JSB Party Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Adge

Its My leave and I’ll do What I want to do with it, for who I want to do it for*

*also saves me thinking in December how I can use that one days leave and ending up wasting it, when I could be doing something useful with my day off instead :p

PS, I love you too!
Did you get to mingle with your heroes? If not, that day off was wasted.

torchomatic

My lad had a great time. I still think it's a bit rubbish that the players don't mingle with the young fans like they used to only two or three years ago. Still, very grateful to all the volunteers who make the day so special for kids like mine.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My lad had a great time. I still think it's a bit rubbish that the players don't mingle with the young fans like they used to only two or three years ago. Still, very grateful to all the volunteers who make the day so special for kids like mine.

Was a bit more difficult today Torchy given that the queue for players autographs just kept going and going and going! We used as much space as we could in the pitch area, and the queue still came into the main hall countless times. From the minute they arrived they were getting preapred for autograph signing.

That said, the players did come through as soon as the last autograph was signed, but by that time, alot had gone. But the ones that were stil there still had opportunity to speak with the players.

Appreciate the kind comments though :)

Rusty Trombone

Was a bit more difficult today Torchy given that the queue for players autographs just kept going and going and going! We used as much space as we could in the pitch area, and the queue still came into the main hall countless times. From the minute they arrived they were getting preapred for autograph signing.

That said, the players did come through as soon as the last autograph was signed, but by that time, alot had gone. But the ones that were stil there still had opportunity to speak with the players.

I certainly appreciate the time given by people in organising the event, and I took my lad up today. We persuaded the man who was closing the queue to let us join it, which was nice of him, this was around 2.40 and it took about an hour to get to the front.

All the players were friendly, especially Dion (as last year) and Biamou. Haynes was sitting on his own as he was getting annoyed that the others were drawing on him.

I do think it would be better though if a pile of the signature sheets were available to be just given out without having to queue, even if these were preprinted rather than being individually signed. The players could then just mingle around, and/or get involved in the games etc, this would surely be better for the players than sitting in a cold hall for 2/3 hours. If you think this suggestion has any merit, could you pass it on to be considered for next time. Thanks.

Also I thought it a bit odd that individual boots were being raffled, rather than pairs. If it was a pair of boots I'd have had many more goes.

lifeskyblue

I certainly appreciate the time given by people in organising the event, and I took my lad up today. We persuaded the man who was closing the queue to let us join it, which was nice of him, this was around 2.40 and it took about an hour to get to the front.

All the players were friendly, especially Dion (as last year) and Biamou. Haynes was sitting on his own as he was getting annoyed that the others were drawing on him.

I do think it would be better though if a pile of the signature sheets were available to be just given out without having to queue, even if these were preprinted rather than being individually signed. The players could then just mingle around, and/or get involved in the games etc, this would surely be better for the players than sitting in a cold hall for 2/3 hours. If you think this suggestion has any merit, could you pass it on to be considered for next time. Thanks.

Also I thought it a bit odd that individual boots were being raffled, rather than pairs. If it was a pair of boots I'd have had many more goes.

Individual boots on the table...the other behind tables to be paired once the ticket drawn. Presumably this was to save space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

What shall were you on? I was going to ask everyone if they were SW88 but thought that would be silly....

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I absolutely can pass it on for you, and anyone else who would like to feedback. It’s always welcome :)

Individual boots on the table...the other behind tables to be paired once the ticket drawn. Presumably this was to save space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are indeed correct :) Just makes it a little easier to manage :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What shall were you on? I was going to ask everyone if they were SW88 but thought that would be silly....

I had the job of taking photos for the Family Zone twitter and Facebook accounts so wasn’t on a stall as such. But you should have asked. A few of them would have known who you meant :) Nice to put a face to a name, or username should I say :)

Adge

I had the job of taking photos for the Family Zone twitter and Facebook accounts so wasn’t on a stall as such. But you should have asked. A few of them would have known who you meant :) Nice to put a face to a name, or username should I say :)
Did you give Tim his camera back!?
giphy.gif

:emoji_grin:

Adge

Yes. I took it to him straight away. Shared a cuppa. Spoke about our intentions for the future. Signed a new confidentiality agreement. Then I left. He sends his regards
Well that’s the budget coming into play again. No mugs-only cups available.:emoji_thinking:

torchomatic

Next year then. Definitely.

torchomatic

Gotta love the kid who went in a Villa away kit.

Users who are viewing this thread