Josh Eccles (1 Viewer)

PVA

Yes he's a CDM, and a promising one.

The Championship would be a tough ask for him but there's no way we can last till Feb/March with just Hamer and Sheaf so if there is no money to spend in Jan we need to recall him (if we can).

edgy

Think it's a no brainer, if he can be recalled. Maybe not straight into the XI but in and around the team for the next few weeks. Injury/Suspension to Sheaf and we're screwed.

Hobo

It was a season long loan, not sure if we can recall him in January.

edgy

Quick Google search says:

Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree

NorthernWisdom

Doesn't sound like he's that involved at Gills currently. Get him back.
Nine games is not bad, considering he went quite late - played the last game, too - looks like they're trying to cope with two games in a week, as well. Wonder if Wolves are having similar thoughts about Giles atm?

Now don't get me wrong, I like Eccles - he looks neat, tidy, has promise... but I do wonder if his reputation is being enhanced by not playing. Frankly, we want him to be a regular for Gillingham if / when we recall him, as it'd show he was making a difference to them.

no_loyalty

Definitely the type of player we need as backup in the squad.

shmmeee

Big ask for the lad to Chuck him into a Championship relegation battle. Maybe as bench fodder at best.

Hamer is back in a couple of games, and him and Sheaf will be OK for now. I’d rather get an AM in on loan as I think you’re more likely to find one and O’Hare needs a rest.

Apparently he missed a couple of games a few weeks ago as his girlfriend had a baby.

Cuck Simp

steve101

I hope we can get him back. In pre-season he looked tidy and comfortable on the ball and thinking back he wasn't too dissimilar to Sheaf. I also remember him almost being caught out on the ball when he played at centre-back, but he recovered well. He is the type of player that needs to get a few 10 -15 minutes off the bench to feel his way in.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

One of the problems at the moment is that any young player coming in will not have the guidance of an experienced player sat alongside.

I agree. The trouble with bringing Eccles back is that ideally you'd want him learning alongside Kelly rather than as a replacement. But he is getting to an age where he needs to be tried out and if that involves having to throw him in at the deep end a bit so be it. Hopefully his time at Gillingham will be teaching him a lot and he can come in for a bit although i expect it'd be a big step up.

I wouldn't want Sheaf and Eccles playing too often together protecting the back four given their age and inexperience.

steve101

Just watching Todd Cantwell pulling the strings for Norwich. What a player. Different type of player than Eccles, but just goes to show how a home grown player can improve on the pitch given the opportunity.

better days

Big ask for the lad to Chuck him into a Championship relegation battle. Maybe as bench fodder at best.

Hamer is back in a couple of games, and him and Sheaf will be OK for now. I’d rather get an AM in on loan as I think you’re more likely to find one and O’Hare needs a rest.

Cuck Simp
Think he's a pretty mature lad for his age
When he was captain of the U23s he didn't like senior players going through the motions if they were in the side

higgs

I think he will have do well for us when he breaks into the side
Mind you I thought Pask was going to be a big player for us this season
Ya pask was rated highly I thought he would be a future starter for us aswell is he not putting in the effort in training you would wonder

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Ya pask was rated highly I thought he would be a future starter for us aswell is he not putting in the effort in training you would wonder

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It may just be other players are putting more effort in and want it more. He may be putting the effort in just not enough for Robins

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

From what I hear Pask can look outstanding at times then on other days accident prone and inconsistent
That's probably why West Ham let him go

But isn't that what inexperienced players do on the whole? He maybe needs regularly game time to get that consistency as some players 'get into the groove' then struggle to return to that level for a while after time out. I'd like to see him go out on loan to somewhere for the rest of the season as he'd be a regular starter to see if that sees a gradual improvement. Trouble is at the moment we've not got a great deal of back-up other than him so we can't afford to let him do that.

Users who are viewing this thread