Juke (1 Viewer)

Otis

Some strikers take a shot first time in the box, some need an extra touch.

Juke seems to want to take four or five extra touches.

Until he gets that out of his system he is never going to be a goalscorer of any note.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thought he was poor today by his standards, and that's not counting the pen miss. Just looked knackered from the start. Nothing really came off, and he wasn't great in the air. His only really great moment was the run and shot with his right, and I guess earning the pen. We need options and competition-he never had great stamina anyway, and should not be an automatic first choice for 90 mins every week, but we are where we are. I'd have brought Roy on for him after 70 mins in a hope that he's a bit fresher for Blackpool.

Marty

Until he gets that out of his system he is never going to be a goalscorer of any note.

Agreed, there was a chance in the 2nd half where he just kept twisting and turning before losing the ball, he would of been better just hitting it first time.

Sutty

I thought he was excellent today actually. Made several storming runs, tested the keeper a few times, and generally had to craft out chances himself.

stupot07

I think we have to remember he is still young - he reminds me a bit of Leon Best when he first joined, it's a mixture of technique and confidence. You look at someone like Shearer and he would rarely have more than one touch. He would also often shoot early catching keepers before they were set properly.

He's got a decent shot on him, so with a bit more coaching he can definitely improve and become a decent goalscorer.

Otis

Agreed, there was a chance in the 2nd half where he just kept twisting and turning before losing the ball, he would of been better just hitting it first time.

Ahh, opinions! I have rated his performances all season long thus far but thought he was poor today.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought he did well! That chance he had where he ran from middle of our half right to the edge of the box, and made the keeper pull off a very good stop was one of the best chances ive seen him create. Yes he does need to improve his finishing, but is he not creating more chances for himself and others now?? I think he is. His play has come on leaps and bounds since his debut, and he was again one of the better performers today (although i believe there werent too many poor performances today)

pusbccfc

Has some superb runs battles well and wins 10 times more in the air than platt, just doesn't shoot.
i don't know who was there at nuneaton but his shooting was sublime in pre match scored 14 out of 15 He just needs to shoot early and prove he has a good shot!

Nonleagueherewecome

Doing it in a warm up is different. What he lacks is composure-that is only examined in a game situation when the pressure is on. Everyone forgets the couple of great chances he missed versus Derby because we won. And I really thought his all-round game was lacklustre today-whereas he'd impressed me with that up until now. Hopefully it was just an off day, but I think he's been flogged into the ground somewhat and needs a rest perhaps. Seeing as that might involve Platt playing, I suppose we'd better stick with him!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Has some superb runs battles well and wins 10 times more in the air than platt, just doesn't shoot.
i don't know who was there at nuneaton but his shooting was sublime in pre match scored 14 out of 15 He just needs to shoot early and prove he has a good shot!

The power he got behind those shots that day was crazy!! Saying that he got power behind his penalty today, but wasnt as successful!

ashbyjan

Needs to work on shooting with his right foot, too often tries to get it onto his stronger left and defenders know this and read it. Needs to shoot earlier and have more confidence, doesn't need to burst the net with every shot - first priority is get shot away second is get it on Target, take it early and keeper cannot set himself and better chance of scoring.

Nonleagueherewecome

But that's exactly what he used to do in his first season, and he always missed by miles or hit the woodwork!

johnwillomagic

I think Juke is a very hard working player but in my eyes will always flatter to decieve....efoort does not equal ability. I could be wrong but if you deduct pens form Juke's goal accounts the much maligned Platt will have probably contributed more goals and assists in open play.

Saw Platt & Juke play very well together against Bristol City, may be worth trying that for Blackpool game and give Cody a break from the firing line? Good to see McSheffrey performing well at last! :claping hands:pusb.

wingy

Was'nt himself today ,got better when Platt came on working from wide ,ref was shit ,priskin had arms over his shoulders in every aerial duel ,only getting penalised once near the end doing the same on someone else

Couldn't understand why the Juke kept drifting out to the flanks all the time it surely nullified his presence in the middle up front and much reduced our goalscoring potential.

Both fullbacks were bombing down respective wings - Juke should have been in the middle waiting to pounce.

PUSB

TommyAtkins

Juke is never going to be the goal-poacher; he isn't that sort of player.

PVA

I thought Juke was excellent. He continues to impress me and I can see why he is attracting interest from bigger and better clubs. He looks twice the player that joined us last summer.

Admittedly his finishing is poor, but the rest of his game is superb.

Lord_Nampil

His finishing needs to be ironed out just like Best had too! The problem with him at the moment is he is trying to do everything on his own when some times he needs just lift his head up and look what's round him, that saying that players need to help him as well! Would have been motm yesterday if he put the pen away, sadly te pressure got to him!

