Joy meets ann (1 Viewer)

valiant15

Prepared to discuss a freehold sale of the Ricoh arena?

Why do sisu keep spouting this line? Ive not seen anything that says its for sale to sisu.

valiant15

It shouldn't be. But we all know how itll end. Spoilt joy won't get her way and she'll stomp off in a mood. Probably. ....

torchomatic

[video=youtube;RqE4MeSQe2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqE4MeSQe2w[/video]

torchomatic

I thought the same. Was that an assumption on here or was it "proper"?

Good news. I thought nothing was happening due to the JR?

olderskyblue

Following the suggestion in the Telegraph the other night, it would be nice if CCC & ACL gave a figure that they wanted for the Ricoh freehold, ACL, etc complete, and then let Joy negotiate the sale of the whole thing. Anything above what CCC ask for is all SISU's..... Might be interesting to see how much she could get if all her attention was on selling, rather than fighting....

Yes of course, lots of "they'll want too much" whichever view you take, but can't hurt to dream :sleep:

NorthernWisdom

Good news. I thought nothing was happening due to the JR?

I thought there were enough caveats in Anne Lucas's statement to cover that?

They can talk after all, can't they? Would be highly surprising if a deal of this magnitude were concluded in one afternoon anyway.

And if miracle of miracle, a deal were concluded in an afternoon, I'm sure it'd be possible to see the JR disappear...

Last edited:

torchomatic

Don't come any closer, don't come any nearer
My vision of you can't come any clearer
Oh, I just wanna hear girls talk

[video=youtube;TTkhBuNdMgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkhBuNdMgY[/video]

ccfcway

I'm awaiting the ....."we are assigning an independent valuation of the Ricoh arena, which will be completed by Paul Appleton"

ohitsaidwalker king power

I suspect it will be talks about having talks - and those will inevitably have to be held after the JR review- but I agree at least its the commencement of some form of communication, however tenous towards progression they might be in there sincerity at this juncture.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Is good that they have talked .............. wait for the first leaked details (which in themselves might tell us something) ............. or even a joint statement if it is done professionally

Probably come to nothing anyway............. each side appears to want different things

On to tonights happier things ...... a 2 nil win and the 2nd round i reckon :)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Don't come any closer, don't come any nearer
My vision of you can't come any clearer
Oh, I just wanna hear girls talk

[video=youtube;TTkhBuNdMgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkhBuNdMgY[/video]

Doesn't that song also contain..

"There are some things you cant cover up with lipstick and powder, but I heard you mention my name cant you talk any louder!!"

I hope it doesnt turn into a cat fight!!!

ccfcway

Is good that they have talked .............. wait for the first leaked details (which in themselves might tell us something) ............. or even a joint statement if it is done professionally :)

a joint statement which one of them will deny

Chipfat

At last they get round the table and not the messengers but the decision makers...My only worry is the ground will not be owned by the club and JS angle is more about the surrounding land which will be divided and sold without the club seeing any benefit now or in the future...

bigfatronssba

I find this bit here interesting:

She also claims Sisu wants to acquire a stadium and commercial development land to maximise its prospects of a return on “£60million investment”.

It has long been stated as fact by some on here that the club shouldn't have the "burden" of developing the land around the Ricoh.

J

Jack Griffin

I find this bit here interesting:

She also claims Sisu wants to acquire a stadium and commercial development land to maximise its prospects of a return on “£60million investment”.

It has long been stated as fact by some on here that the club shouldn't have the "burden" of developing the land around the Ricoh.

LOL, good point..

IMHO the less news leaks out the more likely it is that a realistic deal is actually being worked on..

NorthernWisdom

It hasn't been stated as fact here in the slightest.

It has however been queried by me why, if it's such a goldmine, nothing has been done with it as yet.

It's also been queried by me why a football club should diversify from its essence of being a football club and become glorified builders. That sentence doesn't change that in the slightest. in fact, it makes me just as sad about the state of my club as I've ever been that it's not a football club anymore, and once again we lose sight of the whole reason for its existence.

lapsed_skyblue

"Any Ricoh sale would have to be approved by the heavily dominant ruling Labour group, and at a full council meeting".
Why does Les include this bit? It is my understanding that there is a cross party concensus on the matter of the Ricoh and surely Ann will work to maintain this front, though admittedly such an agreement might not survive an election campaign.
I would suspect that it will be easier to maintain such a consensus if a non-decision is made, i.e. not to sell.-

bigfatronssba

"Any Ricoh sale would have to be approved by the heavily dominant ruling Labour group, and at a full council meeting".
Why does Les include this bit? It is my understanding that there is a cross party concensus on the matter of the Ricoh and surely Ann will work to maintain this front, though admittedly such an agreement might not survive an election campaign.
I would suspect that it will be easier to maintain such a consensus if a non-decision is made, i.e. not to sell.-

That's not even true anyway.

It will have to be approved by the full council group. Providing a majority of all councillors vote in favour it doesn't matter what party they are in.

Voice_of_Reason

With all the assets now in Otium, it makes everything a lot cleaner and clearer. Should SISU sell Otium at a future date (please God ?) this will certainly help !

theferret

That's not even true anyway.

It will have to be approved by the full council group. Providing a majority of all councillors vote in favour it doesn't matter what party they are in.

Err, did you not read the bit that said .."and at a full council meeting". It was right there in front of you.

cloughie

IF AND iF the freehold was up for sale it would go out to tender and not be on offer to sisu exclusively,

Council assets cannot be sold off below true market value, so end of any sisu buy out

bigfatronssba

Err, did you not read the bit that said .."and at a full council meeting". It was right there in front of you.

Yes, and as I said, the "Ruling Labour Party" bit has nothing to do with the process.

Any Ricoh sale would have to be approved by the heavily dominant ruling Labour group, and at a full council meeting

It would be decided by Ann Lucas with a few senior councillors in principle, and then put to a full council vote. The average Labour councillor gets no more of a say in this than a Conservative one.

I've heard that Ann took her camera with her so that she could sell a photo of Joy to the highest bidder. However Joy was wise to the scam by turning up for the meeting in a burka.:pointlaugh:

Just wish the same could have been applied to the Royal Mail and everything else that we owned sold off for a pittance.

Ah - but that's government. Councillors can be legally liable for selling things below market price, as decided by the District Auditor, and if found to have sanctioned such, could be personally invoiced for the difference. The same does not apply to government parties or civil servants, hence the head of HMRC could let off large companies with owed taxes with the agreement of the Chancellor of the Exchequer

Users who are viewing this thread