Just got back! (1 Viewer)

skyblue4ever

After going to the same fixture 2 seasons ago and watching a dull 0-0 draw whilst not being impressed by anyone i wasnt expecting much. I was wrong, i know it was only hinckley but i was pleased!
Firstly, i like the look of malaga, up against a brute of a striker i thought he had a great half, won lots of headers, tackles and seems very comfortable on the ball. Thought the other french guy did ok but malaga looks good. I was also impressed by the movement ahead of the ball, havent seen much of that before from city. players creating and getting into space, good to see. Got to be impressed by some of the younger lads aswell, thought jeffers had a good half although i did think that bigi had grown abit and was still with us. Must had been to his barbers!
I know it was only hinckley but came back happy with wat i had seen, the 8 goals were a bonus ;-)
keep it up city!

Diehard Si

We can't read too much into the score for these games as its only the fitness. That said, 8-0 is better than 0-0.

Especially good that our acedemy and youth players scored 6 of the goals.

covcity4life

once again seems its 1 rule for negativity and another for positivity

last year there was upraor that it was 0-0 and we didnt look capable of a goal-that ended up being true

now we score 8 and it means jack shit

hummm

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought Jeffers suited the wing better than he did up front.

What did people think of Kilbane? He definately shows his age and reminded me of when we had Don Hutchinson. Bit slow at times, but I think his experience will invaluable when it comes us needing to hold onto a lead and keep the youngsters grounded

skyblue4ever

I thought Jeffers suited the wing better than he did up front.

What did people think of Kilbane? He definately shows his age and reminded me of when we had Don Hutchinson. Bit slow at times, but I think his experience will invaluable when it comes us needing to hold onto a lead and keep the youngsters grounded

Did look a little slow but i think he will b an asset this season with his experience, not going to criticise after that 1 game

MayallMan

Kilbane showed some bursts of speed going forward..comunication needs some work as he went in for the same ball with other players at times

skyblue4ever

Kilbane showed some bursts of speed going forward..comunication needs some work as he went in for the same ball with other players at times

yes i just remember that run he had; suppose he knows with his experience when to stay and when he needs that bit if extra pace

The soothsayer

Well done At and the boys, no win can be sniffed at, whoever its against, its clear the pre match excuses were not needed. credit where credit is due.

Paxman II

...and to think people were saying 'where's the goals coming from'.

Yes it was Hinckley but 8 goals all the same and to think they were from the kids.

Wonder how those 20 minute segments worked out?!

Users who are viewing this thread