Jordan or Cyrus? (1 Viewer)

Its the age old question. Clarke or Christie. Its like Ketchup vs Hp or white loaf vs brown loaf. Both have their own unique qualities and both are good players when they want to be, but they're also young and inconsistent. Who would you prefer at right back next saturday? IMO, Clarke was amazing when he came on. He was our best player in the 2nd half IMO. Christie has been utter shite lately from what i've seen. There are times when he links up well with Baker and makes some decent runs but he tries to do too much and ends up f**king up attacks, losing possesion or gets caught int he wrong area. I would prefer Clarke at right back on saturday from what i say yesterday. What do you guys think? Clarke or Christie? Or maybe even Willis?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
As already mentioned they each bring something different to the team. However for defenders, both seem to struggle defensively.

Clarke didnt do too bad yesterday on the left, but I remember seeing him play on the left before and was terrible so i wouldn't want to see that happen regularly. Only in the event of emergencies should we use this option.

Cyrus is very good running at defenders, speed, skill and a decent cross.

However a right back needs to stay back every now and then incase of counter attacks. Yesterday's goal proves this as they ended up with a 4 or 5 on 3 counter, and Woody got caught out choosing to take up his CB option rather n than stay with the man who would have been Christie's man had he been there.

Similar to the goalkeeping a strike problems, where we are now seeing we were spoilt with a keeper of Westwoods quality, and spoilt with McG, i think the right back issue shows we miss someone like Keogh, who i think got caught out alot less playing RB than he did CB, although he was decent in both positions.

After all that, I think ive avoided the question (mainly because i cant really decide between the two)

RichieGunns

I like Cyrus, Clarke also does a job when he's on the pitch but they both have hang ups.

Things that one player can do that the other isn't willling to do.

Therefore getting another right back in who can do both would make a lot of sense!

Yorkshire SB

Well I think they both look completely shot of confidence, but it would be Clarke for me because he's actually a good footballer. Christie is physically very capable, but he's technically inept at this level.

ashbyjan

Clarke sounder defensively Christie better going forward - for me we have to tighten up at the back so I would go for Clarke. Also I can see Christie developing into a decent centreback as he matures physically.

deanocity3

i think the whole defence is dodgy
they are all big blokes yet have difficulty in winning headers on crosses or from set peices.Billy French and woody are too slow when up against a little nippy striker.They get turned too easily we need someone in the keogh mould

pusbccfc

I always thought Clake looked good in midfield.

rupert_bear

Christie is going to be okay, i just think he suffers in what i call our lop-sided defence, both the centre backs are slow and basically one footed. I am certain MR has that sussed and will act when able to do so, whether he needs to replace one or both is open to debate.

nuckythompson

I would like to see Nathan Cameron given a chance in place of Edge who just seems to be making too many mistakes recently and probably needs taking out of the firing line for a bit. Whilst his distribution isn't the best (being kind) he is the sort of no nonsense defender that this league demands.

slyblue57

I prefer Jordan Clarke
Five crosses put in v every time over Christie as a full back. The only think Christie has i height and supposedly strength.
People state he s good going forward but his crossing is truely awful. He never looks up runs with his head down and generally has to stop as he s no idea wheres he s at. He over hits nearly every cross, crosses without looking if theres players there. Defensively he s a poor tackler and can nt head a ball.
Before I m attacked by the Christie supporters I d ask they just watch the next game and think about what I ve said and feel free to judge.
Of the five crosses he put in yesterday 3 went for goal kicks one to the edge of the box and one actual good cross albeit there was no one near it.
Pusb

speedie87

Technically clarke is a much better player.

Physically christie is better but he lacks stamina.

Mentally christie appears to have much more about him

motherfunky

Clarke has been awful this season apart from when he came on yday. He didn't have a clue when he played early on in the season. At least Cyrus gets forward better and we need that support up top.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think Clarke is every bit as good going forwards. Our best form last season was largely revolving around the game plan of Norwoods long diagonal balls out to Clarke on the right. Quite a few goals came from that move-and at a higher level than L1. Yesterday his inter-play on the left set up our best chance of the game and started several other moves. And I think he can do a job on the left-he has quick enough feet to switch it on to his right, and enough technique to use the outside of his foot (something I don't think I've ever seen Cyrus do!). He set up a goal last season with a fantastic volleyed pass with the outside of his right at the far (left-wing) post.

