Jpt (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Got my ticket earlier...we ain't sold many in the one stand either it seems

Jonny

Will be buying mine on the gate tomorrow, and I'm bringing a few friends. Watch out for the gingers invading Block 15! :whistle:

Baginton

i reckon we could fill the stadium if we got there, never mind 40k,

Luton wanted more but the FA said no because of health & saftey, because it would meant mingling the two sets of fans outside the stadium using the same turnstyles (load of bollox) Scunthorpe only took 12k and just about filled the lower section, the top teir more or less completely empty on their side :thinking about: never any trouble between the two sides...

Otis

Last season at Wembley for the final of Chesterfield v Swindon there were 50,000 fans there.

But let's just forget about the joke cup right ...... cos it's embarrassing.

:facepalm:

Otis

40,000 the previous season when Carlisle won it and the season before that, there were over 70,000 there for the Southampton final.

Anyone who says City fans won't be interested in a trip to Wembley for the JPT final is completely deluded.

Astute

How can you have a friend who's a fester fan ?!?

How did I end up with two Fester supporting brothers?

Glad i'm the eldest and they had no chance of making me one of them or I would have been interbred as well ;) :D

Long shot but anyone know of a link for tonight's game... i'm sure when I was watching Sheff Utd's last round tie on sky they said our game with them will be televised!! Must have imagined this.

covcity4life

40,000 the previous season when Carlisle won it and the season before that, there were over 70,000 there for the Southampton final.

Anyone who says City fans won't be interested in a trip to Wembley for the JPT final is completely deluded.

got a horrible feeling we will lose 301 tonight but trying to keep positive!

IF we got to final how much you reckon covs allocation would be? 30k?

LJC_CCFC

Long shot but anyone know of a link for tonight's game... i'm sure when I was watching Sheff Utd's last round tie on sky they said our game with them will be televised!! Must have imagined this.

Just checked myp2p and theres nothing, seems the champions league is more of a priority for sky

harvey098

Luton took 40,000 to the final in 2009, they filled half of Wembley... do you think Cov would match this ?

I was there as my Stepdad is a Luton fan so they are my 2nd team. Was an awsome atmosphere but couldnt help spending the whole day wishing it was a sea of sky blue instead of orange! Maybe this year eh ;-)

sky_blue_up_north

I think this is a huge game for us. A great chance of Wembley. We're not in bad form so think we have great chance of winning tonight. Plus a fiver to get in, what a bargin.

Marty

I'm working so won't be making it tonight, I really fancy a trip to Wembley. Will we be playing in 2 finals. 1 for the northern rounds & then for the whole competition?

Macca

I'm working so won't be making it tonight, I really fancy a trip to Wembley. Will we be playing in 2 finals. 1 for the northern rounds & then for the whole competition?

working? Call yourself a real supporter??

Macca

God that was shocking wasn t it? We'd done the hard work, beaten Liverpool and Villa away and then got sucker punched. I watched the replay under the old East Stand as I did the Villa game. Very depressing evening

kg82

Yup, that was our chance. Newcastle in the next round who were awful at the time. Bottled it!

Macca

Although some fans ran onto the pitch black pitch with their old fellas out which was quite amusing. (not me)

jimmyhillsfanclub

That QF should never have gone to a replay in the first place....

...I remember the game at HR with a particular fondness as it is the only game I ever persuaded my bird (now my wife) to attend with me....

...we got pissed before KO & then she had the pleasure of watching me smoke & swear my head off for 90 mind in the WT....

...How we didn't win that game, I'll never know.

Anyway.....I think we'll win tonight.....but I'm not going.....I'm one of those shit supporters you read about on here:D

Marty

Didn't we almost lose that game in the end? I seem to remember oggy at the half way line giving the ball away and sprinting back.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Thats rings a bell Marty....

...Although I also seem to remember us hitting the bar right at the death too....

...but I was very, very drunk!

Marty

Seems it did happen.

[video]http://youtu.be/pI0pG0RjQ0g?t=4m27s[/video]

kg82

Didn't we almost lose that game in the end? I seem to remember oggy at the half way line giving the ball away and sprinting back.

That is correct although it was nearer the 18 yard box and "sprinting" may be a little kind to oggy there! For pretty much all that game we battered them though.

skybluelee

Completely and utterly battered them in the first game. The replay is the game that upsets me most in 29 years of following the club. Newcastle in the semi's, who weren't playing well at the time, whilst we were on fire with Dion and Huckerby tearing sides to shreds. Such a missed opportunity.

kg82

Didn't they equalise in the last minute of normal time in the replay? David Holdsworth?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Completely and utterly battered them in the first game. The replay is the game that upsets me most in 29 years of following the club. Newcastle in the semi's, who weren't playing well at the time, whilst we were on fire with Dion and Huckerby tearing sides to shreds. Such a missed opportunity.

Same as (though it's 31 years with me). Went to every cup game apart from the replay, where I was at Walthamstow dogs of all places. Horrible, horrible experience listening to the pens.

Users who are viewing this thread