Jordan willis next out of door (1 Viewer)

skyblue1523

their is a few teams now looking at jordan wills must be highly rated only played a couple of games for us. I thought we were keeping the young lads and bulid a team around them.sisu please tell us ur plans for our club because as far as i can see you would sell the kitchen sink if you had one .
utter disgrace if you ask me?

Nick

Administrator
I guess it depends on the fees. There will always be a price that we can't reject :( Even Man Utd couldn't keep hold of Ronaldo for example.

smileycov

Facebook User
Bit confused? Have SISU said they are selling him? Has he been offered to someone or is it just that teams are looking at him because he is good, so we can blame SISU anyhow?

Nick

Administrator
Bit confused? Have SISU said they are selling him? Has he been offered to someone or is it just that teams are looking at him because he is good, so we can blame SISU anyhow?

We can always blame SISU. ;)

Fair enough if they have sent messages round saying "Come and get him, we want him gone", it is different from people approaching us with bids for him.

Sub

everybody is forsale at CCFC it all depends on the price, the main thing tho if players go players MUST come in to replace them, we are still very lightweight on numbers!!!

dojer

I don't understand the footballing reasons for the big clubs hoovering up young players. Surely if they stay at the club they will be able to prove if they are good enough or not for the premier league? It seems a waste of money spending so much on youth players who don't develop because they end up playing reserve football. Look at Scott Sinclair, Chelsea spent £750k on him, played a few games, gave him to Swansea at a £250k loss and then became the player they expected him to be. Especially as these clubs spend millions on youth training anyway, maybe it's something in the Catalonian water that so many great players come from the Barcelona academy and they are extremely lucky that they have so many great local players or they actually train players to be great. The big clubs don't need to buy these young players and I cannot understand why they do

If we could get a good fee for Jordan Willis who may or may not be a great player then it seems like good business, although it makes us look like a very weak selling club. He could be the next Ben Turner or he could be another Kevin Thornton. It seems the fee we can get for him will also be greater than one we could get if he did turn out well, given SISU's negotiating skills when it comes to selling experienced pros. It's a very strange and counter-logical situation at the moment.

Good that we have the Elite Performance Plan to sort that out then.

stevo_ccfc

The top clubs are hoovering up the youth to fulfill the uefa requirements for homegrown player quotas. Any player that has been at the club for 3 years before they are 21 now counts as homegrown by that club. So they can meet the quotas by having a development squad populated by 17 18 year olds harvested from other teams academies

kg82

It's the short-term attitude again. Until the financial gains of the Premier League aren't so phenomenal, England will not have a great national team to boast.

TheSnoz

Let's not jump to conclusions. Has anyone said anything remotely serious about buying Willis? I've not heard anything. Have seen fans speculating, that's about it. & I guess speculating is all part of the fun for any fan. Nothing wrong with that. But, let's not beat our owners up over something that hasn't happened. They've done something positive over the academy. A year ago there was speculation (that word again) that it would be downgraded. It shows a degree of forward thinking. I grew up in an era where clubs nurtured their young players and teams were full of homegrown talent. We might, just might be on the verge of something like that here.
Roberts, Phillips, Daniels, Willis, Henderson & co could all be our future. I'm not blind to all the hasty thinking of SISU, but there does seem to be a plan of sorts. We might not like it just yet, but with some support we may turn the corner. I haven't got crystal balls so who knows. But SISU haven't done anything with Willis other than give him a chance and thrown him in at the deep end.
As someone rightly said. Ronaldo, Manchester. Say no more squire.

SkyBlueJohnso

one of the reasons behind the academy is to develop players, then sell them on and make a profit. if a good enough offer came in for any player i think they would be gone.

SISU have committed to our grade 2 academy with £1million investment year on year, Bigi going for £500k will help towards that cost, one more player for a reasonable fee covers the cost of the academy for a year!

Moff

As much as I despise SISU, shouldnt we wait till they sell the player before we start slagging them off for selling him?

skybluegod

I don't understand the footballing reasons for the big clubs hoovering up young players. Surely if they stay at the club they will be able to prove if they are good enough or not for the premier league? It seems a waste of money spending so much on youth players who don't develop because they end up playing reserve football. Look at Scott Sinclair, Chelsea spent £750k on him, played a few games, gave him to Swansea at a £250k loss and then became the player they expected him to be. Especially as these clubs spend millions on youth training anyway, maybe it's something in the Catalonian water that so many great players come from the Barcelona academy and they are extremely lucky that they have so many great local players or they actually train players to be great. The big clubs don't need to buy these young players and I cannot understand why they do

If we could get a good fee for Jordan Willis who may or may not be a great player then it seems like good business, although it makes us look like a very weak selling club. He could be the next Ben Turner or he could be another Kevin Thornton. It seems the fee we can get for him will also be greater than one we could get if he did turn out well, given SISU's negotiating skills when it comes to selling experienced pros. It's a very strange and counter-logical situation at the moment.

Good that we have the Elite Performance Plan to sort that out then.

if they have talent then get them while there young for a cheaper price

SkyBlue_Bear83

I guess it depends on the fees. There will always be a price that we can't reject :( Even Man Utd couldn't keep hold of Ronaldo for example.
Difference is they sold him after 3 or 4 great season where he had helped them win the champions league and won world player of the year. They got the maximum benefit they could before selling him at his peak to get maximum money.

If we sell Willis it will be after 1 start for the club

skyblue1523

I said theirs a few clubs looking at jordan willis i just think we will not get alot of money for him a couple more seasons with us he could be a 5-6 million pound player why waste several years of training just to sell the lad for a quick buck. it sisu fault we are now playing 3rd div football if they had invested a few more pounds last season we would'nt be 3 million pounds down on the books anything less then 1 million is a joke in football these days.Lets hold on to the young talent as they are problem on peanuts anyway

ccfcway

one of the reasons behind the academy is to develop players, then sell them on and make a profit. if a good enough offer came in for any player i think they would be gone.

SISU have committed to our grade 2 academy with £1million investment year on year, Bigi going for £500k will help towards that cost, one more player for a reasonable fee covers the cost of the academy for a year!

and there lies the problem

if we are going to let Bigi go for 500k, we need to produce 2 bigi's every season just to make it pay for itself

torchomatic

We are League One.

their is a few teams now looking at jordan wills must be highly rated only played a couple of games for us. I thought we were keeping the young lads and bulid a team around them.sisu please tell us ur plans for our club because as far as i can see you would sell the kitchen sink if you had one .
utter disgrace if you ask me?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If we do need to sell, it would be much more agreeable to follow the Crewe model than our current one.

They just sold a very promising 18-year-old, Nick Powell for a fee of £3m, rising to £4m. Now, they're fighting like tigers to keep Kelvin Mellor from Derby's grasps.

Sell one player a year - if needs be - clearly communicate the fee and then keep the balance of the squad tight. Everyone understands, and most people are happy.

We just feel like the village bike - everyone knows we'll put-out nice and easy, and then try and cover our disgrace with crap platitudes the morning after

Astute

I heard Bigi went for 1m plus % of resale.

to all these people who keep saying willis is quality, i would ask how do u know? nobody knows if he is any good, might well be another walker, cain, grandison, wynter dont believe the hype! lets concentrate on the first team

The Reverend Skyblue

People say lets follow the Crewe model, but have'nt we got a bit more ambition. Crewe as far as I know have played just a couple of season at the second level in there history.
I know what you mean when people say we have to sell one or two youngsters to help pay for the club, which i agree we have to but surely we need sometime to realise just staying at the second level now and then is'nt good enough for a club of our size.

We need to invest but then keep the best , but sell the ones who we think will sell well but are'nt good enough for the promised land of the Prem.
As far as I know Crewe sell there best youngsters, then rely on the not so good one's to try and take the club forward. I know there a good club and a role model for some, but they have'nt achieved much doing it this way, but to counter this they are less indebt than most. It all comes down to ambition in my eye's, have we any , or not !!

The Rev

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm trying to be sensible. We are going to sell our best players. Always have. The worrying bit being that under SISU, were seemingly happy to ship out players before they're ready, and at seemingly low values - witness Thomas and Bigi. My point being that if we are already there, we should aspire to Crewe's better model. Negotiate hard, keep most and develop the squad.

That way, to build back and use our bigger standing to aspire to a level they could never dream of

Users who are viewing this thread