Jordan Willis... would you keep or sell?? (1 Viewer)

steve82

Makes you wonder about his foot injury.....

skybluegod

Makes you wonder about his foot injury.....

Not really, most clubs don't lie about that stuff?
Willis continued to play when Rotherham were interested so I doubt he's throwing his dummy out the pram.
It's just a foot injury.

I would keep him, unless the valuation is met. He will compliment McDonald well, and we don't need to be rushing around for the last 3 weeks of the transfer window for another CB, as I doubt many if any good ones will be left.

Mucca Mad Boys

I wouldn't mind selling, but only if we have a decent replacement lined up. If we haven't, will we able to replace him quickly enough before the end of the transfer window?

I don't think we should sell. His valuation has probably gone down after relegation, and his replacement would most likely have to be a loan or a free transfer (someone with no preseason), whilst breaking up the Willis-McDonald partnership. We get promoted, he signs a new contract and his valuation goes up. He leaves on a 'free', we get compensation anyway. No deal.

covcity4life

We finnaly assemble a squad for promotion a d bow some wsbt to sell?

Replacing willis with a leagur 2 oaf is such short term thinking. Willis can help us in l2 and l1. I thibk robins knows this.

If they want him stump up 500k minimum

Warwickhunt

I wouldn't mind selling, but only if we have a decent replacement lined up. If we haven't, will we able to replace him quickly enough before the end of the transfer window?
Bradford are struggling to get a replacement because they are looking for a cheap option! So fair play to the city sticking by their valuation, too many clubs try to rob us of our players

Mucca Mad Boys

I'd sell, but only if MR can re invest in a dominant centre forward.

How does that any sense? We'll sell a first choice CB and his replacement is a dominant centre forward?! As it stands, we only have 3 contracted CBs and one on non-contract terms. We have enough strikers for the time being.

I'd only sell if a team was willing to pay well over the odds for him, 750k to 1m - which of course is nonsensical for a L2 CB in the last year of his contract...

lifeskyblue

Must admit I'm not too worried either way as long as a) we get 500k + for him and b) we get in a commanding centre back to replace him.
I like Willis but I don't think he progressed last season; whether he has reached his potential or whether he was poorly coached last season or whether his confidence was shot in a relegation side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I agree with most on here. I only think we should sell if we can get in a decent replacement, but I would think that unlikely.

Only way I can see it working here is if we sold him and that same club gave us a centre back in exchange, so cash plus player.

Astute

I agree with most on here. I only think we should sell if we can get in a decent replacement, but I would think that unlikely.

Only way I can see it working here is if we sold him and that same club gave us a centre back in exchange, so cash plus player.
At least we could trust Bradford not to use us to get rid of a player that they don't want because of a lack of effort.....

slowpoke

Would definitely keep him if we can. JW will be off eventually he's got better each season imo would be a star in any league one/two team

Cov kid 55

Would definitely keep him if we can. JW will be off eventually he's got better each season imo would be a star in any league one/two team
He played really well today until going off injured. Was really strong in the air. I don't think we would be able to replace him with a better player, or one with more potential.

rupert_bear

If you want promotion you keep your best players and Willis is one of those. If was Robins I'd try and keep him atleast until the January window when I reckon his value could soar.
He scores goals too.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I like Willis. I think he's come on a lot and showed in his early days he would make a decent CB (never rated him st RB).

That said if I was to compare our defence against Notts County with Hyam alongside McDonald and the one from yesterday of Willis and McDonald, I'd say V County we looked a better unit.

Yesterday we were making mistakes too often early on.

But then Tuesday Hyam and mcDonald played, and clearly we were poor defensively.

So it makes me wonder; were we strong looking V County because we weren't tested enough?

It's nice to have a number of options in our defence for a change :)

Otis

I like Willis. I think he's come on a lot and showed in his early days he would make a decent CB (never rated him st RB).

That said if I was to compare our defence against Notts County with Hyam alongside McDonald and the one from yesterday of Willis and McDonald, I'd say V County we looked a better unit.

Yesterday we were making mistakes too often early on.

But then Tuesday Hyam and mcDonald played, and clearly we were poor defensively.

So it makes me wonder; were we strong looking V County because we weren't tested enough?

It's nice to have a number of options in our defence for a change :)

You also have to factor in this is the first time McDonald and Willis have played together isn't it.

Will take a little time to gel.

JulianDarbyFTW

I previously was on the sell side of things, believing he had defeat ingrained into his soul at this club. But maybe I was wrong. Perhaps it is as simple as playing with better players, albeit at a lower overall standard in L2. I guess, as a defender, if you spend most of your time on the back foot because the team is poor you'll eventually be exposed. Time will tell.

steve82

I'm still in the frame of mind if the right price is offered sell him, but only if that money can be reinvested. He's a year left and anything other than promotion he will likely leave on a free given there is still interest from the leagues above.

I like him, I'd be happy for him to stay...he's quick and athletic and does the job. A lot depends on what the offered deal would be...

But as MR has proved he's found 11 good signings on permanent deals so I'd trust he's a few targets on the white board to cover Willis departing given we'd be expecting interest for him from other clubs.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm still in the frame of mind if the right price is offered sell him, but only if that money can be reinvested. He's a year left and anything other than promotion he will likely leave on a free given there is still interest from the leagues above.

I like him, I'd be happy for him to stay...he's quick and athletic and does the job. A lot depends on what the offered deal would be...

But as MR has proved he's found 11 good signings on permanent deals so I'd trust he's a few targets on the white board to cover Willis departing given we'd be expecting interest for him from other clubs.

Every player has a price, so if a team would pay the money we're asking, then sure. However, the team has got off to a good start so I wouldn't want to risk breaking the group up in anyway. So it would have to be a very good offer.

wingy

He Is under contract so we can keep him.
The question that needs asking is would he like a move?
Heard a couple of things last season suggesting a move would be desirable.

Otis

But wasn't County the first time we'd seen Hyman and McDonald together?.......
Didn't they both play in some of the friendlies?

Also meant in terms of Willis not even training and therefore not having chance to work together.

Esoterica

I'd keep him for sure but his heading scares the shit out of me sometimes, often seems like he's heading a balloon not a footy when it drops 5 yards away.

Users who are viewing this thread