Jose Semedo, Jermaine Johnson, Harry Winks (Loan), Darren Ambrose and Alex Revell (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

All very much on Mowbrays radar (watch this space)...;);)

pusbccfc

I will be watching, but not expecting.

CovLis86

Being on radar and joining the club are 2 extremely different things. There will be dozens of players on the radar. We will wait and see.

SkyBlueCraigo

Surely the only 2 we may have a chance on that list with is Ambrose (on a free) & Winks (on loan). The other 3 are under contract aren't they which would mean a fee which we know we don't have the means to pay...

skybluegod

31,35, 31,31?? I doubt this tbh, I know TM wants exp, but surely he also wants to build a team? Surely need players 3/4 years younger? All good players in their day, but we need to have some longevity in team surely?

Samo

31,35, 31,31?? I doubt this tbh, I know TM wants exp, but surely he also wants to build a team? Surely need players 3/4 years younger? All good players in their day, but we need to have some longevity in team surely?

I take your point but I think what we need is a winning side and increasing gates.

H

Huckerby

nah i'd take all of them at their age if it got us promoted this season or next

stupot07

I agree. cotterill signed just 2 old heads (Wilberham and Elliot) and the rest were all 25 or under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluegod

I take your point but I think what we need is a winning side and increasing gates.

And honestly you think a team of 30 year olds is going to do that?
I think 1/2 is useful but 5/6 (if including rickets and tudgay) surely that's useless?
i want to get promoted but there is no point in going up, then having to build a whole new team... Possibly get relegated because of it and then have to rebuild again, we need a team that can progress rather than a team of 30+ which is gonna last 1/2 seasons at max.

Samo

And honestly you think a team of 30 year olds is going to do that?
I think 1/2 is useful but 5/6 (if including rickets and tudgay) surely that's useless?
i want to get promoted but there is no point in going up, then having to build a whole new team... Possibly get relegated because of it and then have to rebuild again, we need a team that can progress rather than a team of 30+ which is gonna last 1/2 seasons at max.

Who mentioned a team of 30 year olds? A few older heads can't hurt. What we need is a decent season leading to bums on seats and, consequently, a larger FFP budget the following season.

skybluebeduff

These type of threads are clearly written by someone from the Asylum, and the help they sought clearly isn't working.

Absolute doughnut.

Samo

These type of threads are clearly written by someone from the Asylum, and the help they sought clearly isn't working.

Absolute doughnut.

Asylum??? What age are you from?

mrtrench

Asylums were built in the victorian age and closed down between the 50s and 70s. Maybe he's victorian and unaware of the present due to self medicating on laudineum.

skybluegod

Who mentioned a team of 30 year olds? A few older heads can't hurt. What we need is a decent season leading to bums on seats and, consequently, a larger FFP budget the following season.

As I said.... With those 4 that would make 6 30+'s in the side? So you have said it? What would be a decent season? Promotion I assume? As I think that's what it would take to see a noticeable difference in crowds. Even if it does get us promoted which I doubt SIX 30+'s will do we would have build a whole new team, next year which wouldn't be productive for progression?
i am all for a couple of exp heads but that's 2/3 at max. Imo first team should consist of:
2-3 30+'s
4- 26-29
4-20-25(probably already sorted, eg fleck, burge,Willis,Phillips)
then squad is filled out with youngsters like Maddison and Thomas, then some more 24-30

6 30+'s would be counter-productive. Just my opinion ofc, and that isn't a perfect team but going by what we need and have that's what I would aim for.

simonregis

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see where TM is going.

No 1 - give Burge the position till he loses it

Fullbacks - Have both sides covered
Centre backs - has Willis, Martin, Harres, and wants either Johnson or Ricketts

Midfield - Fleck, Thomas, Maddison, O'Brien, Lawton, need one experienced ball winner and one or two spurs lads

Forwards - Tudgay, Thomas, academy lad - need one 20 goal a season (cough) and a couple of spurs kids

skybluegod

Midfield - Fleck, Thomas, Maddison, O'Brien, Lawton, need one experienced ball winner and one or two spurs lads

Forwards - Tudgay, Thomas, academy lad - need one 20 goal a season (cough) and a couple of spurs kids

Surely you are having a laugh?
8 new players... 4 of which are Spurs loans and 1 of them is a new contract?

Last edited:

stupot07

I think there are rules on how many loans you can have from one club, pretty sure we wouldn't be allowed 4 Spurs loaners at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Surely you are having a laugh?
8 new players... 4 of which are Spurs loans and 1 of them is a new contract?

No, he will only bring in about 4 then another 4 on loan. He will keep some dry powder for The January window. Get your head round it is about developing what we have with just a few additions....its a 2 year job minimum.

skybluegod

No, he will only bring in about 4 then another 4 on loan. He will keep some dry powder for The January window. Get your head round it is about developing what we have with just a few additions....its a 2 year job minimum.
I'd say he will bring in at least 6 permanent. Then the loans on top of that.
For the January transfer window... The one half way through the season? Where you have to pay transfer fees?
Yeah exactly that's my point... It's a 2 year job... so why get a load of 30 year olds?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've not heard of any of these players mentioned in the title, but the bloke called Harry Winks is very fortunate not to be called Harry Wanks . Who would want that on the back of a shirt ?

Users who are viewing this thread