Jordan Clarke (2 Viewers)

ccfc92

Motm in my opinion. Did well against Bale, never stopped battling, and put in a good performance from such a young player.

ccfc92

Edge played very well. But its more the fact that Clarke is inexperienced, but coped very well.

ccfc92

I'm not saying he's the only player who did well, I just mean its promising to see he can perform against the best at a young age

LJC_CCFC

Nah I thought he was all over the shop especially first half, lucky for him he had baker to cover his arse

CUS Wyken

Clarke had a mare but what we've got to remember bale is world class. He gives international full backs the runaround

Yorkshire SB

Yeah agree, thought Clarke looked to do the right things when we were in possession too, instead of simply hoofing it back to them

KersleyDigs

Bale tore Maicon (winner of best defender in the world, at the time) to shreds and he scored a hattrick. I think the fact that Bale scored one is a feather in Clarkes cap!

PVA

He's so much better than Christie, particularly defensively. Hope he keeps the shirt now, he deserves it.

marcus87

I would say edge today Jordan Clarke did well against bale but as a team we were poor first half stud off them , but second we got stuck in and played much better

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Edge was the outstanding player of our lot.

Didnt really think Clarke (J) done that well. Yes Bales a top player, but I think the fact he must have had the most attempts at goal, most individual possession, and created most gaps in our defence. Yes he was flitting from left to right so Clarke cant be solely to blame

Mucca Mad Boys

Wood was our best CB, J. Clarke was very good, Baker was mixed, some good, some bad, but he was against a very good LB. L. Clarke was ok, but isolated, Adams was good at defending and attacking.

Thomas and Fleck played well when they came on, very, very impressed with Thomas, Fleck strung some clever passes together.

They were too good for us though.

wingy

Wood was our best CB, J. Clarke was very good, Baker was mixed, some good, some bad, but he was against a very good LB. L. Clarke was ok, but isolated, Adams was good at defending and attacking.

Thomas and Fleck played well when they came on, very, very impressed with Thomas, Fleck strung some clever passes together.

They were too good for us though.
It really was a pleasure to see Thomas back,played very well ,I was also pleased to see Clark back but I thought the first 20-25 mins he was very suspect,in reality they were on a different planet the way they moved the ball,we started the game in awe of them but it was inevitable the way it panned out

Gaz

I don't think Jordan Clarke was bad today, lets remember who he was up against.

I just hope some fans are not looking for a player to boo now that Hussey isn't in the side.

olderskyblue

It doesn't matter who you are up against, if you cannot pass to a team mate more often than not, they you are not very good. J Clarke was, with Jennings, our poorest performer today.

Gaz

Of course it matters who he was up against.
feck me.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Gotta say he looked dodgy to me. Bale didn't stay on the left for long periods of the game as he drifted across our back 4 very well. Our MotM was Wood imo. Him and Edge managed to hold their strikers off fairly well imo - our goals were sloppy but they can't do the entire defending by themselves

CovisGod

Wood for me, apart from the 3rd goal he didn't do much wrong. I thought most of the others shat themselves the second they got the ball, Wood (and The Edge actually) both didn't do badly.

Questionable subs in my opinion though, I'm not one to question Robins after the last couple of months but bringing on Barton and Thomas in my opinion was pointless, were 3 nill down to Prem opposion, nothing to lose, bring Elliott on for a midfielder and try and atleast gives the travelling fans a goal, however that's why Robins is a manager and I'm at home pissed watching the darts :)

Steve.B50

I think both Wood and the EDge did well yesterday.
Clarke was ok after first 30 mins but we must remember Bale and co are world class.

kg82

I went with 3 spurs supporters yesterday. They all said they thought our right back was good. To be fair, the whole team was bad 1st half, I have NO idea what was going on with Bailey and Moussa. 2nd half was good though. Thomas and Fleck looked really good. Loved how fleck was getting into space and finding players and Thomas's forward runs. Very good. Gives me hope!

olderskyblue

Of course it matters who he was up against.
feck me.

So if you're up against a top player, you're passing automatically goes to shit then?

Users who are viewing this thread