Jpt Wycombe away (1 Viewer)

gary_ccfcforever

I know a wycombe fan who is a good mate of mine, went to one of their home games last season whilst we were at Northampton, another opportunity to get the home support to show support to our cause with the fix football signs. Great Club and friendly bunch

letsallsingtogether

Am I allowed to go to this game without being called a glory hunter? :)

SkyBlueSid

I remember going to Adams Park in 1993 with a Wycombe-supporting workmate when we were nearly dumped out of the league cup despite having a 3-0 first leg lead. They had only just come into the League and we were in the Premier but they murdered us. They won 3-0 to take it to extra time and then scored to lead 4-3 on aggregate. We scraped two late goals to go through after a terrible performance. I remember that Detzi Kruszynski and John Gayle staked their claims for being the worst players we ever had in the top flight.

Rusty Trombone

I remember going to Adams Park in 1993 with a Wycombe-supporting workmate when we were nearly dumped out of the league cup despite having a 3-0 first leg lead. They had only just come into the League and we were in the Premier but they murdered us. They won 3-0 to take it to extra time and then scored to lead 4-3 on aggregate. We scraped two late goals to go through after a terrible performance. I remember that Detzi Kruszynski and John Gayle staked their claims for being the worst players we ever had in the top flight.

I was there too, this was the team that night http://www.11v11.com/matches/wycombe-wanderers-v-coventry-city-05-october-1993-32694/

Quinn and Ndlovu played in the first leg, maybe they were rested for this game.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube, we've had some poor players over the years, it's amazing we spent so long in the top division.

North York’s Blue

I was there too, this was the team that night http://www.11v11.com/matches/wycombe-wanderers-v-coventry-city-05-october-1993-32694/

Quinn and Ndlovu played in the first leg, maybe they were rested for this game.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube, we've had some poor players over the years, it's amazing we spent so long in the top division.

Me too, think it was only a couple of days after big Jim Holton passed away, I remember a few songs being sung in his memory

aloisiwouldhavescored

Yes we were there too. Went straight from work and had a real problem parking, only just got into the ground as it kicked off. Couldn't believe what I was seeing, starting with a 3-0 lead and very nearly chucked the game away. We were so poor and didn't deserve to win it.

Grendel

Yes we were there too. Went straight from work and had a real problem parking, only just got into the ground as it kicked off. Couldn't believe what I was seeing, starting with a 3-0 lead and very nearly chucked the game away. We were so poor and didn't deserve to win it.

Sounds awful. Who was the manager?

SkyBlueSid

Bobby Gould was the manager, it was just at the end of his second spell. He resigned a couple of weeks later after a 5-1 hammering at QPR, allegedly in the bog, and Phil Neal took over.

letsallsingtogether

Wycombe are 100% fan owned I believe shows you what can be done?

M&B Stand

It was better than Scarborough the year before!

Steve.B50

Never been to this ground must go to this game.
We should support them as much as possible as they are a fan owned club.

letsallsingtogether

Never been to this ground must go to this game.
We should support them as much as possible as they are a fan owned club.
Careful Steve you will get ridiculed for that type of comment.
But yes will go myself if I can get a ticket ;)

Anyone know the allocation?

North York’s Blue

It's a decent ground with a reasonable view for away fans. Holds 2000 behind the goal (seated) with another few hundred in the side stand if required. Only one road in and out so can be a bit of a bottle neck after the game. There's some useful info on their website for away fans.

cornoccfc

Horrific for parking I'll add, streets and streets of permit zones, and from my last visit, very little advertised places to park.

Speedies_Chips

I was at this game too. Didn't Morgan score for us? We were lucky to get through.

HinckleySBA

Yes Morgan did score. Phil Babb got the winner. Very lucky to get through to the next round that night. Parking was a nightmare but as it's only the JPT can't see there being to big an attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread