Just got back (1 Viewer)

Nantwich Skyblues

Well 500 mile round trip.. cost me over £250 with hotel ,petrol ,beer ,food...

sang my heart out as did the rest of the SBA, my missus just said the beeb didnt show our fans, gutted as we did make a big effort, it must be said though that saints fans were making a wall of noise and it just showed that you can generate atmosphere in a bowl!...

i sat down and cried at the end at it was then seeing their fans celebrate and us left as gatecrashers at the party that it hit me just how far we had fallen. those young lads tried today.. got the ball down and passed it but they are just boys still wet behind the ears not physically strong enough or mentally savvy enough to cope. How has our club the great fighters of the past always defying the odds turned into what we witnessed today. There are so many people that should be held accountable for trying to kill this proud club... they are sat in their big houses with their fat cigars and fatter guts and dont really give a shit... i spent money i couldnt really afford because its my club my city the love of my life ( after the wife and kids-just in case she reads this ;) ) and i will not give up on it. Lets hope we all sing together next year and we can rise like a phoenix from the ashes of years of mismanagement, no set of fans deserve success more. pusb

Tonylinc

Have every respect for you BBSB and all those like you. Of course we deserve better but I have a feeling that we are not going to get it till we have owners who care about the club

Sisu_Cockroaches

sang my heart out as did the rest of the SBA, my missus just said the beeb didnt show our fans, gutted as we did make a big effort, it must be said though that saints fans were making a wall of noise and it just showed that you can generate atmosphere in a bowl!...

i sat down and cried at the end at it was then seeing their fans celebrate and us left as gatecrashers at the party that it hit me just how far we had fallen. those young lads tried today.. got the ball down and passed it but they are just boys still wet behind the ears not physically strong enough or mentally savvy enough to cope. How has our club the great fighters of the past always defying the odds turned into what we witnessed today. There are so many people that should be held accountable for trying to kill this proud club... they are sat in their big houses with their fat cigars and fatter guts and dont really give a shit... i spent money i couldnt really afford because its my club my city the love of my life ( after the wife and kids-just in case she reads this ;) ) and i will not give up on it. Lets hope we all sing together next year and we can rise like a phoenix from the ashes of years of mismanagement, no set of fans deserve success more. pusb

Fair play to you mate, proper fan.

Ashdown

Top notch Blackburn.......it is in truth supporters like you who will inspire investors to give our club a chance.

ccfcdan

Super post. Fair play, i applaud all the fans that travelled today. Maybe you were outsung and not shown on the tv but your a credit to our club. If we all stick together we will be back. Wether Sisu are here or we get bought out we need to all get behind the players next season as there going to need us more now than ever! PUSB

Nantwich Skyblues

thanks guys, we all want the same thing and we have to believe that somehow we will defy the odds and we will turn it around ... we just have to... pls god!!

The soothsayer

your not going to like this but, have a sit down and have a long think about life's priorities, spending that kind of money to watch that lot when it was live on tv is stupid imo, sorry.I could easily afford it, but could not justify spending that amount of money for even more pain. next time spend the money on people more deserving ,like your wife and kids, they won't let you down and they would really appriciate it, unlike this lot ,deep down they don't care enough .sorry.

Nantwich Skyblues

hi Soothsayer,

i pick and choose my games due too distance i live from cov and obviously finances.. i have always attended the last game of the season as meet up with group of friends who do likewise.. i am not going to have a go back at you as i understand where your coming from but i wont turn my back on the boys its not their fault. cheers

The soothsayer

hi Soothsayer,

i pick and choose my games due too distance i live from cov and obviously finances.. i have always attended the last game of the season as meet up with group of friends who do likewise.. i am not going to have a go back at you as i understand where your coming from but i wont turn my back on the boys its not their fault. cheers

Fair play, really wasn't having a go, or trying to get a rise. just giving my opinion.

pusbccfc

I've just got back,
What fantastic support we have, and what fantastic supporters the saints have.
It was great seeing fellow football fans helping each other when they unveiled the sisu out flag.
I was on one of the coaches and pretty much every Southampton fan that passed by applauded us, it was a fantastic sight to see, and I'd like to wish them luck in the premier league.
I've been around half the away games and all the home games this year, and I'd say it has been the most passionate I have seen the fans in the 16 years of supporting the club. At away games such as leeds away we did not stop singing throughout.

Let's hope next season surprises us with the team pushing up into the top half.

Well done fellow sky blues, we all deserve credit.

