Julien Dacosta - CONFIRMED (2 Viewers)

mark82

Gunnarson and Dolemaux (sic) were decent. That french midfielder wasn’t too bad either. Championship signings. You do tend to look abroad at “our level”.

Edit - beaten to it!

So much cheaper for a foreign player with the equivalent skills than an English one. Pretty much add an extra zero if buying from a fellow championship club (or a top league 1 player).

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It's a bit Niorty to be publishing unverified rumours such as these. More suited to coffee shop chat...

TTG

He can also play LB, so mabye try to push both dabo and mason. Doubt Dabo is leaving as he is trying to buy a house in leam!

cc84cov

Be surprised if we went back in for Giles. I imagine he didn't play much for a reason.
We had a solid settled back line was always gonna be difficult for him to break into the side,says a lot about mason tho as he was then behind Giles I can see mason leaving also

Warwickhunt

I guess it's fine as long as it's not a sign of Dabo leaving. Still feel strongly we need to strengthen up front.
Sign of where we are at! Dabo in League 1 valued at between £750.000 to £1 million - in the Championship valued at 12.5 million

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think the long term plan might be to move Hyam into the middle of Rose and Pask. Great to have McFadz around to backup/revert if it doesn't work out as well as planned.

I agree. Fadz as back up this season with the intention of getting Williams and Drysdale ready to step up as cover and eventually challenge for first team.

Warwickhunt

Be surprised if we went back in for Giles. I imagine he didn't play much for a reason.
Probably a condition from Norwich that Mccallum had to play all games because of the loan back.

Alkhen

Bit pointless but I've been looking at some past transfer activity of successful championship teams. Leicester built over a few years but their biggest hits are probably within our ballpark. Just takes good scouting. They got Mahrez for 450k from the French 2nd division. Sold him for 60 million Vardy was 1.1m from the lower leagues.

TTG

Bit pointless but I've been looking at some past transfer activity of successful championship teams. Leicester built over a few years but their biggest hits are probably within our ballpark. Just takes good scouting. They got Mahrez for 450k from the French 2nd division. Sold him for 60 million Vardy was 1.1m from the lower leagues.
It's definitely doable on a big scale, we have proven time and time again we can in l1 and 2

hamil99

Facebook User

The system Robins has put in placing regarding recruitment seems to be providing more hits than misses, and always within our budget constraints.

The championship is a different ball game, in regards to footballing ability and budget. Even taking those facts into consideration I fully believe in what Robins has setup and that his recruitment will be clinical and fully researched (with maybe a gamble like Kastaneer thrown in) this summer.

I think Robins's past forays into the championship with other teams will have taught him what is needed to succeed in that league. He comes across to me as a man who learns from his mistakes. Hopefully his turbulent times at other clubs is to our benefit.

Sky Blue Pete

Someone earned their money with mahrez

TTG

Wonder how much people would pay to see Liam Kelly's meat? Could fund a bit I recon

Brighton Sky Blue

Also in fairness, the Thais subsidised some huge losses before they learned their lesson in the market.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wonder how much people would pay to see Liam Kelly's meat? Could fund a bit I recon

I can definitely see that becoming the focus of a chant for him next season.

"Kelly, show us ya meat! Kelly, Kelly, show us ya meat!"

"Get your meat out, get your meat out, get your meat out for the lads!"

Users who are viewing this thread