Just a thought (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

Just a genuine thought, would it be possible to actually arrange a complete boycott for one game ( with a view to further planned if successful) of home games, just to see the response in the media etc.

Many have said tickets do not touch the surface with wages but a ticket at average of £22 a pop say 4k are purchased generates £88,000 - 4k season ticket holders -additional funds already in the club, then we now gain a small % within other areas on a matchday.

Basically we generate over £100,000 per home game, every two weeks, so £50,000 per week on average, we have players on £1,800 a week or less - £30,000 paid per week in wages for example.

So we are paying the wages to a certain extent.

However under the new agreement SISU only profit from the home attendances that us fans generate, this is what they are hanging on to, Ok they are making a loss on the operation of the club, but its the ticket revenue that helps the loss more sustainable.

Fans are voting with their feet already and I get that, but just for queries sake, would it be possible to actually have virtually no one going inside for the sake of the future of Coventry City Football Club, yes we all love to watch us play I get that, but why are SISU still hanging around with NO desire to build bridges with the customer, no idea on how to run a sustainable football business, loading us with more and more debt that we simply will never be rid off unless we are liquidated, and most likely have a business model that is set out for league two football as they will be able to put even less into the football operation funding pot knowing that wage structures are even lower meaning we can just tick over even further under their regime.

I am not saying this is a must and I am not looking for posters to start arguing but would it do any harm is my general question.

Please take into consideration for those who say this would end the club if we did this on a regular basis blah blah, under SISU's leadership the club is already dead, can you remember the good times over the years the match day experience walking up to HR or even on some championship matches the Ricoh.

Their is no Wilson to sell this summer so what is next.

( I already understand a complete boycott is not possible as you will still get 1k fans inside at the least but still would cause embarrassment to SISU)

torchomatic

Don't think it would work and I don't think you could expect it to.

shy_tall_knight

NOPE move on. at least 5k dieheards who will always go. Who is to say they are not right as well?

I think you are inflating that figure somehow, the official attendances can't be believed but I can see crowds pf 3-4 k next year if we continue as we are, around by me ST holders for many years there is huge disillusionment and many don't turn up anymore but are included in the official attendance.

AndreasB

I think you are inflating that figure somehow, the official attendances can't be believed but I can see crowds pf 3-4 k next year if we continue as we are, around by me ST holders for many years there is huge disillusionment and many don't turn up anymore but are included in the official attendance.

Why cant official attendances be believed? Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

albatross

why not expand to a 2 game protest . 1 ) Fill the Ricoh and 2) empty the Ricoh.

would be a powerful demonstration of what the club could be at either ends of the Spectrum. Powerful reminder to SISU and also to any other potential investor that CCFC does have a considerable FAN base.

Samo

Just a genuine thought, would it be possible to actually arrange a complete boycott for one game (
with a view to further planned if successful) of home games, just to see the response in the media etc.

Many have said tickets do not touch the surface with wages but a ticket at average of £22 a pop say 4k are purchased generates £88,000 - 4k season ticket holders -additional funds already in the club, then we now gain a small % within other areas on a matchday.

Basically we generate over £100,000 per home game, every two weeks, so £50,000 per week on average, we have players on £1,800 a week or less - £30,000 paid per week in wages for example.

So we are paying the wages to a certain extent.

However under the new agreement SISU only profit from the home attendances that us fans generate, this is what they are hanging on to, Ok they are making a loss on the operation of the club, but its the ticket revenue that helps the loss more sustainable.

Fans are voting with their feet already and I get that, but just for queries sake, would it be possible to actually have virtually no one going inside for the sake of the future of Coventry City Football Club, yes we all love to watch us play I get that, but why are SISU still hanging around with NO desire to build bridges with the customer, no idea on how to run a sustainable football business, loading us with more and more debt that we simply will never be rid off unless we are liquidated, and most likely have a business model that is set out for league two football as they will be able to put even less into the football operation funding pot knowing that wage structures are even lower meaning we can just tick over even further under their regime.

I am not saying this is a must and I am not looking for posters to start arguing but would it do any harm is my general question.

Please take into consideration for those who say this would end the club if we did this on a regular basis blah blah, under SISU's leadership the club is already dead, can you remember the good times over the years the match day experience walking up to HR or even on some championship matches the Ricoh.

Their is no Wilson to sell this summer so what is next.

