JPT area final (1 Viewer)

SBT

Bad for attendance I would've said - people want to be at the game where we seal the trip to Wembley.

Noggin

bad for the fans, alot less of us are going to see the game now that decides weather or not we get to wembley, bad for the size of our crowd, I think we get a couple of thousand more if we are home for the second leg. It might be a very small disadvantage football wise but our away form is good so I'm less worried about that than I'd normally be.

It doesn't matter too much though.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think it's good we're at home, because of we win at home, or draw even, we're almost guaranteed to win away...

ajsccfc

I'd have preferred home second, because at least then you know. This could be a case of job well half-done but it's still an anti-climax.

I would prefer to be at home for the second leg so we can celebrate more with the fans, plus if we lose the first leg, it will give us a confidence boost having the crowd behind us and might give us the edge. But i think we can do it either way. Last night was mad. I've never celebrated a goal as much as i did then. But i did say to my mates if we come back from 2-1 down i will eat my shoes. Bon appetit

ashbyjan

Seeing as our away form is far better than our home form its a good thing. Most important thing is we are in the Area Final - which way round the games are is secondary. On a side note I actually felt a bit sorry for the PNE fans last night - a once great proud club being dragged through the mud by that pathetic excuse for a manger - no class no ability, got what his spoiling gamesmanship and negative deserved - nothing.

mcullen

Seeing as our away form is far better than our home form its a good thing. Most important thing is we are in the Area Final - which way round the games are is secondary. On a side note I actually felt a bit sorry for the PNE fans last night - a once great proud club being dragged through the mud by that pathetic excuse for a manger - no class no ability, got what his spoiling gamesmanship and negative deserved - nothing.

Great post - couldn't agree more with everything you've said!

Mucca Mad Boys

PME may get more possession than the teams they play, but their team are technically rubbish, there's no penetration in their passes and they're all rough and tumble, bully boys with no skill, and it would've been an injustice had they gone through, in fact, it was an injustice they scored 2! Only chance they had, bar their 2 deflected goals, was a corner cleared off the line which was given a foul anyway. Poor manager and they should be doing better.

They call PNE 'effective', but they're not, they don't win games (1 in 2 months), draw too many games, they are not a good team at all. Quicker Wesley goes, quicker PNE can progress.

Swanny80

Makes no difference being home first. We've got a TOUGH two leg tie to get through against teams who equally want to get to Wembley as much as we do.

Are we capable? Of course, we should beat either but it will be a tough test

covross

we play like we're the away team at home anyway. whether it was 1st or 2nd leg let's just get our arse's up the Ricoh and make history. pusb

ajsccfc

Had a look on a few of their forums, they're not too enamoured with him by the looks of things.

Dan Griffin

If we need a result at valley parade second leg then god help us, finish the job before they get a look in at there ground

blitzer109

From my point of view the 2nd leg being away is better for me as it coincides my boy's half term week so no moaning from his mum that it will be to late a night getting back

skybluelee

I want Bradford if they get through to the League Cup Final as it is played the weekend following the 2nd leg of the JPT. Lets see how many of them want to go into some meaty 50/50 challenges 4 days before the biggest game of their careers.

covcity4life

I want Bradford if they get through to the League Cup Final as it is played the weekend following the 2nd leg of the JPT. Lets see how many of them want to go into some meaty 50/50 challenges 4 days before the biggest game of their careers.

ya i made this point earlier

on the flipside however if they lose to villa they will be looking to sieze their second chance at wembley

they look good at home too

Otis

bad for the fans, alot less of us are going to see the game now that decides weather or not we get to wembley, bad for the size of our crowd, I think we get a couple of thousand more if we are home for the second leg. It might be a very small disadvantage football wise but our away form is good so I'm less worried about that than I'd normally be.

It doesn't matter too much though.

But by the same token, if we were away first and lost 3-0 then the crowd would be down for the home return.

I think it will be an excellent crowd. People know that we could all but seal the final place in that first leg.

sky_blue_up_north

We would get more for Valley Parade, Crewe's ground is tiny, think we would only get about 1500 max.

Qwerty70

want Crewe, get stand down one side of pitch and poss smaller stand behing goal and poss sneak into the main stand if needed.
Crewe much nearer and Bradford are on a roll, def Crewe.
If it is Crewe we will swamp the place, be like home game anyway.

Last night so important because keeps the season buzzing.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't care who we get tbh, I want to visit Valley Parade, and we don't have the best of records v Crewe (don't know about Bradford) but either way, I'm going to the away fixture, I think whoever we get, we'll swamp their ground. Should be able to get loads more in Valley Parade as well.

Users who are viewing this thread