Just a thought bout the striker situation. (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Correct me if I'm wrong but Robins going public bout Madine seemed out if character. He usually seems to be quite quiet bout dealings. But with the article bout extra finishing training and him highlighting the fact we aren't finishing enough chances, was the Madine article just put out there to get in the strikers heads? Make them think they need to come up wit that extra 5%? Seemed to work tonight if that's the case.

covcity4life

Correct me if I'm wrong but Robins going public bout Madine seemed out if character. He usually seems to be quite quiet bout dealings. But with the article bout extra finishing training and him highlighting the fact we aren't finishing enough chances, was the Madine article just put out there to get in the strikers heads? Make them think they need to come up wit that extra 5%? Seemed to work tonight if that's the case.

could be something in it. interesting

No1SkyBlueFan

Because anyone can edit wikipedia and make it believable. Mind you it must of worked from the performance we did today.

RichieGunns

Have you ever played football ? properly ?

Are you talking to me BRRM?

In school yes.

But I'm a professional actor and I'm observant! I notice things because that's how I've been trained!

All it takes is one choice remark (like "I'm defiantely interested in Madine") linked closely to another comment (like "We've been doing a lot of work on their finishing as their finishing isn't up to scratch") and hey presdo, your players are thinking "Crap me if I don't start putting that ball in the back of the net, he's gonna bring in another striker and I might end up on the bench".

Motivation is key in any profession, including football!

rupert_bear

Think Robins sees Clark and Madine as strikers who can get us out of this shite division and be good enough for next season should we do. And i think he;s right

BackRoomRummermill

Are you talking to me BRRM?

In school yes.

But I'm a professional actor and I know mind games when I see them!

All it takes is one choice remark (like "I'm defiantely interested in Madine") linked closely to another comment (like "We've been doing a lot of work on their finishing as their finishing isn't up to scratch") and hey presdo, your players are thinkg "Crap me if I don't start putting that ball in the back of the net, he's gonna bring in another striker and I might end up on the bench".

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

It's what I like about Robins - he recognises that a manager can take training, pick team, look for formations, make substitutions but once the players start the game they are on their own. He is trying to get a team of winners, won today without Bailey who is probably our most complete player!

woody11462

Think Robins sees Clark and Madine as strikers who can get us out of this shite division and be good enough for next season should we do. And i think he;s right

I don't doubt he's looking at strikers because we are short there, just thought he'd be a bit more discrete bout it. He may be looking at Madine, has scored regularly in this league.

yes friken please...we would have chance of autos still with him! he would be good abckup to clarke hehe

Wouldn't have King back, he turned his back on us and has to take part of the blame for our demise to lower league football :jerkit:.........................Now Goldie is a different prospect, have him back tomorrow

VegetableSamosa

Wouldn't have King back, he turned his back on us and has to take part of the blame for our demise to lower league football :jerkit:.........................Now Goldie is a different prospect, have him back tomorrow

I can't hate King man. He'd just got out of prison, his reputation was shot and he took the best contract that'd provide for his future and his family. I can appreciate the irony that that completely backfired on him.

Users who are viewing this thread