Just a thought, Is Bad Press good for SISU? (1 Viewer)

Skybluedar

People are going on endlessly about the damage to SISU's reputation and how bad all the protesting and exposure is for them. I just wondered though, in real terms, what effects the exposure really does have on them.

Here is a few reasons why:

- The current state of the economic climate is not one that would urge people to invest money with any company, let alone SISU, so I wouldn't anticipate that any sudden change that the exposure will make to that.
- It is already clear that they are making annual losses, so that itself would already give an obvious indicator to any potential investors that they were not to be trusted with their funds.
- Nobody knows anything about the funds that are invested in Coventry City, ie. are they bonds, have the investors tied their money in for X number of years with the idea of getting a return in say 5 years (which I would assume is the case).

So taking these points into consideration, do SISU really have a reputation to lose? Or do they have anything more to lose than just the money that they are spending each month to keep us afloat? If that is the case then they can really play hardball all they like. Keys made a desperate plea on BBC the other night. It sounds to me as if SISU will show no remorse no matter what is done in the media, at the ground etc etc. They have nothing left to lose and hence selling players to even trim pounds of their debts is what they will do. And the less Revenue that they get from say, sales of shirts, season tickets etc, is probably just going to amount to one more player that they need to sell to make up the difference.

My point here is not to support or back SISU as I hate the foul shower of vermin, however I am just concerned that they may not need to worry about any bad press as I don't think that things can get any worse for them. It can get a whole lot worse for our beloved Sky Blues and that is the problem. We can only pray to be rescued before we end up suffering the same fate as Darlington. There are those that say, it won't happen to us. If it can happen to Darlington, it can happen to us. And SISU sound like just the company that would have no problem is seeing it go this way.

wingy

I can see what you're getting at ,but i think theres one major flaw in your view ,which is no matter how bad we think /are told the economic situation is around the globe ,times like these are massive for speculation ,theres an industial revolution going on on the other side of the globe,plenty of deals to do ,it might not seem like it with the hit the average man is having to take ,but the wealthy see times like these as golden .If you look at the banking world ,what an utter ffup ,bailed out by me you and every other tax payer.this is what our fans need to get,Sisu have performed pretty much as the banks ,totally inept ,but why should anyone bail them out ,tha ts why its worthwhile to shout from the rooftops of mayfair docklands et al and hasten their exit,because ,secondly they're not funding our losses ,CCfcAsset sales are ,which in turn reduces our capability to compete,which wil lgo on ad finitum until theres no-one /nothing left just a carcus ,then they will go.

Users who are viewing this thread