Just got back... (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

We were unlucky today.... First half was a shocking game of football, all sideward passing no inspring spells. Dominated the game 2nd half but yet again nothing in the final third. Elliot was non existent, midfield has no creativity. Baker had another poor game. Mcgoldrick best player but too greedy in the key positions. Defence looked solid but yet again silly mistakes cost us.

Rumour amongst the fans, reason certain players didn't come on is because of 'apperence' fees etc... Didn't make a sub till 75th min when it was crying out for a change after the hour mark. Would like to have seen Fleck on earlier as he could have terrorised that Tranmere defence.

If Tranmere are the best this league has to offer then this league is shocking because they weren't anything special. Deffo there for the taking.

New manager needs to bring in someone with attacking ethos as a coach because they haven't got a clue going forward in the final 3rd.

Nonleagueherewecome

Is it possible that some players didn't agree to the pay restructure, so to avoid them getting an appearance bonus, they aren't used?

This is a more likely scenario, it's just the leak has suffered Chinese Whispers and it's gotten confused.

It would explain one hell of a lot about the mess of a team spirit we now have!

Maaaaaardy

We were unlucky today.... First half was a shocking game of football, all sideward passing no inspring spells. Dominated the game 2nd half but yet again nothing in the final third. Elliot was non existent, midfield has no creativity. Baker had another poor game. Mcgoldrick best player but too greedy in the key positions. Defence looked solid but yet again silly mistakes cost us.

Rumour amongst the fans, reason certain players didn't come on is because of 'apperence' fees etc... Didn't make a sub till 75th min when it was crying out for a change after the hour mark. Would like to have seen Fleck on earlier as he could have terrorised that Tranmere defence.

If Tranmere are the best this league has to offer then this league is shocking because they weren't anything special. Deffo there for the taking.

New manager needs to bring in someone with attacking ethos as a coach because they haven't got a clue going forward in the final 3rd.

I highly doubt we would put 3 players on the bench who can't play, we aren't THAT stupid surely? Agreed Fleck would of hammered them, they were shocking, I didn't see the game but they sounded bloody awful. Absolutely right with the rest of your post, you're correct with everything you say.

Hope the day out was alright though considering you went, braver man than me.

Lord_Nampil

Im back from the game and i have a few points to make,

1./ Again wait to change the game with a sub, some times when the game is there for the taking you make your move (shows tactically lacking on the bench)
2./ When your on top you score, today for the majority of the second half we were the better team, not scoring costs us again!
3./ McGoldrick cant play up top on his own!!!
4./ Defence still making silly costly mistakes
5./ were not use to winning something that needs to change quick!
6./ We need a manager ASAP!

We didnt play badly today, the problem i have is we are making the same mistakes, somethign Thorn didnt cut out last season! We also dont make the right moves when we got anywhere near there box!!!

All in all we need to win our next game!

CUS Wyken

Considering how much of the ball we had 2nd half we never created much chances, Mcgoldrick did the hard work but should have looked up with that 'chance'

Hopefully Fleck can fill that gap between Midfield and up front because creatvity is lacking big time!!!!

The new manager i hope will see what we all see and makes sure he sorts out how we go forward becasue they lacked that killer pass or touch in the final 3rd.

Greggs

Gives a good reason why our best striker, Cody Macdonald, cant get a game.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hopefully Fleck can add a creative outlet then get some genuine wingers and pace out wide and we should have an effective team

CUS Wyken

Hopefully Fleck can add a creative outlet then get some genuine wingers and pace out wide and we should have an effective team

We deffo miss that bit of creativty which Fleck i hope will offer us. Baker just not good enough, barton a tidy player but isn't a player who could create something from nothing.

kepit 2 yusen

It's amazing how people view the game differently however here is my take.
It was not a brilliant game and we were average but better than I have seen us play all season. First half we dominated as the ball was more up the other end than it was near our goal. A few good efforts and chances, unlucky at times not to get one home. We were creating chances tho !
Second half, again not abysmal until defence once again crumbled dragging the rest down. Baker came close with one off the post and to be honest, although he fluffed one or two good chances, his effort and determination is there, unlike most of the others. McGoldrick similar ! Barton is next to useless and so is Kilbain effort and commitment wise. Add McSheffrey to that one. Edgy (or whoever) isn't that good and seemed pissed with Murphy when Smurph directed him. Didn't understand Shaws subs, wrong timing and I would not have removed Baker today. Elliot should have been off sooner with Barton, fleck and Cody on and mix it up. Shaw seemed as clueless as Thorn.
These guys ought to start thinking their careers are on the line.

CUS Wyken

It's amazing how people view the game differently however here is my take.
It was not a brilliant game and we were average but better than I have seen us play all season. First half we dominated as the ball was more up the other end than it was near our goal. A few good efforts and chances, unlucky at times not to get one home. We were creating chances tho !
Second half, again not abysmal until defence once again crumbled dragging the rest down. Baker came close with one off the post and to be honest, although he fluffed one or two good chances, his effort and determination is there, unlike most of the others. McGoldrick similar ! Barton is next to useless and so is Kilbain effort and commitment wise. Add McSheffrey to that one. Edgy (or whoever) isn't that good and seemed pissed with Murphy when Smurph directed him. Didn't understand Shaws subs, wrong timing and I would not have removed Baker today. Elliot should have been off sooner with Barton, fleck and Cody on and mix it up. Shaw seemed as clueless as Thorn.
These guys ought to start thinking their careers are on the line.

Sorry... what chances did we have first half? I can't remember anything of note, did there keeper even make a save first half??? I dont think he did. We were in there half yes, but we didnt create anything.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I thought Baker was having a good game, he took a lot of people on - wasn't his best game as he made a few mistakes but much better then usual. Don't understand why he went off for McSheffrey to be honest just seemed like a change for changes sake (we needed a change but this was the wrong move IMO)

Also why ROD instead of Cody Mac? He is surely our biggest goal threat yet has been dropped for some reason.

McGoldrick was very good today again, maybe should have released the ball earlier on a couple of occasions but he at least has it in him to take players on and create and take shots. I think the incident where he had the keeper flapping the angle was too tight for him to shoot yet nobody ran into the box quick enough for a pass for an easy open goal and so the chance was squandered.

Overall we played really well today just lacked some conviction in the final 3rd which is really frustrating again and then let in 2 silly goals at the end. Certainly didn't look like we were playing top of the league away anyway. I think it shows the squad is good enough to challenge this league but we lack proper leadership and direction, unfortunately for me Shaw is not the man for the job and hopefully somebody is appointed next week as TF and SW have said.

Otis

Whether today or not, we can't keep playing for only part of the game and expect to come away with anything!

cloughie

Rumour amongst the fans, reason certain players didn't come on is because of 'apperence' fees etc/QUOTE]

This is bang on the truth

I have heard it from a reliable source who is close mates with a certain player,

How can anyone manage team given restrictions on appearance money

Another sisu madness or just to make a player leave, because he earns to much or very little if he don't play?

Nonleagueherewecome

Rumour amongst the fans, reason certain players didn't come on is because of 'apperence' fees etc/QUOTE]

I have heard it from a reliable source who is close mates with a certain player,

Another sisu madness or just to make a player leave, because he earns to much or very little if he don't play?

So Cody didn't agree to the bonus cut, then? Or is it an appearance fee due to a club? There seems to be some confusions as to which it is.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sorry Cloughie/Wyken, the above is quoting Cloughie...quoting Wyken :confused:

lordsummerisle

Don't know how true it is, but certainly been true in the past, Hyldegaard wasn't allowed to play because a payment would have had to be made on appearance, also rumours that the reason that McSheffrey and Bothroyd were scoring for fun early one season that they were dropped under Mcallister because of goal bonuses.

That was cured by signing Holdsworth, must have saved a fortune!

CUS Wyken

Cloughie - Makes sense why Cody didn't come on... Shame BBC never ask these questions. SISU's spin doctors did such a great job Thursday brainwashing most fans.

ccfcway

They said on Thursday that no team decision was based on contracts, the manager picks the team

If that isn't the case it was an outright lie?

Mucca Mad Boys

Cloughie - Makes sense why Cody didn't come on... Shame BBC never ask these questions. SISU's spin doctors did such a great job Thursday brainwashing most fans.

How did SISU brainwash us Thursday!? Get real, there're worst owners around!

Mucca Mad Boys

What club have worse owners at present then?

The Portsmouth owners that got them fucked were/are 100x worse than SISU, and Rangers' Whyte owner who fucked them and Scottish football over.

Sisu don't spend money on players because they have to prop us up on off the field issues, they aren't mega-rich so can only spend money on ONE-OR-THE-OTHER!!!

CUS Wyken

They said on Thursday that no team decision was based on contracts, the manager picks the team

If that isn't the case it was an outright lie?

Hopefully the telegraph or BBC CW have or will ask Shaw why didn't our main goal scoring threat come on?

CUS Wyken

The Portsmouth owners that got them fecked were/are 100x worse than SISU, and Rangers' Whyte owner who fecked them and Scottish football over.

Sisu don't spend money on players because they have to prop us up on off the field issues, they aren't mega-rich so can only spend money on ONE-OR-THE-OTHER!!!

I said at present???

Mucca Mad Boys

name one owner worse than ours, look around you, the club has been destroyed and its now on its knee's.

The Rev

The same club that was on it's knees before SISU took over? (EDIT) The same club when in the prem, the owners spent money WE DIDN'T HAVE which left us with crippling debt? The same club that was run by the crooks who sold Highfield Rd, and moved to the RICOH, which is at the heart of our problems?

Look around you, the club was on its knees before SISU came, hence why we were half-an-hour away from admin, at least we're solvent atm!

Infact, SISU aren't even our worst owners in the 21st Century!

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

I said at present???

Portsmouth's owners still aren't great.

Technically, I'd say Everton do, true that Kenwright loves the club and is an Evertonian through-and-through, but the guy's record profit for his business is 2.5m, clearly not enough to run a Championship (possibly a L1) club and it is only TV money that allows them to spend what little money they have on players (and with a mega rich owner, Everton could easily break top 4 with Moyes in charge) with this in mind, assuming SISU own CCFC and we get to the 'promised land', the potential is there for us to run well as a football club and be able to spend enough to stay up.

SISU are cutting for the same reasons the tories are (tories are failing but for a football club, it's necessary)*

Tbh, I don't take notice of other teams owners and what have you.

*SISU at least spending money for players (sign on fees etc) and for Barton, we've done well in the transfer market, we have the team to do well this year, now we need the manager and 1-2 good loanees.

old westender

i also went to the game and could not agree more with your assessment of the game . i have thought this from the beginning of the season and do not know if it is the forwards who are not good enough of the mid field who are lacking in creativity or playing to a management system that is to clever for them

Users who are viewing this thread