PLAY UP SKY BLUES

Last edited:

Sebastian80

Hi Coventy, Saints fan here in peace (I know, I know, I should still be out celebrating but with two kids under 2 I can't get away with it anymore :-(

Anyway, just wanted to come on here and say how impressed I was with your club today. On the playing side those kids did you great credit - played without fear and really tried to play football. You were by no means the worst time we've played this season, not by a long way.

More importantly, your fans are quality. Great effort to come all the way down here having already been relegated, making yourselves heard even over the best atmosphere we're ever had. Really sorry to see you go down but I hope you can sort out the ownership side and then start making your way back. It's a long hard road but we've been from 22nd in league 1 to the prem in 18 months and we above anyone know that anything is possible.

Keep the faith and next time we play you here you'll get a very warm welcome.

Cheers

joemercersaces

Hi Coventy, Saints fan here in peace (I know, I know, I should still be out celebrating but with two kids under 2 I can't get away with it anymore :-(

Anyway, just wanted to come on here and say how impressed I was with your club today. On the playing side those kids did you great credit - played without fear and really tried to play football. You were by no means the worst time we've played this season, not by a long way.

More importantly, your fans are quality. Great effort to come all the way down here having already been relegated, making yourselves heard even over the best atmosphere we're ever had. Really sorry to see you go down but I hope you can sort out the ownership side and then start making your way back. It's a long hard road but we've been from 22nd in league 1 to the prem in 18 months and we above anyone know that anything is possible.

Keep the faith and next time we play you here you'll get a very warm welcome.

Cheers

Thanks Sebastian. Went through a period wishing ill on you purely because Strachan was managing you but today has really cemented a warm feeling between Cov and Saints that will last .

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thanks Sebastian. Went through a period wishing ill on you purely because Strachan was managing you but today has really cemented a warm feeling between Cov and Saints that will last .

Have to agree here! I've met loads of Saints fans while I've been down here and every one of them a real fan and supporter of both their club and the game itself. I feel closer to Southampton FC more than any other club now (obviously after CCFC!), as I have the utmost respect for true fans of the game. What I've read on some of the posts on here today just shows me that I think what joemercersaces says will come true. Cov and Southampton will forever be a lot closer as clubs and supporters, even though, for now, we are two leagues apart. Congrats on their promotion.
PUSB!

oakey

Top post I ever saw on here, Blackburn.
The club doesn't deserve supporters like yourself and thousands of others.
Today must be an act of defiance.
We must not let the parasites who have been dragging us down for 20 years destroy the club.
We must watch events closely in the next few weeks and support those whose ACTIONS NOT WORDS begin the fightback.

Disorganised1

~ Shame, you nearly had a home game next year, and now you've been robbed of that. City 'Til I die

Covstu

We definately need more fans like you and the thousands that went down. You could hardly hear our fans on the box but that was just one part of the Southampton party that the BBC obviously focussed on. It would be great to get that kind of following away to show the club we are still supporting them and not go to home games to hurt them financially, having said that i think we will know more in the summer before the start of the season!

Macca

I made a 2 mile round trip to the supermarket, got some ales and watched soccer Saturday. Top day after a hard weeks work. Worth every penny of the 8 quid spent. ;)

sky_blue_up_north

I did the trip same day, about 450 miles for me, hell of a trek. But if we can keep our fan base together it has to help. Just praying we get some sort of backing from the board next season and at least we can make a go of it and not struggle like we have this season. City Till I Die!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Yesterday was the last City game I'm going to with SISU at the helm-full respect to BSB for still wanting to put in the time and effort and cash, but this BSB can't justify spending it all to watch them kill the club. It hurts too much, and it definitely hurt yesterday watching the jubilation as every goal went in.

theprince

It's tough being a Sky Blues fan and at the moment very bleak as i believe there are plenty of dark clouds to come. Those who own this club have no idea how it feels, none at all, but then are we to blame too. When a group of supporters under the save-our-city banner, tried to form an anti-sisu group in the main all they got was slagged from pillar tp post, only a few turned up and now it seems to have petered out. Unless someone with a bit of clout puts their head above the parapet this will just trundle along as it is. I have been in the Legends bar amongst the prawn sandwich fraternity and to be honest most if not all are pathetic and just want to be seen hob knobbing along, pathetic ex-players going back to the 50s and 60s chewing the fat, enjoying being seen, in fact it was like an old stores union meeting at Massey Ferguson. Not one of that lot and a number have been on local radio have come out and had a go and one and I'll name him John Sillett accepted an award from sisu and publically slagged off fans for having a go

Users who are viewing this thread