Junior Brown (1 Viewer)

higgs

Are we still paying this guy's wages?
Does he even train with the first team squad anymore?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Madness really, is he on a good deal here that nobody else will match?

Obviously been a fall out

Esoterica

Given his stock was pretty high when we signed him I bet he's on a fair whack too which is probably the reason we've had issues moving him on.

no_loyalty

Not even playing for the under 23's, hopefully cancel his contract by mutual consent.

chiefdave

Bit weird, there's not even been the usual rumours about him being a pisshead or troublemaker.

fatso

I did hear he had a fall out with MR, but not sure what about, probably something about not being allowed to have a shot at goal I'd imagine.

PeterNdlovu14

The season prior to us signing him he did well in a good Shrewsbury team but didn't he also sustain a bad injury?

Secondly Mason has come in and is steadily improving. McCallum looks a good prospect; from a business perspective it makes sense to free the pathway for Mason and McCallum to compete bearing in mind they are younger and will have a higher potential value to cash in on.

better days

It's a strange one
I believe there was a club interested in taking him in pre season but they were rebuffed as it was felt Brown would be more involved this season
It's obviously not worked out that way though

ccfc1234

Bit weird, there's not even been the usual rumours about him being a pisshead or troublemaker.
As I think his absence is related to his ability or lack of in relation to Mason and we have an up and coming youngster also.
Surly if we pay 30% of his wages to get the other 70% off the books it would be good business?

higgs

I thought we had signed the best left back in the division and no doubt he is being paid accordingly. Surely someone would take him on loan to get some of the wages off the books himself and ogogo turned out to be disastrous signings

Liquid Gold

Been loads of rumours about him being disruptive in the dressing room. I heard that he was pissing people off and moaning about stuff almost immediately after arriving.

rob9872

Back from serious injury and on high wages. It didn't work out, sometimes it doesn't, bit he has a contract and if nobody matches it, i can't blame him. Need to agree a pay off tbf. Thats life, no grudges. No disruption either from what I heard. Shame as i had high hopes. Same for Ogogo really.

stevefloyd

It wouldnt be the same unless we had someone at the club who was paid for doing fuck all...ie stuart beavon junior brown julian gray etc

rob9872

It wouldnt be the same unless we had someone at the club who was paid for doing fuck all...ie stuart beavon junior brown julian gray etc
Yeah but in Gray and Brown we currently have two of them

oucho

himself and Ogogo turned out to be disastrous signings

That's putting a bit strongly in both cases, particularly Brown's!

Plenty of time for us to start putting these rumours about!!!

Grendel

That's your opinion. I respect that. But I don't agree.

Based on what? He looked poor last season. Brown would given his game experience clearly be s better option

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think much to McCallum times I’ve see him play even at under 23 level he seems very average always has a mistake in him,Brown is the better player from the 2 agreed at different stages of their careers.
Mark Robins was hinting at the kit launch do that Mason will really have to be on the top of his game to keep McCallum out this season. He obviously rates him. When he played last season you could see the potential he has even though he was a bit rocky at times.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Based on what? He looked poor last season. Brown would given his game experience clearly be s better option
A tad harsh, there were a few games where he looked decent. He also had 1 or two where he looked poor. Would be naive to suggest he's ahead of Brown for sure, but I've seen enough to suggest there is ability there, just needs to find consistency.

Hobo

Mark Robins was hinting at the kit launch do that Mason will really have to be on the top of his game to keep McCallum out this season. He obviously rates him. When he played last season you could see the potential he has even though he was a bit rocky at times.

Nothing like a manager trying to motivate two players is there.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don’t think much to McCallum times I’ve see him play even at under 23 level he seems very average always has a mistake in him,Brown is the better player from the 2 agreed at different stages of their careers.

He is very raw, but he hasn't come from an established academy so that's arguably to be expected.

MR clearly thinks highly of him and wants him to develop, but I think he needs to time in the U23 than first team to do that. I certainly can't see the reason why he's being fast-tracked towards the first team ahead of Brown at this moment in time, unless there is some other underlying reason.

better days

He is very raw, but he hasn't come from an established academy so that's arguably to be expected.

MR clearly thinks highly of him and wants him to develop, but I think he needs to time in the U23 than first team to do that. I certainly can't see the reason why he's being fast-tracked towards the first team ahead of Brown at this moment in time, unless there is some other underlying reason.
McCallum is only 18 so naturally he's still learning the game, especially the defensive side
He's very athletic, has decent pace and gets up and down the field
Expect a lot of interest from clubs higher up the pyramid once he establishes himself

cc84cov

McCallum is only 18 so naturally he's still learning the game, especially the defensive side
Expect a lot of interest from clubs higher up the pyramid once he establishes himself
Good point 18 years old still we must remember

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That's sort of the point I was making - he's still very young and being fast tracked towards the first team ahead of Brown at this point in time when he needs to develop both physically and tactically doesn't seem like the best course of action to me.

I'm not saying he doesn't have potential or ability, I just think he needs some edges knocking off in the U23 for a bit yet. I expect him to only play the occasional part in the first team with Mason being used predominantly, but if Mason got injured I'm not sure what route MR would go.

higgs

Must be something going on behind the scenes with brown it just doesn't make sense

Users who are viewing this thread