Juke going a potential godsend? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Really rate the bloke but what we had with him was what we had with Clinton Morrison, and that is him being all over the pitch, on the wings, chasing the ball and not being where we want him to be half the time, namely in and around the box.

What you get with Platt is a more rigid structure of a player holding his position, therefore Nimely could play much closer to his strike partner and was able to sniff out the knock on's and little flicks.

As I say, I rated Juke, but he never truly gelled alongside any strike partner. Okay, sure we didn't have Nimely, but I do think it is all about strike partners playing much tighter and closer together and when Platt and Juke played together there wasn't the cohesion and understanding we had today.

Maybe this indeed could be a godsend.

Paxman II

I think Platt for 65 minutes is better in the air than Juke - more accurate and a handful. Juke though he score a few most times with the chances he had should have hit more. hard working centre forward but not someone who will get that much better for me. A bit like the Leon best scenario. But that's football. Platt though is not the answer long term and I only hope Nimely can reproduce what he seems capable of week in week out. McSheffrey looks like the player we all know when he has another quick paced player alongside him making some of the runs like Nimely did today.

Otis

With Juke our shape was all over the place as he would be drifting out to the wings and leaving us bereft in the middle. Platt holds the line. We could do with another in the same mold.

Paxman II

You must be pleased Otis that Thorn seemed to get his tactics right today? taking Deagan off and avoiding a red card which could have swung the game was a good move seeing how this ref is a red card merchant doubt Deagan would have got safely thru the 2nd half.

My only concern was when they brought 3 on and changed to 3-3-3 and we did not respond to it. felt we needed another midfielder on then to stop them getting on the ball.

Otis

Yeah. Though Thorn got just about everything spot-on. The Deegan thing was the right decision and playing 3 up front I think caught Boro on the back foot.

I too would have liked to see a further sub to counteract their 3. If nothing else, it gave their team 3 sets of fresh legs and helped them maintain the tempo for them.

Users who are viewing this thread