Just a thought about next season..... (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Which are the guidelines that would prevent games being played? Be good to know what restrictions have to be lifted to realistically allow a restart.

You have to keep two metres apart?

chiefdave

You have to keep two metres apart?
In the government guidance under social distancing in the workplace it says keep apart where possible. There's loads of people currently at work who can't maintain social distancing in the workplace, social media is full of people complaining they aren't being kept safe at work.
The advice on social distancing measures applies to everyone and should be followed wherever possible.
Obviously not saying we should start back up again tomorrow as it has to be safe for all involved but I don't think there's anything in the guidelines preventing games resuming as it would be classed as work - not like they can work from home!

It will be down to the EFL, always a lottery when they're being relied on to decide anything, and presumably the PFA or the players themselves would have to give it the OK. Public opinion will also be a factor, that's what led to the league being suspended and I'm sure if fans felt players were being risked by a rushed return they'd make their feelings known.

Nick

Administrator
I'm pretty sure a group of 20 footballers outside on a football pitch who all get tested are safer than somebody on a checkout.

Mcbean

looking at banning spitting which personally i am in favour of ( banning that is) but i understand that this type of exercise creates spittle ( never played football for 90 mins) only pub sport

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Even if players can play - which under present guidelines they can’t - lower level teams just can’t play behind closed doors and survive. It’s like a pub being allowed to open and not allowed customers in.

Not exactly. Because they can get revenue via streaming etc and also won't potentially forfeit any monies/sponsorship from non-played games.

So it's more like allowing the pubs allowed to open but can only do home delivery.

Sky Blue Harry H

Even if players can play - which under present guidelines they can’t - lower level teams just can’t play behind closed doors and survive. It’s like a pub being allowed to open and not allowed customers in.

Clubs should hopefully be able to survive the current season with ifollow income (albeit some may be up against the wall in terms of finance), but next season will be a different kettle of fish. As others have mooted, there may be a lot of unemployed footballers next season - certainly players are likely to have to drop down the leagues as clubs look to slash their budgets.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

looking at banning spitting which personally i am in favour of ( banning that is) but i understand that this type of exercise creates spittle ( never played football for 90 mins) only pub sport

Although I understand it I was one of those players who would have to regularly spit because of phlegm build up. If I had to go a whole game without doing it I'd be unable to breathe.

Grendel

Not exactly. Because they can get revenue via streaming etc and also won't potentially forfeit any monies/sponsorship from non-played games.

So it's more like allowing the pubs allowed to open but can only do home delivery.

Streamlng will get negligible interest at low levels and the amount clubs get from it will be a tiny proportion of revenue - the PL will largely be unaffected

Skyblueweeman

How can you possibly know that ?
The only certainty with regard to this virus are the things that have already happened
‘And even with those’ we aren’t completely sure.
How it will behave and effect our daily lives in the future isn’t known ‘and all predictions,
Theory’s and forecast’s are just educated guesses really.

As mentioned, I obviously don't know for certain...like anyone saying it isn't going to happen.

My thoughts...I think we'll be playing in June.

Users who are viewing this thread