Just a thought...next striker (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

IF Adam Armstrong does leave (I doubt by the way) or perhaps as competition for places and cover for injury as the long season progresses, what about Leon Clarke? Bury are beginning to tail off now and he could be tempted back?

D

Deleted member 2477

No, more trouble than hes worth. A greedy trouble maker and he had his chance with us and thought the grass was greener. Look where that got him

Specs WT-R75

I'd still have him back... he is a different gravy in this league and miles better than anything else we have on the bench.

The reality is, he has a contract at Bury and we couldn't afford to buy him out of it... I don't think he would be going on loan. Simple as that.

JulianDarbyFTW

TM would go for someone else young and hungry. Remember he said at the end of last season about getting someone from another team's U21's to be a 20-a-season striker. He did that the first time round, that's for sure!

st john

I think he could easily challenge for L1 top scorer spot in our team, a short term deal to the end of the season would work if we could get him IMO. The problem last time was he got his head turned by Wolves in the Jan window.

Gazolba

Our next striker is Sambou.

Skyblueweeman

No. Personally, I'm not one for taking back players despite the fact that they left to further their careers/quadruple their wages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

No chance, I think one of the reasons for our success this year is the positive atmosphere in the dressing room. I don't want his influence anywhere near our club, he is only in it for the money

Otis

Putting aside all the reservations already alluded to on here on this thread, we are now also a side that plays at pace and when you look at how lightning quick Adam Armstrong is, you would have to say Clarke would most certainly not fit the bill anyway.

We have to replace Armstrong and it will need to be a player with pace.

stevefloyd

But even with pace sometimes we look as though we will never score.. With Clarke he would definitely score goals here but hmmmmmmmmm....

No Way Back

I wouldn't want Clarke back but we need a plan B & a striker like him although older & slower might provide the sort of resilience you need to combat teams like the Blades. Fortune doesn't look the answer.

Ian1779

Putting aside all the reservations already alluded to on here on this thread, we are now also a side that plays at pace and when you look at how lightning quick Adam Armstrong is, you would have to say Clarke would most certainly not fit the bill anyway.

We have to replace Armstrong and it will need to be a player with pace.

I wouldn't see Clarke as a direct replacement for Armstrong, but one of the reasons we played so well in the season at Sixfields was Clarke's link up play with Wilson who was a pacey striker. If Armstrong did leave, I think Murphy could play that role and I could see a link up with him and Leon being very productive.

I won't happen obviously - but good to hypothesise

malkitccfc

Didn't he go there because they offered him a decent wage with a three year contract? Wouldn't be getting that sort of length with us

moleyskyblue

Did hear couple of months back that he was going to get michu from some french league 3 team who hes playing for now but not heard anything more about it since.

mechaishida

Crucially, I don't think TM would want Clarke here. Not his sort of player I.E. has a massive chip on his shoulder.

He'd rather give Sambou a go, or bring in someone he knows, imo.

hamil99

Facebook User
Did hear couple of months back that he was going to get michu from some french league 3 team who hes playing for now but not heard anything more about it since.

Just had a look and you were right about him playing in the lower leagues but its in Spain, UP Langreo (according to wiki!!!) which is the fourth tier. What a fall from grace for that fella. If he could find his form (and stay injury free) he surely could do a job here!

mechaishida

Or we could just play Tudgay off Arma, give that a shot. With Madders and Ruben in the first 11, Arma will thrive off the through balls, but Tudgay is a cool head and an intelligent no.10.

Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread