just its playing on my mind , (1 Viewer)

ollyservetta

not one for rumours but something has been playing on my mind and seeing rumours we have not been paying our rent its keeps playing on my mind. I read last week that the demolition of Rusdens ground had a last minute intervention but no reason why was not said , the ground bas earmarked for the bulldozers due to being declared as a fire risk , well the best and cheapest way to not being a fire hazard is to put occupants in . Not saying owt but it would not suprise me if our shower of shit owners would move us again

SkyBlueScottie

Yep, its been on my mind as well...

2 scenarios, 1 is that the local council have asked the owner to put back their plans to bulldoze because they sense an opportunity to perhaps entice the owners to play there.

2nd is that we have been in touch, sounding them out.

I have also been thinking that there has been a determined effort over the past few months to shrink the fan base...

SkyBlueRuffian

I heard that Fisher/SISU wanted us to move there after the Northampton deal had expired, but was forced to rethink when the fans shunned Sixfields.

clint van damme

not one for rumours but something has been playing on my mind and seeing rumours we have not been paying our rent its keeps playing on my mind. I read last week that the demolition of Rusdens ground had a last minute intervention but no reason why was not said , the ground bas earmarked for the bulldozers due to being declared as a fire risk , well the best and cheapest way to not being a fire hazard is to put occupants in . Not saying owt but it would not suprise me if our shower of shit owners would move us again

someone posted a valid reason for the postponement of it's demolition but I can't recall exactly what it was.

ollyservetta

when a pub closes the insurance goes threw the roof , so they put a live in caretaker to get the costs down or rent it out at a peppercorn rent to open and pass the cost on , . id say the cost to demolish the ground or pay for security or a caretaker is easily outweighed by just saying to a team ,just use it , peppcorn rent and buissness rates , problem solved

ollyservetta

I heard that Fisher/SISU wanted us to move there after the Northampton deal had expired, but was forced to rethink when the fans shunned Sixfields.
yes that's what was said ,but now with the gates as low as they are , you would still get the 1500/2000 faithfull plus unlike Northampton and with kettering going under the chance to build a new club in a large populated area , they don't give a fuck about us or Coventry , they have proved that

jackdg

If (enormous 'if') the FA sticks to its rules on distance from home city, Nene Park is an no-go anyway. It is far too distant to be considered as an alternative

fernandopartridge

What benefit would SISU get out of moving the club there? It's not like Northampton or the Ricoh where we pay rent to a landlord who maintains the stadium and pitch. All it would be is cost that the club isn't used to paying.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

yes that's what was said ,but now with the gates as low as they are , you would still get the 1500/2000 faithfull plus unlike Northampton and with kettering going under the chance to build a new club in a large populated area , they don't give a fuck about us or Coventry , they have proved that
Rushden and Diamonds moving back to original Rushden ground

Otis

What benefit would SISU get out of moving the club there? It's not like Northampton or the Ricoh where we pay rent to a landlord who maintains the stadium and pitch. All it would be is cost that the club isn't used to paying.
And couldn't recoup.

SkyBlueScottie

CV1 to Nene Park is 44.7 miles.

We will all be flocking there in our thousands won't we.

Thats the point in shrinking the club, a few hundred will probably still go, move into a new area, chuck a few flags up, offer free tickets, get a few thousand "new" fans, dead easy. I am christening it the "Wasps Template"

SkyBlueScottie

They have a stadium, can keep running the football club at break even / small profit, recouping money, acquire a new fanbase the majority of who dont have memories of watching the club in the top flight.

skybluetony176

SISU would have to invest something in the site to get it open. For that reason alone I can't see it happening. Maybe Tim is going to spank the million pound profit on it.

ecky

Whatever Sisu do won't be in the interest of the fans

They did it once the FA won't let them do it twice but then they don't uphold their own rules

Astute

If we get relegated to Division 4......which is looking very likely......I can see our season tickets sold down to 2,000 or less. Crap football played by a crap team in a crap division because of crap owners. A small reduction in price....say £250. So season ticket sales would bring in about half a million. How much is the rent and matchday expenses? Will Wasps offer a new contract or not put the rent up vastly?

Move to an unused ground....much cheaper to rent than the Ricoh. Matchday expenses much less.....

Can you imagine Fisher constantly saying to Joy that we need our own stadium? There is one available. And it is cheap. Fisher thinks that 2,000 or more will follow him again. Try to be cost neutral. After all we need to own our own stadium. But he would be lucky if 1,000 would follow him there.

I don't think that it will happen. But I didn't think that we would move to Northampton either.

Astute

They did it once the FA won't let them do it twice but then they don't uphold their own rules

But if SISU tell them that Wasps won't agree to a new contract and that we are homeless what choice would they have?

They would have to either allow it or risk being taken to court by SISU. The FA are spineless and SISU's second home is the courts.

Paxman II

The move to Northampton was political. They knew we would be coming back to the Ricoh. They would never move the club away permanently, that would be suicide and the FA and league would no doubt put a stop on that idea.

Grendel

Of all the nonsense spouted this one tops the lot.

im-confused

I work right next to the stadium - I work in what used to be R&DFC player's quarters - where they have meals and showers etc.

We were advised that the demolition would take around 4 months, starting next month.

The stadium is an absolute mess. The pitch is severely overgrown, windows all smashed in etc.
It would take a lot of money to get that place up and running again.

Most of the training pitches have been dug up and now are used to train people on diggers and dumpers etc, and my company owns half of the car park (some of which is constantly fenced off for crane training.)

Not only that, they took down and sold the floodlights months ago, and have already started ripping the seats out.

I'd be very surprised if the stadium wasn't completely knocked down in the near future.

westofrayne

If (enormous 'if') the FA sticks to its rules on distance from home city, Nene Park is an no-go anyway. It is far too distant to be considered as an alternative

Like Wimbledon?

The FA will be quite happy to let them move and see all the crap happening at the Ricoh dissappear, City move the Nene Park, no more protest at Ricoh or game delays, city fans dissappear, perfect for the FA and EFL

fernandopartridge

I work right next to the stadium - I work in what used to be R&DFC player's quarters - where they have meals and showers etc.

We were advised that the demolition would take around 4 months, starting next month.

The stadium is an absolute mess. The pitch is severely overgrown, windows all smashed in etc.

Most of the training pitches have been dug up and now are used to train people on diggers and dumpers etc, and my company owns half of the car park (some of which is constantly fenced off for crane training.)

Not only that, they took down and sold the floodlights months ago, and have already started ripping the seats out.

I'd be very surprised if the stadium wasn't completely knocked down in the near future.
Yes, it would be a significant cost.

ecky

Sounds like we'll playing there then?

Warwickhunt

They don't give a fuck either! MK Dons spring to mind

fernandopartridge

Thats the point in shrinking the club, a few hundred will probably still go, move into a new area, chuck a few flags up, offer free tickets, get a few thousand "new" fans, dead easy. I am christening it the "Wasps Template"

Yeah, but all that has cost Wasps in the region of £39m (£34m bonds to be repaid and £5m to buy the Council / Higgs out). It isn't going to happen with CCFC

Users who are viewing this thread