Jude Bellingham (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

played a few times for Brum, now going to Borussia Dortmund for a reported £23m. How much would players we've sold in the last few years have gone for if we'd been in the Championship? Most on here always reckon we undersell, so maybe some of them are right.

Mr Panda

I think we'd have commanded a much higher fee for someone like Maddison for example. But Jude Bellingham is unique in that he's 17, intelligent beyond his years (in footballing terms), physically developed in a way I will never reach even as someone 11 years his senior. He's only going to get bigger, stronger and faster.

He's in a different category to people like Tom Bayliss.

Magwitch

Bloody hell he’s only just turned 17 too, what this deal has done has put up values of similar aged proteges at clubs. Game has gone mad.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Bloody hell he’s only just turned 17 too, what this deal has done has put up values of similar aged proteges at clubs. Game has gone mad.

Not really Bellingham is unique, the £20 million rising to £30 million will be a drop in the ocean when he’s sold for x3 that amount further down the line.

The support base round him is unbelievable and injury preventing this lad will have one of helluva career both at club and internationally.

Keep an eye out for his younger brother Jobe who’s 15.

Evo1883

played a few times for Brum, now going to Borussia Dortmund for a reported £23m. How much would players we've sold in the last few years have gone for if we'd been in the Championship? Most on here always reckon we undersell, so maybe some of them are right.

Well we'd have got roughly what norwich sold maddison for, and callum Wilson would have demanded a much larger fee. Probably missed out on a good 15 - 25 million

Liquid Gold

Well we'd have got roughly what norwich sold maddison for, and callum Wilson would have demanded a much larger fee. Probably missed out on a good 15 - 25 million
Or, we kept hold of Wilson and Maddison in an attempt to sell them in the Championship and folded because our outgoings dwarfed our incomings.

skyblueelephant76

It's not just about being in the championship, they have to play well there too. For every Maddison and Wilson there is a Stevenson, Harries and Thomas who've never progressed.

Bayliss is another. I know he's had injuries this season but even when he was fit he was struggling to even make the bench at Preston. £2m is currently looking like a good deal.

shmmeee

Been a decade since we sold Wilson

She wouldn’t let us fold then either. We’ve been loss making since she took over and exist entirely at her behest. While she’d lose more than she’s put in we’re safe IMHO.

Not disagreeing about the sales BTW, I support the transfer policy 100%.

Magwitch

Not really Bellingham is unique, the £20 million rising to £30 million will be a drop in the ocean when he’s sold for x3 that amount further down the line.

The support base round him is unbelievable and injury preventing this lad will have one of helluva career both at club and internationally.

There are scouts at our academy games all the time looking for the gem player who can be sold on, there is a transfer network even at under 16 level. Behind the glamour it’s a harsh world and top clubs paying 50/100 grand for a young hopeful is chicken feed but 23million is mind boggling.

Liquid Gold

Didn't realise decades were measured in six year intervals
Feels like a lot longer than that
This has seriously blown my mind a little bit. Ricoh return, Presley losing it, Reda's piss, having all those shit Bournemouth loans, Mowbray keeping us up, Maddison coming though, Armstrong, Kent and Murphy, Armstrong being sold, running away with the league, wheels falling right off, Fortunè, Mowbray trying to sign Championship players and ending up with Dre Wright, not winning in. 10, Mowbray resining, Venus the saviour, Slade the saviour, Robins return, Chacktrade final, League two relegation, FGR games, Doyle being back, Notts County away and Wembley promotion, Sacking off Grimmer and co for new players, Birmingham move, Dabo, Walsh, Marosi and winning the fucking league.

All in 6 years

jimmyhillsfanclub

This has seriously blown my mind a little bit. Ricoh return, Presley losing it, Reda's piss, having all those shit Bournemouth loans, Mowbray keeping us up, Maddison coming though, Armstrong, Kent and Murphy, Armstrong being sold, running away with the league, wheels falling right off, Fortunè, Mowbray trying to sign Championship players and ending up with Dre Wright, not winning in. 10, Mowbray resining, Venus the saviour, Slade the saviour, Robins return, Chacktrade final, League two relegation, FGR games, Doyle being back, Notts County away and Wembley promotion, Sacking off Grimmer and co for new players, Birmingham move, Dabo, Walsh, Marosi and winning the fucking league.

All in 6 years

Ace innit...way better than just treading water in the championship for a decade.......rollercoaster always beats the merry-go-round.

robbiethemole

All in 6 years
obviously not in date order? Armstrong was never ours to sell either

lord_garrincha

It might be another example of old beyond their years...

Three that spring to my mind are Norman Whiteside, Wayne Rooney (who were both done at the top level at 30) & Tom Huddlestone (didn't quite crack it at top level).

Nonleagueherewecome

His dad was one hell of a goalscorer in nonleague & is a copper-good genes & should keep him on the straight & narrow! His dad always plays down his own ability as just being a goal-hanger, but he's one who I would have loved to see play in the league. Just a natural goalscorer. Good article: 700-up! Legendary striker Mark Bellingham on reaching the amazing milestone

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think we'd have commanded a much higher fee for someone like Maddison for example. But Jude Bellingham is unique in that he's 17, intelligent beyond his years (in footballing terms), physically developed in a way I will never reach even as someone 11 years his senior. He's only going to get bigger, stronger and faster.

He's in a different category to people like Tom Bayliss.

Agreed on Bellingham being unique. He’s ran riot for a season in the Championship at the age of 16 and only just turned 17. The fact he’s got at least two enormous clubs bidding for him too increases his value.
When we sold Bayliss, Maddison, Wilson and McCallum, none were proven beyond League 1 and in their early 20s. Bellingham has been one of the best players in the Championship at 16/17. It’s not like for like to compare our transfer fees for Bellingham’s.

From what I’ve seen of him, Bellingham will go on to have a fantastic career and I think he has made the right footballing choice in Borussia Dortmund.
If I was him though, I would have stayed at Blues for the Roost alone!

Legia Sky Blue

Agreed on Bellingham being unique. He’s ran riot for a season in the Championship at the age of 16 and only just turned 17. The fact he’s got at least two enormous clubs bidding for him too increases his value.
When we sold Bayliss, Maddison, Wilson and McCallum, none were proven beyond League 1 and in their early 20s. Bellingham has been one of the best players in the Championship at 16/17. It’s not like for like to compare our transfer fees for Bellingham’s.

From what I’ve seen of him, Bellingham will go on to have a fantastic career and I think he has made the right footballing choice in Borussia Dortmund.
If I was him though, I would have stayed at Blues for the Roost alone!

Not disputing he is clearly a tremendous prospect, but you really are exaggerating the point to say he has run riot in the Championship this season. Mind you those 4 goals he has scored could be what keeps Birmingham up this season.

harvey098

I’ve only seen Bellingham play against us but he was really poor. Maybe he just didn’t fancy it against lower league opposition but certainly didn’t stand out.

Yorkshire SB

16 years old, played almost every game in CM for a side in the championship, it’s unheard of. You’re paying for potential, but Dortmund are masters of this type of deal

Liquid Gold

He didn’t stand out in our games against them but for a 16 year old to be anything but a liability means they’re a serious talent.

Nonleagueherewecome

I forgot about Dre

:wtf:
My favourite Dre tune actually comes from his spell in obscurity between NWA and Eminem, when people did in a very real sense forget about Dre. If I'm honest, I wouldn't have known about it either had it not soundtracked a bloody awesome American Dad scene just perfectly:

Oh, Dre Wright? Nah he was just crap.

Users who are viewing this thread