Chipfat

From what im hearing the club are still very much in talks with Boro and are keen to do a deal, the fee regarding loan and transfer is the hold up as we want money for both instead of total in Jan.... Could be a bad couple of weeks for CCFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not from Cov this is Boro info as was my Parnaby post weeks before telegraph got hold of the story...

pusbccfc

From what im hearing the club are still very much in talks with Boro and are keen to do a deal, the fee regarding loan and transfer is the hold up as we want money for both instead of total in Jan.... Could be a bad couple of weeks for CCFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not from Cov this is Boro info as was my Parnaby post weeks before telegraph got hold of the story...

If they give us emmnes in a swap then it maybe considered;)

wingy

reckon he'll be a Norwich player next season ,think thats how we got Cody Thorns made the comment a few times that Duke will play in the prem

Nonleagueherewecome

I can see why fans like him-I do: he battles, he's strong, usually good in the air (not yesterday), usually good at holding ball up with back to goal and bringing teamates in (wasn't yesterday), and capable of lung-bursting runs like the one yesterday (which was pretty much all he did of consequence all game until the pen).

So I do rate him, but he had a poor game yesterday and I'm amazed that anyone would consider him our MOTM. He doesn't have great stamina, and he's played eery minute. Look at him before the pen-he was absolutely knackered! In particular he hit a couple of atrocious tired-looking crosses from the left yesterday that hit the first man.

But even when on song, he is not a natural goalscorer-he's a number 10 centre-forward, a target man who is best with ball into feet, not a number 9. That is an invaluable type of player, particularly in English football, and he is young with potential-hence AT's "He will play in the Premiership one day". That and bigging up his confidence-rather than a statement of a link with Norwich!

Mr T - Sukka!

He looks like he needs 15 chances to score 1 goal. Im not knocking him as he is a tryer. He is no Marlon King who was a natural goalscorer.

If a good offer came in in January i would sell.

1) It will allow SISU to use the money to buy a natural goal scorer. (If one can be found at the right price)
2) It may keep CCFC aflot a little while longer. Money could be an issue in January.

tomreagna

From what I've seen I think his hold up play is first rate, he's strong, got good feet and brings other people into the game well. Unfortunately I don't see him as a natural finisher.

As has been pointed out elsewhere he's young and will improve, but I'm not sure finishing chances is something you can teach, hope I'm wrong.

I see him as a Championship level Emile Heskey. I genuinely don't mean that as an insult, I think with a more predatory partner he will be superb for us. He showed this with King last year. We just have to hope that Cody, Freddy or Rory can prove themselves to be Championship level. Reading back that last sentence, we do seem to be over-reliant on players whose names end in the letter "y", could we do with some more variety? Other teams must see us coming!

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed on most that but it's Roy, not Rory. Sorry to blow your theory!

Otis

From what I've seen I think his hold up play is first rate, he's strong, got good feet and brings other people into the game well. Unfortunately I don't see him as a natural finisher.

As has been pointed out elsewhere he's young and will improve, but I'm not sure finishing chances is something you can teach, hope I'm wrong.

I see him as a Championship level Emile Heskey. I genuinely don't mean that as an insult, I think with a more predatory partner he will be superb for us. He showed this with King last year. We just have to hope that Cody, Freddy or Rory can prove themselves to be Championship level. Reading back that last sentence, we do seem to be over-reliant on players whose names end in the letter "y", could we do with some more variety? Other teams must see us coming!

Thing is, as a striker you can't keep trying to take extra touches when you have the ball at your feet in the penalty box. You get a sniff of goal in that circumstance then you take a pot-shot. Not sure you can teach this as it appears to be a natural instinct in goalscorers.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Going from the radio and the extended highlights there wasn't much of juke on Saturday, unlike against ipshit where he seemed to win everything in the air (apart from the fact the rest of the team played shit). I can't believe the penalty miss though, all his others have been nice controlled efforts into the corners and then in the last kick of the game on Saturday he decides to see how hard he can hit the bloody thing :facepalm:

Going from the radio and the extended highlights there wasn't much of juke on Saturday, unlike against ipshit where he seemed to win everything in the air (apart from the fact the rest of the team played shit). I can't believe the penalty miss though, all his others have been nice controlled efforts into the corners and then in the last kick of the game on Saturday he decides to see how hard he can hit the bloody thing :facepalm:

He won plenty of headers, but Young Ronald wasn't there to pick up the flick on's. Juke seemed to do very well to me, but again when he was looking for Ronald in the box to lay it off he found himself alone and surrounded by defenders.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Juke had a decent game, worked hard got in a few attempts and good link play. Wasnt one of his better days but he didnt seem to have much support. Dont see how him playing wide left increases our goal threat though - surely we dont want him crossing the balls in, we need him on the end of the crosses!

Users who are viewing this thread