Jpt tickets £5 for home leg. (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

I want one and will be there tonight, as I was at Carlise on Sunday

jon92

Yes, but let's not lay on a needless guilt trip to people who aren't going. I don't want to see the lyrics to One Pound Fish pasted in threads again.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty just saying if we could fill the Ricoh every game it would be one of the most intimidating grounds for away teams to come to

shropshirecov

It'd be an even split, they wouldn't give one side an overwhelming majority for a 'neutral' venue. In past finals they've just had a load of empty seats.

As I understand it, each team gets 37.5K Clubs can request less if they ain't gonna sell them 31K is the next lower allocation because of Wembley's configuration the 6.5 that they don't take can go to the other club if required, thats what happened when Southampton played Carlisle apparently. They took 45,000.

Getting way ahead of ourselves anyway, and being a bit disrespectful to Crewe, considering they've already turned us over once this season and are above us in the league!

ohitsaidwalker king power

I've said this before apologies-Time for the club to limit away fans to the minimum for this game- open up the stand behind the goal traditionally reserved for away fans to home support with a minimum safety zone between the two sets of fans. With a seat for a fiver and a seat for the final assured(if please god we get through) this has to be the chance to maximise the support, pack the Ricoh and maximise the home support/advantage. Come on City

PUSB

I've said this before apologies-Time for the club to limit away fans to the minimum for this game- open up the stand behind the goal traditionally reserved for away fans to home support with a minimum safety zone between the two sets of fans. With a seat for a fiver and a seat for the final assured(if please god we get through) this has to be the chance to maximise the support, pack the Ricoh and maximise the home support/advantage. Come on City

PUSB

Squeeze the away fans right upto the opposite corner and extend 'singers corner' across the back of the goal to the exclusion zone - A proper standing terrace behind the goal including the traditional corner, would be nice. Traditional seating / atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

Would be nice if it happened

oakey

In 1987 the maths did not add up. Roughly 12,000 tickets went to who knows who. I went to Stoke, Sheff Wed and Leeds semi and every home game but I didn't get a ticket for the final.
Season ticket holders + fans who had the required vouchers like me added up to well short of the 36,000 or whatever it was.. There should have been thousands spare but there were not.
Business, corporates and hangers on got them then so don't trust the club now.

shropshirecov

Squeeze the away fans right upto the opposite corner and extend 'singers corner' across the back of the goal to the exclusion zone - A proper standing terrace behind the goal including the traditional corner, would be nice. Traditional seating / atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

Would be nice if it happened

Can't remember how they segregated the England v Germany under 21 play off game a few years ago. But they did split behind the goal and gave Germany a section in the Jewson which was virtually empty (it was mainly just family and friends of the German players!) The game was sold out well in advance and there was still about 1500 empty seats which drew criticism.
If we do sell out the club will get blamed if there's any spare seats, be it segregation or a quarter full away end.

WillieStanley

I've never understood this mentality of "Oh - It's a bandwagon"

More fans mean more atmosphere, more humour, more fun and ultimately, more support for The Sky Blues. You can tell everyone what a fantastic supporter you've been in the booming pub before or the coach on the way home, you can sit with pride on a freezing Wednesday night against Tranmere Rovers, thinking "I'm the best supporter in the land"

Support of a football club is subjective and peoples circumstances and feelings for the club change. Ultimately, whether we're sat in the stand, next to a radio, following the live text or hearing the score off a mate, we all want what's best for our club, and ultimately, getting to Wembley and taking the roof off it is a dream come true.

I bet you, 95% of that crowd that will hopefully be at Wembley will have been there, at either HR or the Ricoh, watching a pile of crap, earning their stripes as you have yours, at some point over the last 50 or so years. Coventry City don't have much fair weather, and therefore don't have fair weather fans - those people switch on Sky Sports and buy Man Utd shirts. Coventry have fans who are either still attending as often as possible, or at some stage, have been so disgruntled at all the nearly times and the bad times that they simply can't take any more. Either that or they simply can't afford it. People have different levels of what pain they can take and for what period of time they can take it for, and when you wear Sky Blue, there's a lot of pain.

If a trip to Wembley sparks that passion again, or even acts as a nostalgia trip, thats fine by me, despite the ridiculous amount of money I can't afford yet spend on the club. I'll be there, singing the Sky Blue Song with 44,999 like minded brothers, proud to be a supporter of the Sky Blues, holding on to yet another fantastic experience with my team, to protect my faith in the club during the bad times.

SBS

I've never understood this mentality of "Oh - It's a bandwagon"

More fans mean more atmosphere, more humour, more fun and ultimately, more support for The Sky Blues. You can tell everyone what a fantastic supporter you've been in the booming pub before or the coach on the way home, you can sit with pride on a freezing Wednesday night against Tranmere Rovers, thinking "I'm the best supporter in the land"

Support of a football club is subjective and peoples circumstances and feelings for the club change. Ultimately, whether we're sat in the stand, next to a radio, following the live text or hearing the score off a mate, we all want what's best for our club, and ultimately, getting to Wembley and taking the roof off it is a dream come true.

I bet you, 95% of that crowd that will hopefully be at Wembley will have been there, at either HR or the Ricoh, watching a pile of crap, earning their stripes as you have yours, at some point over the last 50 or so years. Coventry City don't have much fair weather, and therefore don't have fair weather fans - those people switch on Sky Sports and buy Man Utd shirts. Coventry have fans who are either still attending as often as possible, or at some stage, have been so disgruntled at all the nearly times and the bad times that they simply can't take any more. Either that or they simply can't afford it. People have different levels of what pain they can take and for what period of time they can take it for, and when you wear Sky Blue, there's a lot of pain.

If a trip to Wembley sparks that passion again, or even acts as a nostalgia trip, thats fine by me, despite the ridiculous amount of money I can't afford yet spend on the club. I'll be there, singing the Sky Blue Song with 44,999 like minded brothers, proud to be a supporter of the Sky Blues, holding on to yet another fantastic experience with my team, to protect my faith in the club during the bad times.

I see where you're coming from. I would never have a problem with people who can't go because they can't afford it. As seen with the Man City fans, football is getting stupidly expensive and some people cannot afford every game.

I just find it frustrating when people complain about not being able to get tickets for Spurs etc because they haven't got a season ticket or membership. I tend to find that these are the same people (my friends included!) who don't go to home games for reasons like the grounds a pain to get to or they can't be arsed.

Again, not being able to afford it is understandable, but the range of excuses from Cov fans for not going never ceases to amaze me. A couple of season ago Norwich brought a couple of thousand during a really cold spell and there were people on the phone in saying they didn't go because "the roads were dangerous"! I suppose there's different types of supporters, but my supports unconditional, no matter who owns us, no matter what the weathers like, no matter how bad we're playing I'll be there. And on that note, I better get a move on. 3-1 City tonight!

shmmeee

This will be a great game to get people along to. The last two JPT games have had the best atmosphere for ages and genuinely exciting games.

I might see how many I can convince. What's the kids price?

Evans1883

The incentive to get a Wembley priority ticket will notch this up to 27,000. Really want the local media to push this game and get it advertised big time

jackdg

Just wondering, as I work in Manchester and can't get to midweek games, if I buy a ticket for Crewe (H) do I have to attend to get Wembley priority or just have bought the ticket?!

TheSnoz

This from SBS below - agree entirely. & Willie Stanley, often agree with the sensible things you say - but think you've misunderstood the concept of 'fair weather fans.' We have thousands of them. It is a major reason why the club has floundered around for decades.

"I see where you're coming from. I would never have a problem with people who can't go because they can't afford it. As seen with the Man City fans, football is getting stupidly expensive and some people cannot afford every game.

I just find it frustrating when people complain about not being able to get tickets for Spurs etc because they haven't got a season ticket or membership. I tend to find that these are the same people (my friends included!) who don't go to home games for reasons like the grounds a pain to get to or they can't be arsed.

Again, not being able to afford it is understandable, but the range of excuses from Cov fans for not going never ceases to amaze me. A couple of season ago Norwich brought a couple of thousand during a really cold spell and there were people on the phone in saying they didn't go because "the roads were dangerous"! I suppose there's different types of supporters, but my supports unconditional, no matter who owns us, no matter what the weathers like, no matter how bad we're playing I'll be there. And on that note, I better get a move on. 3-1 City tonight!"

I'd like all those fair weather fans to come back too. But oh the excuses....

Noggin

What time did the tickets go on sale this morning? I logged in at 8.45 so I'd be there before they went on sale, not only were they already on sale but there were only 3 wheelchair seats left in the east stand and I think that is out of 37.

Brighton Sky Blue

Snoz-the club has achieved nothing in whatever league it's been in since 1970 except be relegated twice and make a solitary FA Cup final. Every league club has achieved more in that time and no club can rely solely on hardcore support. In my view the club has to earn big crowds and should not rely on taking people's money regardless of what happens on the pitch.

covcity4life

did these go straight to general sale? no members window?

3000 sold since 9am! could be a great crowd, ill prob pick mine up tommrow

also for a wembley final its ST holders first(11k approx?) then members, then stubb holders, then general sale

Marty

Anybody know when they away tickets go on sale?

Marty

Just wondering, as I work in Manchester and can't get to midweek games, if I buy a ticket for Crewe (H) do I have to attend to get Wembley priority or just have bought the ticket?!

I think you just need the ticket stub, but Wembley allocation is about 35,000, so I thought you wouldn't have a huge problem getting tickets.

Evans1883

Struggled to get 2 in upper block 16 .got them but say they are selling fast.17 days or so left.got to be 25,000home fans surely

skybluelee

did these go straight to general sale? no members window?

3000 sold since 9am! could be a great crowd, ill prob pick mine up tommrow

also for a wembley final its ST holders first(11k approx?) then members, then stubb holders, then general sale

If true, any idea how many members we have?

Users who are viewing this thread