just a idea (1 Viewer)

jackmartin

we all know how our club has been spilt into differant fans bases,some anti sisu some pro some anti cc anti acl etc etc and we seem to have differant groups saying do this protest do that protest but nothing really seems to happen apart from the big march we did before the start of the season,we now have a great chance to do something all together on may the 4th as the ricoh will be open for a game between armed forces xi and some ex players some coventry legends,this would be a great chance to pack the ricoh out and we could do a sit in after the game or a protest by jimmy hill or even march to city hall before or after the game,i just think this could be a great chance for us to all get behind the one thing we all want and that is coventry city football club back in the city[h=2]Armed Forces XI take on Recently Retired LegendsSunday 4th May 2014
[/h]

skybluetony176

It would be a great excuse to get together. I'm not interested in protesting inside the ground, given the good cause it's for. But something outside before or after the match is a good idea. Whether by Jimmy Hill or in the city centre.

skybluejelly

The problem here is that even when we had home gates of 12000.. And had sisu out meetings at Jimmy's statue before the games .. You were still lucky to get 50 people to turn up.. I am pretty sure those same 50 would turn up come hell or high water it's the other 11950 you won't get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

Latest info about this game.. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/former-coventry-city-captain-kevin-7027021

Ireland international joins Dion Dublin, Darren Huckerby and Lee Carsley for Help for Heroes match

Former Sky Blues captain Kevin Kilbane will play in a charity football match at the Ricoh Arena to raise money for a military charity.

Kilbane will line up alongside former Sky Blues Dion Dublin, Darren Huckerby, Lee Carsley and Matt Jansen for the game on Sunday, May 4, to raise money for UK military charity Help for Heroes.

Former Premier League star Benito Carbone has now also joined a Legends Team, which will face a British Defence Medical Services team, during the event named Football for Heroes.

Others taking part include former Everton defender Alan Stubbs, as well as former Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu.

Former Republic of Ireland international Kilbane notched 110 caps and played over 600 games for teams including West Bromwich Albion, Sunderland and Everton across a career spanning 17 years.

Carbone is best known in England for his 96 games with Sheffield Wednesday, scoring 25 goals for the Owls during his three seasons at Hillsborough.

The Italian also played 42 times for Bradford City and featured for Aston Villa, Derby County and Middlesbrough during his time in English Football.

Tickets for the match can be purchased in advance for just £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s, with further discounts available for family and student tickets.

Anyone wishing to secure a seat can visit www.footballforheroes.co.uk

TBF there are a few good reasons to not support H4H over the RBL, notably that a greater % of donations are swallowed up by staff salaries & admin costs.

I'll still be going to the game though as I really want to see Dion play again!

oscillatewildly

The armed forces 'XI' isn't just the football team. That is the actual number we currently have serving after two decades of various government cutbacks. For the sake of the nations security, Legends please time your tackles well on Sunday.

Samo

Nope, can't help myself, it's AN ffs, AN idea! (Well it matters to me!)

Users who are viewing this thread