( I already understand a complete boycott is not possible as you will still get 1k fans inside at the least but still would cause embarrassment to SISU)

You make a good argument. I've never been a believer in NOPM but that was a temporary measure in response to the Northampton situation. I believe this could have some impact if it were handled the right way. I think you would need to:
1. Identify a game some time away to allow momentum to grow.
2. Tell the club it is going to happen, why and what change (realistically) the fans want to see.
3. Get all fan groups on board.
4. Accept that it will cost us where it hurts us - on the pitch.
5. Organise a large and vocal presence outside the ground on the day.
6. Get as much publicity as possible.
7. Call for something that has been rare of late - fan unity ( for a day at least)
8. Assuming success, inform the club of the next identified protest game.

Good luck.

Samo

Oh and why not ask anyone not attending to donate the cash they would have spent to a charity, this will help with publicity.

skybluetony176

No chance. If it couldn't happen at Suxfields it isn't going to happen in Coventry.

It would make a bold statement though.

Samo

No chance. If it couldn't happen at Suxfields it isn't going to happen in Coventry.

It would make a bold statement though.

Strangely though, things are a lot worse now. At least then we had hope.

The Reverend Skyblue

one point, there is no way we have 5000 die hard fans.

I would say the die hard fans number about 1400 approx. , who are the ones who went to sixfields.

Die hard means ,go whatever the circumstances

Anyway im getting so bored of all this constant shite, its getting depressing supporting this bloody club

AndreasB

why not expand to a 2 game protest . 1 ) Fill the Ricoh and 2) empty the Ricoh.

would be a powerful demonstration of what the club could be at either ends of the Spectrum. Powerful reminder to SISU and also to any other potential investor that CCFC does have a considerable FAN base.

Fucks sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

NOPE move on. at least 5k dieheards who will always go. Who is to say they are not right as well?

unless its against Swindon, where 25% of those "die hards" who had paid to go via a season ticket didn't turn up.

The protest is happening, just slowly.

AndreasB

unless its against Swindon, where 25% of those "die hards" who had paid to go via a season ticket didn't turn up.

That's a fact is it ? Another rumour /myth that has grown into Gospel Truth on here.

Grendel

Can you supply any evidence or is that just lazy bullshit as usual?

ccfcway

Can you supply any evidence or is that just lazy bullshit as usual?

Funnily enough, I didnt count all of the attendance as I wasn't there. A lot of people said there was nearer 5k than 7k, as the season ticket holders count as they have paid. When you factor in the swindon fans and walk ups, its hardly needs the imagination of the derren brown to work out that many season ticket holders didnt turn up.

AndreasB

7098 for a league game in Coventry. As a "fact" when was the late time we had a lower league attendance ?

That's not what you said though. You said 25% of season ticket holders didn't go. You presented it as fact.

AndreasB

Funnily enough, I didnt count all of the attendance as I wasn't there. A lot of people said there was nearer 5k than 7k, as the season ticket holders count as they have paid. When you factor in the swindon fans and walk ups, its hardly needs the imagination of the derren brown to work out that many season ticket holders didnt turn up.

Do you know how many season ticket holders there are this season? Less than 5000.
Oh and it was on the TV in case you had forgotten. Perhaps they were "not watching" at home, you know, in the spirit of their alleged protest.

ccfcway

Do you know how many season ticket holders there are this season? Less than 5000.
Oh and it was on the TV in case you had forgotten. Perhaps they were "not watching" at home, you know, in the spirit of their alleged protest.

Any news on what TV channel the Wallsall and Notts County games were on when we only got 8k at those ?

Attendances are dropping and people are voting with their feet.

As a fan base, we will never agree on way fwd with protests, so what appears to be happening is the interest dwindles and people dont go.

AndreasB

Any news on what TV channel the Wallsall and Notts County games were on when we only got 8k at those ?

Attendances are dropping and people are voting with their feet.

As a fan base, we will never agree on way fwd with protests, so what appears to be happening is the interest dwindles and people dont go.

Yet Gillingham got 27,000, how odd the rot set in after one week. That's some fucking dwindling.

ccfcway

Yet Gillingham got 27,000, how odd the rot set in after one week. That's some fucking dwindling.

Gillingham was at the start of Sept wasnt it ? Wallsall and Notts County was into Dec / Jan werent they ?.

Having said that, I remember the attendance dropped very heavily for the next home game after Gillingham didnt it :(

Users who are viewing this thread