Christie may go on eye-catching barn-storming runs, but there is very rarely any end product. He lacks the composure to pick a pass and is often caught out leading to counter-attacks (which is how we concede the majority of goals other than set-pieces). Clarke has a better touch, better composure, better technique (most of Christie's crosses into the area are basically a hoof) and passes it on the floor to team-mates in space-Cyrus goes for the long ball ASAP.

rob9872

Cyrus did me. I feel sorry for Harvey but his mums a slapper

cloughie

I prefer Jordan Clarke
Five crosses put in v every time over Christie as a full back. The only think Christie has i height and supposedly strength.
People state he s good going forward but his crossing is truely awful. He never looks up runs with his head down and generally has to stop as he s no idea wheres he s at. He over hits nearly every cross, crosses without looking if theres players there. Defensively he s a poor tackler and can nt head a ball.
Before I m attacked by the Christie supporters I d ask they just watch the next game and think about what I ve said and feel free to judge.
Of the five crosses he put in yesterday 3 went for goal kicks one to the edge of the box and one actual good cross albeit there was no one near it.
Pusb

As you say perhaps you should watch the next game:whistle:

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

In all honesty, Cyrus is utter shite as a footballer. An athlete yes, a footballer no. Clarke comfortably the better player. Also think it's time for the Edge to have a rest, physically he's a weakling.

dadgad

Clarke for me.
Christie has more physical presence but Clarke is the more gifted.
Yesterday he played out of position but was still the better performer.

skybluejack10

Its the age old question. Clarke or Christie. Its like Ketchup vs Hp or white loaf vs brown loaf. Both have their own unique qualities and both are good players when they want to be, but they're also young and inconsistent. Who would you prefer at right back next saturday? IMO, Clarke was amazing when he came on. He was our best player in the 2nd half IMO. Christie has been utter shite lately from what i've seen. There are times when he links up well with Baker and makes some decent runs but he tries to do too much and ends up f**king up attacks, losing possesion or gets caught int he wrong area. I would prefer Clarke at right back on saturday from what i say yesterday. What do you guys think? Clarke or Christie? Or maybe even Willis?

some of you people on here watch the wrong match! clarke was dier when he came on the other day!!

Donnie Brasco

Clarke was epic yesterday. Christie is very incosistent, but so is Clarke tbh. BIt of a dilema, but after what happened yesterday, i would defo pick Clarke

Clarke was shocking. So many times in the second half he lost the ball but a lucky bounce meant he came out with it after shocking play. I saw this literally happen right in front of me 4 times between 50 and 80minutes gone. Maybe looked good from the opposite side of the Ricoh but up close he was awful.

Clarke was shocking. So many times in the second half he lost the ball but a lucky bounce meant he came out with it after shocking play. I saw this literally happen right in front of me 4 times between 50 and 80minutes gone. Maybe looked good from the opposite side of the Ricoh but up close he was awful.

What game were you watching? He was class. Much better than Christie. He's been shite lately

Donnie Brasco

What game were you watching? He was class. Much better than Christie. He's been shite lately

Christie was on the far side of the Stadium and I did not watch the first half, hence I only commented on the second half and Clarke. He was absolutely shocking, like I say from the far side it may have looked good when he kept the ball. Up close he lost it 4 times when he should have done better and it was literally lucky bounces that brought the ball out at his feet. He commented himself on CWR that his legs were heavy and he put in a below par performance. So maybe you were watching a different game seeing as he admitted he was not on form?

Biased.......probably.

Warwickhunt

It really does'nt matter because everytime either one moved forward the two leftfooted centre backs we have fail to move across to cover the hole and every frigging club in the league knows that and subsequently set themselves up to exploit it. On saturday i watched the Yeovil players every time Cyrus did a sortie going forward their left midfileder moved over into the hole and the Yeovil defenders ensured that any clearences went down that side. Baker is knackered after 70 minutes of hitting his head against a brick wall because they always doubleup sometime 3 up against him and it eventually wears him down and he starts making bloody stupid mistakes and the crowd gets on his back. The midfield are not driving forward Baily & Jennings just want to both sit in front of the defence which leaves a hole in the middle of the park, Jenning should sit in front of the defenders, Baily should be 4 yards in front of him not side by side

Donnie Brasco

It really does'nt matter because everytime either one moved forward the two leftfooted centre backs we have fail to move across to cover the hole and every frigging club in the league knows that and subsequently set themselves up to exploit it. On saturday i watched the Yeovil players every time Cyrus did a sortie going forward their left midfileder moved over into the hole and the Yeovil defenders ensured that any clearences went down that side. Baker is knackered after 70 minutes of hitting his head against a brick wall because they always doubleup sometime 3 up against him and it eventually wears him down and he starts making bloody stupid mistakes and the crowd gets on his back. The midfield are not driving forward Baily & Jennings just want to both sit in front of the defence which leaves a hole in the middle of the park, Jenning should sit in front of the defenders, Baily should be 4 yards in front of him not side by side

So Christie or Clarke?

Users who are viewing this thread