Judging players (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Marc mcnulty has scored the most goals for the club in a season since Hudson in the 60s and yet gets less praise than biamou .
It really is bizarre

Astute

Marc mcnulty has scored the most goals for the club in a season since Hudson in the 60s and yet gets less praise than biamou .
It really is bizarre
McNulty got called shit before he started scoring goals.

Biamou got called shit before he started scoring goals. And a few still do it. So most of it is about defending Biamou.

luwalla

Id be interested to see Max's goals per minutes played stats in the last 10 matches say... he has definitely become more effective the last couple of months. I bet it it aint far off a decent goals per minute ratio... maybe some assist in there for McNulty too.

any stato's with time on their hands !?

Grendel

McNulty has scored the second most goals in any of the 4 divisions since January

xcraigx

Id be interested to see Max's goals per minutes played stats in the last 10 matches say... he has definitely become more effective the last couple of months. I bet it it aint far off a decent goals per minute ratio... maybe some assist in there for McNulty too.

any stato's with time on their hands !?

428 minutes, 6 goals. So 1 every 71 minutes at the moment. Shame about the rest of the season but moving from non league to league football is a big step up and presumably can take time to adjust to.

luwalla

428 minutes, 6 goals. So 1 every 71 minutes at the moment. Shame about the rest of the season but moving from non league to league football is a big step up and presumably can take time to adjust to.
Wow, that’s pretty good right? I know it’s a condesed stat, but still over 10 games is a decent enough stretch and shows an decent upturn in form

I wonder if he has started to pick up tips from McNulty as well as confidence...

wingy

Going to go overboard here and wonder If we have found a Ricky Lambert (Southampton), Grant Holt Rochdale,Forest, Norwich lower league.
Similar age bracket to when they took off?

Grendel

Wow, that’s pretty good right? I know it’s a condesed stat, but still over 10 games is a decent enough stretch and shows an decent upturn in form

I wonder if he has started to pick up tips from McNulty as well as confidence...

He didn’t score in his previous nine games before that

luwalla

He didn’t score in his previous nine games before that
exactly.. If he had, then it wouldn't be be the major change in form that we are discussing!

EDIT : just had a look at the 9 matches before & also seems the majority of them he came on with 10-15 minutes to go

Last edited:

xcraigx

exactly.. If he had, then it wouldn't be be the major change in form that we are discussing!

EDIT : just had a look at the 9 matches before & also seems the majority of them he came on with 10-15 minutes to go

365 minutes i think so 4 full games.

Irish Sky Blue

This is just so wrong.

The vast majority mention the mistakes made by Burge. And then you have his usually poor distribution. But I can't think of anyone who doesn't mention the good saves he makes. Some of them after one of the mistakes he makes.

Or are we not allowed to point out weak spots on players anymore?

Even the Exeter supporters are asking if we still have that dodgy keeper. And if you were at that game you would know why.

But whatever he does wrong there are people ready to defend him.

He fully gets my backing when on the pitch. But I shit myself every time the ball comes into our area. But he finally seems to be getting better.
There have been loads of posts that criticise him and give him no credit at all, simply saying how bad he is. Criticising players in a constructive way I would have no problem with. Burge however, along with the other two, is a whipping boy for some, who can never do right. He was even blamed by at least one poster for the goal McDonald gave away against Stevenage.
I was at the Exeter away game and saw his blunder, one of a few he has made this season. As mentioned by several posters, if he made no mistakes, he wouldn’t be in this league.

Users who are viewing this thread