Josh Eccles Injury (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

Was fearing the worst when he went off. Must admit I was almost releived to see him 'just on crutches' and out at the end. Any news?

SkyBlueSam01

Without access to any scans etc I'm going to have an educated guess that the damage is actually not too bad based on the relatively innocuous looking mechanism of injury. Pain level has a really poor correlation with actual tissue damage in acute injuries and since he was making a return from another hamstring injury Id like to bet theres a degree of what's called 'central sensitisation' involved in his initial reaction.

Hopefully just a grade 1-2 that won't hamper his pre season too much...

Could be completely wrong though mind 😬

steve101

Without access to any scans etc I'm going to have an educated guess that the damage is actually not too bad based on the relatively innocuous looking mechanism of injury. Pain level has a really poor correlation with actual tissue damage in acute injuries and since he was making a return from another hamstring injury Id like to bet theres a degree of what's called 'central sensitisation' involved in his initial reaction.

Hopefully just a grade 1-2 that won't hamper his pre season too much...

Could be completely wrong though mind 😬
He was returning from a calf injury I think, not hamstring. I wonder if he tweaked it a little earlier when stretching for Allen's cross-field pass, which he failed to keep in.

steve101

I didn't spot him in the footage of players entering for awards night. Sheaf was there in his airboot but no Eccles. If it was a minor one I reckon he would have been able to attend.

SkyBlueSam01

He was returning from a calf injury I think, not hamstring. I wonder if he tweaked it a little earlier when stretching for Allen's cross-field pass, which he failed to keep in.

Ah really? I was sure both him and Kelly were rehabbing hamstring injuries but maybe I've remembered wrong...

SkyBlueSam01

Just checked and you're absolutely right... Ignore me everyone 🤣

Must have been thinking of Kelly who was hamstring at the same time!

Sky Blue Harry H

He might be faking to miss Butlins

Parents took me to Butlins in Bognor Regis way back when. Still mentally scarred by it, and can still remember being woken up 'Hi de Hi' style by Tolchard Evans and his singing piano every morning (my parents even bought a vinyl copy of the single to extend the tortured memory).

rob9872

I think the hamstring call could've come from the radio?

Just checked and you're absolutely right... Ignore me everyone 🤣

Must have been thinking of Kelly who was hamstring at the same time!

Dad wasn't at the game so I phoned him up at HT and he had it on the radio, I asked what they'd said about Eccles and he said they suspected hamstring.

Frostie

Parents took me to Butlins in Bognor Regis way back when. Still mentally scarred by it, and can still remember being woken up 'Hi de Hi' style by Tolchard Evans and his singing piano every morning (my parents even bought a vinyl copy of the single to extend the tortured memory).

Sounds like hell.
The Adult Weekenders in Butlins are something else though!

SkyBlueSam01

I think the hamstring call could've come from the radio?

Dad wasn't at the game so I phoned him up at HT and he had it on the radio, I asked what they'd said about Eccles and he said they suspected hamstring.

It was definitely a hamstring this time around but my thoughts about it being a recurrence were were unfortunately not based on reality

clint van damme

It was definitely a hamstring this time around but my thoughts about it being a recurrence were were unfortunately not based on reality

Must have been quite serious if he needed the stretcher. In most cases players can generally hobble off under their own steam after a hamstring injury.

Sky Blue Harry H

I joined a new football team and went to the first training session over at Ernesford Grange, and the player/manager tried to knock the ball past me, so I shadowed his run. His achilles went, but he was absolutely convinced I had kicked him, so was trying to stick one on me, but was in too much pain to get close enough. Took me ages and a pint I bought him in the bar afterwards to half convince him I hadn't touched him. He went to hospital and next time was all strapped up. Became good friends, but it took a while before he wrote it off in his mind. Probably didn't help that I started where he usually played in the team!

Last edited:

SkyBlueSam01

I joined a new football team and went to the first training session over at Ernesford Grange, and the player/manager tried to knock the ball past me, so I shadowed his run. His achilles went, but he was absolutely convinced I had kicked him, so was trying to stick one on me, but was in too much pain to get close enough. Took me ages and a pint I bought him in the bar afterwards to half convince him I hadn't touched him. He went to hospital and next time was all strapped up. Became good friends, but it took a while before he wrote it off in his mind. Probably didn't help that I started where he usually played in the team!

Due to the lack of initial pain with even full Achilles ruptures it's actually really common for people to think they've been kicked or hit by something, then realise nobody is there and try to run off before they realisetheir calf isnt attached to anything anymore!

You can see Becks looking behind him to see who just kicked him here:

SlowerThanPlatt

Due to the lack of initial pain with even full Achilles ruptures it's actually really common for people to think they've been kicked or hit by something, then realise nobody is there and try to run off before they realisetheir calf isnt attached to anything anymore!

You can see Becks looking behind him to see who just kicked him here:

Really appreciate your insight into stuff like this, thanks for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread