Josh Eccles (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Eccles was especially bad in that game tbf, at least in my eyes, and I said so at the time. I also made sure I mentioned his previous good games mind you, as a reason not to write him off!

(And yeah, Godden was poor v Sunderland, no argument over that in isolation).

Nothing wrong in saying a player's had a bad game, am sure the players know when they have themselves! That's very different from writing them off entirely on little evidence, however.
Don’t get me wrong, i agree, players have bad games, I said in the Sunderland game he needs to come off just before half time. But some people go from one extreme to the other.

Eccles isn’t a poor player, the current experiment with him isn’t working, the guy just needs a reset.

fatso

Don’t get me wrong, i agree, players have bad games, I said in the Sunderland game he needs to come off just before half time. But some people go from one extreme to the other.

Eccles isn’t a poor player, the current experiment with him isn’t working, the guy just needs a reset.
I think the experiment is "where does he fit in, and how can we accommodate him"
He's not a bad player by any means, but he's never going to be first choice in any position.
He can be a very usefull utility player to have on the bench, but if he wants regular starts, I think he needs to move on.

PVA

I think the experiment is "where does he fit in, and how can we accommodate him"
He's not a bad player by any means, but he's never going to be first choice in any position.
He can be a very usefull utility player to have on the bench, but if he wants regular starts, I think he needs to move on.

But there's a fair chance that one of, if not both, Hamer and Sheaf might not be here this time next year so there will be one, maybe two, first choice slots in CM up for grabs.

He showed enough last season that with a decent season this year he could make the step up and be good enough to take one of those shirts next year. Obviously his two performances so far this season have been poor. But he'll get a fair bit of game time this season so think he'd prefer to stay and fight for a place than move on just yet.

Grendel

But there's a fair chance that one of, if not both, Hamer and Sheaf might not be here this time next year so there will be one, maybe two, first choice slots in CM up for grabs.

He showed enough last season that with a decent season this year he could make the step up and be good enough to take one of those shirts next year. Obviously his two performances so far this season have been poor. But he'll get a fair bit of game time this season so think he'd prefer to stay and fight for a place than move on just yet.

He played 3 games and a couple of late sub appearances in the games last season - how does that mean he can step in and replace either of those two? Based on what?

Grendel

Based on us having no money perhaps?

Gyokeres at some point will be sold if it’s now or January - and if he can keep scoring goals it will be higher fee wise than anyone else - so we’d have an ability to recruit someone wages wise at least

PVA

He played 3 games and a couple of late sub appearances in the games last season - how does that mean he can step in and replace either of those two? Based on what?

Based on the fact he's young and has potential.

You'll note I didn't say he's ready to step in and replace them right now. Not that that stops you arguing of course.

procdoc

Gyokeres at some point will be sold if it’s now or January - and if he can keep scoring goals it will be higher fee wise than anyone else - so we’d have an ability to recruit someone wages wise at least
My concern is that Robins won’t see any of any profits on players sold

procdoc

Grendel

Bad enough when fans slag players off & destroy their confidence
This guy is a Pound Shop Mourinho.............

Zain Westbrooke - another who was touted by his agent for a big move i recall

Users who are viewing this thread