Just got back (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

Well what can you say, i drove across from near Norwich to see my team fight for there lives, and what did i see, a shambles is what i saw, and most if not all the whole set-up should hang there heads in shame.

I believe they bought disgrace on to our great club, with a gutless clueless and even cowardly display, a display that will rank the worst I've ever seen in the circumstances they were in before the match. They showed total contempt to the many travelling skyblue army

They showed no desire,passion or fighting spirit, it was like they were a mid table team with nothing to play for, and i was disgusted with them and deeply embarrassed that they wore the famous skyblue shirt, a shirt that was once worn by heros like George Curtis,Tommy Hutchinson and Trevor Peake, who not once gave anything but 100% when wearing the shirt.

So where do we go from here, it looks like we will go down and on that performance we totally deserve to, but i still have hope that those players yesterday will wake up ashamed of themselves and put in a performance at Burnley that is owed to all the fans at the game yesterday.

Yes i still think we will stay up, but they need to pull there finger out there a**es and show the fight , commitment and desire to win, we the fans deserve.

The Rev

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
i can understand most of the reasons why we might go down Rev - SISU, lack of investment, small squad, lack of quality, inexperienced manager etc - but to go without a real fight i find hard to forgive or accept. If and when we go down ownership issues aside the thing I will take from this season is that we never really put up a good fight to stay in the division - too many players too many times have gone missing this season (especially senior players). Pity they dont seem to care as much as the fans, the support away from home especially this season has been tremendous - but perhaps thats just how modern footballers are.

Where is the passion, desire the never say die attitude of previous teams. No there might not be so much quality or depth but we have little leadership, hearts on sleeves, fighting spirit - I see more of all that watching my lad play on a Sunday morning than I do from CCFC

Can only give my plaudits and respect to the SBA - CCFC players should look at them and learn. I feel let down by everything else at CCFC right now.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

i can understand most of the reasons why we might go down Rev - SISU, lack of investment, small squad, lack of quality, inexperienced manager etc - but to go without a real fight i find hard to forgive or accept. If and when we go down ownership issues aside the thing I will take from this season is that we never really put up a good fight to stay in the division - too many players too many times have gone missing this season (especially senior players). Pity they dont seem to care as much as the fans, the support away from home especially this season has been tremendous - but perhaps thats just how modern footballers are.

Where is the passion, desire the never say die attitude of previous teams. No there might not be so much quality or depth but we have little leadership, hearts on sleeves, fighting spirit - I see more of all that watching my lad play on a Sunday morning than I do from CCFC

Can only give my plaudits and respect to the SBA - CCFC players should look at them and learn. I feel let down by everything else at CCFC right now.

OSB I totally agree, Cov teams of old always had at its core fighting spirit. Added with passion and that never say die attitude you mention, its appalling that this side has not one of these ingredients. In olden times teams who played us had to virtually crawl off the pitch,such was the effort needed to compete with us,it is so sad to see this team put in so little into such an important game.

The skyblue army have been magnificent this year away from home, and to tell you the truth its the only thing i'm proud of this season.When i listened in from France it sounded as if we were the home side not the away team, and it was a joy to see them in fine voice in person Monday.

Now i'm back permantly living here, i hope to be one of them much more, and if we can get a team to even get near there passion and commitment then i think we'll be unbeatable next season.

The Rev

Stevec189

I still struggle with the excuse that they were tired! I know the squad is painfully thin - Bristol made 6 changes etc but surely they can play 2 games in 48 hours? I am sure when I was a lad we used to play every day 27 a side in games that lasted 5 hours!

THE SBA have always been more than the team deserve. They needed a Lloys McGarth to start the singing in the dressing room to raise the passion levels up a bit! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread