Just Deserts ....."At Last" (1 Viewer)

Tankie

As I search my memory for superlatives to describe this match,I have to concede defeat, for nothing I can think of describes this magnificent display of guts and commitment that we witnessed at the Ricoh last night. I thought it put to bed the argument about Andy Thorns ability to manage, the lack of effort put in by the players, and their loyalty to the cause.
At the final whistle, the relief was obvious, with players dropping to their knees, exhausted, from both physical and mental effort, this time the victory was not to be snatched from them, in the cruelest of fashions, and this against a quality Leeds sides, who ran the show for periods, particulary in the first half, when the omens indicated that it might be a hard night for the Sky Blues, and so it proved, but the victory was theirs and justifiably so, by a fine overall team performance, punctuated, with several first class individual displays, with Platt, Nimley, McSheffery
Keoh, all playing out of their skins.
And not let us forget, under siege Manager Andy Thorn, who, in my opinion has taken much unfair critisism over the last few weeks about his ability to coach and motivate, last nights performance, has been equalled several times this season, but on this occasion we got what we deserved for a change.
Well played Andy Thorn,and the lads.

Regards....Tankie

Otis

Yes, well done, and I don't wish to be cruel here, but the fact is that Thorn had to play that team and had to ditch the diamond.

Not so sure we can praise his tactics as his hand was forced. We should praise him though for motivating the players and keeping their spirits up.

SkyBlueBlood2

I completely agree with everything you say there Tankie!.... Apart from the "Quality side like Leeds who ran the show for periods" part!
They looked dangerous on the break at times but that was about it for me! Losing howson has left a massive hole in their midfield and they clearly struggled to get a foothold on the game! We fully deserved the 3 points but still needed 2 penalties to do it which outlines what the major problem has been all season!
We're not the worst footballing side in the league by a long way but the serious lack of goal threat is why we are i the shite we are!

But still!.... Great effort from the lads last night and roll on (a piss poor) Notts Forest on sat!! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread