judgement (1 Viewer)

stupot07

But I would take a guess on games played wood will have played more championship games than most League 1 defenders. Also more than Keogh and Cranie might I add.

And what league are they playing in now?

SkyBlue_Bear83

But our defense isn't particular proven, Clarke and hussey are still learning, Brown is a novice and Wood has never managed to particular claim a regular first team spot at CB in a poor side.
Wood has played over 250 championship games for Sheff Wed and Coventry

Point taken on Clarke and Hussey but they have nearly 100 championship appearances between them now and I have seen enough of them at championship level to think they will do very well in this league

Brown is a novice agreed but we also have Cameron who is young himself but has proved himself vs many championship strikers over the last two seasons

Grendel

And what league are they playing in now?

Cranie was told he would not get in Leeds first team so I would guess he is at best a player capable of playing in a poor championship team.
As for Keogh only time will tell.
However the initial post said we are a strong defence which you took issue with on lack of games played. On that basis you would still have concerns if Cranie and Keogh were still here as wood has more experience then both.
On paper including the goalkeeper whose defence is superior to ours.

stupot07

Cranie was told he would not get in Leeds first team so I would guess he is at best a player capable of playing in a poor championship team.
As for Keogh only time will tell.
However the initial post said we are a strong defence which you took issue with on lack of games played. On that basis you would still have concerns if Cranie and Keogh were still here as wood has more experience then both.
On paper including the goalkeeper whose defence is superior to ours.

No my point abou inexperience/lack of games was towards Clarke, hussey and brown. My point about Wood was that he hadn't established himself as number 1 or 2 choice CB in te last couple of years.

The whole on paper thing 3 of the back 5 are very inexperienced. I'm sure there's some Wiley defenders in league one, we got Fox and Dann from a poor league one side and they looked better than experienced players (how many PL games had Marcus Hall played?). In fact they were our two best players. Teirney has looked good in the PL for Norwich - he came from Colchester.

Users who are viewing this thread