC88

There is no reason why we cant take 9 from the next 3 games, but we should take 7 at least,

Swindon, will have a big following and appear to be on a good run however in that run 3 of their wins have come aginst teams they should have beaten, bottom 5 teams, every good run has to come to an end and we know better than most that this usually happens when you take your biggest away following of the season.

Peterborough, 4 points from their last 10 games, Aston Villa form and have seemingly given up this season, a similar performance to Saturday would see us win there.

Colchester, bottom of the league, appear to be putting up a fight but we should have enough to beat them.

Taking us into Gills and Wigan (a) when they will have all sorts of pressure on their shoulders, probably with just 1 automatic place up for grabs I think both would settle for a draw against us.

If we have 66 points going into the final 5 games a win against either Bradford or Millwall at home would put is in a playoff position driving seat. PUSB!!

Otis

thats not point though otis.

some fans had a go at other fans who were happy that JFH and DS left their respective jobs. and then a few pages abck they even seemed to act like they were right

the walsall fans post and their form proves that the manager change hurt them. and once that has been pointed out people have stopped posting lol

i dont understand people who make big claims but then cannot simply say "fairplay i got that one wrong"
Well. I used to think you were a top poster and a good lad.

Fair play, I got that one wrong.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread