Jordan Lussey on Trial / Training (1 Viewer)

steve82

Looks like he keeps things ticking.... the oil in the machine to quote TM.

Maybe a player to build upon rather than instant hit especially as he's coming back from injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

Looks like he suits one of the 2 holding player roles in midfield, if good enough be in competition for a place in the side with Doyle, Kelly and Stevenson

Sent from my Lenovo A1010a20 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

We need to add to our midfield so I certainly wouldn't mind taking a chance on Lussey if he manages to prove himself to MR. I have a feeling a few trialists will be taken on board over the next month during pre-season games as Robins seems to be a fan of this system by bringing potential players and having a look at them first hand. Case in point he's now already brought in two in one week. He needs to be careful however. Too many trialists can easily become an unneeded disruption to the squad. Because of this, unless Robins sees a real player I'd be reluctant to include too many in the upcoming pre-season games. With the amount of new players coming in as it is, they need all the minutes on the pitch together as they can get.

Like above posters have said though, we need a No.10 badly, so not sure why we're focusing on a position that already looks to be pinned down....

Last edited by a moderator:

steve82

He's on trial? Barnet last year but not many games played through injury and released.

Barnet? Thought it was Southport.
Correct tho had a injury and very inexperienced still.

We need to add to our midfield so I certainly wouldn't mind taking a chance on Lussey if he manages to prove himself to MR. I have a feeling a few trialists will be taken on board over the next month during pre-season games as Robins seems to be a fan of this system by bringing potential players and having a look at them first hand. Case in point he's now already brought in two in one week. He needs to be careful however. Too many trialists can easily become an unneeded disruption to the squad. Because of this, unless Robins sees a real player I'd be reluctant to include too many in the upcoming pre-season games. With the amount of new players coming in as it is, they need all the minutes on the pitch together as they can get.

Like above posters have said though, we need a No.10 badly, so not sure why we're focusing on a position that already looks to be pinned down....

We've a few in the holding role tho Stevenson could still yet go. I guess MR is covering all bases and could be getting players to push in the u23's for a first team spot.

Greggs

Looks like he is well practiced at playing in big stadiums with empty seats, sign him up......

SkyBlueCRJ

Barnet? Thought it was Southport.
Correct tho had a injury and very inexperienced still.

We've a few in the holding role tho Stevenson could still yet go. I guess MR is covering all bases and could be getting players to push in the u23's for a first team spot.

Very true. It's almost a certainty that either Harries, Stevenson or Willis will be sold as they are our obviously most marketable assets. To account for losses, CCFC realistically need to sell a player a year. Even with the potential 450K gained from George Thomas going, I very much doubt that'll be enough to bridge the gap. So, I see why Robins is looking ahead. We need our youth players to remain competitive just as we need replacements for those that are sold.

steve82

Sounds like the perfect back up to Vincenti or cover if Vincenti is played in another role.

Let's hope a deal can be done

Sky Blue Harry H

Basically, if he can stay injury free (i.e not a Keith O'Neill) then he ought to be a great signing. Relatively low cost, with a lot of potential. Some come off, some don't. We can afford to take a chance on one player of this ilk and have it not work, but can't really afford much more than one.

Users who are viewing this thread